Midnight

Baekxing Drabbles

Lay staggered into the EXO M dorm exhausted from his endless schedules and flights to and from China.He walked to his room as quiet as possible, trying not to wake the others. As he the light he was immediately ambushed by a tiny body.

“You’re back!” Baekhyun cuddled into Lay’s chest enjoying the familiar fresh scent of the later’s cologne .

“ Ah Baekhyun, you scared me what are you doing up?” Yixing hit Baekhyun in a scolding manner.

“ I was waiting for you! You never answer my messages!” Baekhyun pouted and went to sit on the bed.

“I’m sorry I was just... really busy..” Lay set his bag down and stood in front of the bed gazing down at Baek, “ I’m sorry to do this too but I’m so tired would you mind if I just went to sleep and we talk in the morning?”

“You answered Xiumin hyung!” Baek glared feeling a bit dejected by Yixing’s response but he quickly smiled masking his disappointment and slipped under the covers “ I figured you’d want to sleep, see I’m already in my Pj’s!” Baekhyun smiled up at Yixing tucked in up to his chin.

Yixing couldn’t help but laugh at how childish Baek looked, “You’re not gonna go to your room?”

“No, Jongdae is sleeping and I don’t want to wake him..last time he threw all the pillows at me” Baekhyun pulled on Yixing’s hand indicating for the other to lie down.

 

Yixing slowly made himself comfortable trying his best to not crowd Baekhyun too much, which he found to be a rather difficult task. Everytime he moved he felt as if the other was there, this bed is not made for two people, he thought. Lying in silence Yixing stared at the ceiling, he was beyond exhausted but still unable to sleep. He began to think about how nice it was to be back in the dorm, even though it was small and he had no privacy, being with the others was worth it.

Baekhyun, I’m sorry for not answering you. I become homesick when it is you. No matter how long or short the time is when I am away, when it is you, it hurts. I’m sorry.

Yixing thought about how much he really liked Baekhyun. It  had only occurred to him a couple weeks ago when he broke down from a simple-routine “Good-morning!” message from Baekhyun while he was on set. Baekhyun was always taking care of him and somehow Yixing found himself falling more and more for him. Yixing sighed feeling overwhelmed. He wondered if Baekhyun was sleeping so he rolled over slightly.

Baekhyun was lying on his stomach mouth slightly open, breathing softly.

Beautiful.

Yixing slowly searched for the other’s hand. When he found it and he interlocked their fingers the best he could without waking to other.

I wish I could do this confidently, not because I’m your friend but because I love you Baekhyun. I want to be able to hold your hand whenever I feel like it . I want to be able to protect you and cheer you up when you’re sad. I wish that this never had to end.

Yixing thought bitterly, angry with his own cowardice as he gazed at Baekhyun. It took all of him not to lean in and capture the younger’s lips.

“Yixing ah” Baekhyun whispered faintly.

Yixing was startled, pulling his hand away quickly. His cheeks flushed with embarrassment.“ Oh sorry did I wake you?”

“Close your eyes”  Baekhyun said his own eyes still closed.

Yixing did as his was told assuming Baekhyun was also tired and just wanted for the two of them to sleep. Just when Yixing felt as though he was going to die from embarrassment he felt Baekhyun shift halfway onto him, pinning him down. Baekhyun pressed their lips together, then just as quickly slid back down so that he could lay his head on Yixing’s chest.

“ Reply to me next time, I worry about you” Baekhyun’s voice muffled as he snuggled his face into Yixing, “ I miss you .. I miss you so much when you’re gone” Baekhyun had not planned to cry but he couldn’t help himself as he felt Yixing’s heartbeat against his cheek.

“Baekhyun,” Yixing didn’t know what to say so he wrapped his arms around Baekhyun and interlaced their legs reducing the space between them as much as possible.

Baekhyun’s tears only became stronger and Yixing found himself wanting to cry as well.

“ Baekhyun I miss you too,” a tear fell down his cheek “ I miss you the most, I miss you so much when I’m away it hurts,I’m sorry I was distant. I didn’t want to admit it, I..” Yixing stopped. Saying all of this out loud was strange and he was nervous.

It was silent again.

“Yixing… I like you. At lot..the most...as more than a friend….” Baekhyun paused and raised his gaze so he could look at Yixing, “ is that o...ok?”

Yixing fought back his tears and simply lead Baekhyun’s lips to his guiding him by his jaw. Tears streamed anyway as the two of them communicated all their feelings through their kiss. Yixing began to kiss his way down toward Baekhyun’s neck pulling away only to whisper “ I like you the most too Baekhyunnie”