Carmel Cafe

Baekxing Drabbles

20:08

Yixing sat in his favorite seat , the one next to the window where he could watch people. He sat in Carmel Cafe watching each afternoon. He watched them shopping, laughing, kissing or running for shelter from the rain. He simply loved people. Even though he was alone, and liked it that way he still loved them.

"Here you go"

Yixing looked up to see a cheerful looking waiter smiling as he placed a cappuccino in front of him. " How did.."

"You order the same thing then stay till closing everday I thought I might as well save you the trouble of ordering" The waiter laughed patting Yixing on the shoulder before darting off to another table.

Yixing smiled sipping at his drink. He went to resume his observation out the window but caught the reflection of the young waiter carrying teas to a group of older women and subconciously turned to watch him.

The waiter had light brown hair with a fringe that framed his face,pale skin and seemed about the same height but generally smaller and had a very, very distracting mouth, Yixing thought. He watched as the other beamed big toothy smiles at customers and pursed his lips at the barista who by purposefully mixing up orders. He also had a habit of dragging his tongue along and biting at his lips causing them to turn a bright shade of pink. Distracting.

Yixing finished his drink and sat watching the boy until he disappeared behind the employees only door and the others began to close up shop. Yixing payed and waved goodbye as he left and began the walk home. He turned the corner only to have two small hands cover his eyes startling him. He turned quickly to see the little waiter sporting one of his toothy smiles obviously trying to hold back his laughter.

"Oh, its you" Yixing smiled at him then looked away not sure what to talk about next.

"Hey don't you hav any friends? Why are you always alone? Don't you get bored sitting all that time be yourself??" The little one squinted and began walking, pulling Yixing with him.

"No." Yixing blushed. Being alone hadn't bothered him before since he never felt alone. Now, though, he thought, how normal is it to befriend different people each day through what you imagine them to be like from behind a cafe window? 

"Hmmm"  the boy hummed, "that must be why you stared at me all day, huh?"

"I wasn..."

"You want to be friends right?" he smiled

"No, I.."

"Then you must like me" he laughed linking their arms together.

Yixing shied away  "No." he said firmly " I don't..I don't know you. Im sorry I stared I just.."

"I'm Baekhyun! Its ok! I watch you too!" The little waiter grabbed Yixing again smiling up at him. "Its too bad..I really hoped you like me.." he looked off pouting his bottom lip

"Wh..Why??"

"Because I like you, you're like me. Alone but not lonely." Baekhyun giggled and Yixing couldn't help but blush at his cuteness. Maybe its not opposites that attract but similar people who are drawn to each other he thought.

"We should be friends" "Walk home with me on days that I work" " You have a cute accent where are you from? probably somewhere nice" "ooo you have a dimple! you should smile more" Baekhyun rambled for so long that Yixing hadn't even noticed they already past his neighborhood.

"Where are we?" he asked in awe of the beautiful traditional style houses. 

"Oh my house silly, thanks for walking me home! Stop by the cafe on Wednesday, ok?" Baekhyun placed a kiss on Yixing's cheek before running to his door and quickly shutting himself in. He sank down to the floor, "finally". 

 

 

-   -   -

 

Author's Note

I will probably add more to this story I just wrote a lil something while bored at work today.

Hope you like it! If you have any requests just leave me a comment or message <3