Love Is An Open Door, Literally

Crushed

After Jaejoong’s first and very successful, mind you, conversation with “the love of his life”, he and Yunho started to chat online regularly. Now that the first phase of his “I totally didn’t just come up with this right now, this was all very thoroughly planned out” plan to get Jung Yunho to notice him was accomplished, he was planning out phase two.

 

Jaejoong tried asking help from his cousin Heechul, but immediately regretted it because “Oh right, I forgot that you’re an ungrateful !” he shouted out to said cousin as the latter ignored his pleas of help.

 

Jaejoong was known in their batch for being musically inclined, with a voice like that of an angel’s and fine piano skills, students who had piano for their music class always went to him for help. This time though, it was the person his cousin had his eyes on, Hangeng. Being the kind dongsaeng that he was, he declined on giving Hangeng some tutorial piano lessons with the excuse of being too busy at the moment, but he did suggest asking his cousin Heechul, who was also a very good piano player, for help.

 

Heechul was pleasantly surprised when Hangeng chose to sit beside him during their philosophy class together. Hangeng flashed a smile at him and asked for help with playing the piano, and of course Heechul didn’t decline. They planned to meet up after classes at one of the music rooms for a piano lesson.

 

Heechul was feeling just a little nervous about playing the piano in front of his crush, but since he was innately a diva, that didn’t stop him from showing off. After the initial basic lesson, Hangeng asked him if he could play by ear. “Yeah, I guess, but I’m not an expert at it.” Heechul ‘humbly’ replied. Of course he could play by ear. He was great at it. “Do you still remember that church song Ms. Lee played in class a while ago?”

 

“Yeah, you can play that after listening just once?” Hangeng asked in awe. Heechul nodded and played it for him effortlessly.

At that moment, Choi Siwon, the school’s so called ‘church-boy’, he was called that due to his ABSOLUTELY RELIGIOUS nature, happened to be passing by the music room Heechul and Hangeng was at. He stopped in his footsteps when he heard the familiar melody of his favourite worship song and mindlessly entered the music room.

 

Heechul stopped playing when he heard the door open and both he and Hangeng turned their heads towards the sound.

 

“Heechul, that was you playing?” Siwon asked in astonishment. He never thought that Heechul would share the same interest in him, let alone knew the song he just played.

 

“Uh, yeah?” Heechul uninterestedly replied, waiting for Siwon to go away because , he was just beginning to get more comfortable with Hangeng. Siwon did not get the message though and stayed with them until the end of the lesson, bugging Heechul the whole time and claiming that they were destined for each other by God.

 

“Look Chullie-hyung, it wasn’t my fault you screwed up your chance with Hangeng! I gave you a chance and you just blew it on your own!”

 

“Whatever! How was I supposed to know that, that ing church-boy, Siwon, was going to stop by during our piano lesson?” Heechul said, defending himself, trying not to think of his utter irritation for a certain Choi Siwon, who ruined his alone time with Hangeng. "And how does that even make sense? I thought those overly religious types were supposed to hate being gay? What the ?"

 

“Yeah, well, happens.” And that was the last thing Jaejoong said before his cousin kicked him out of their shared loft.

 

Luckily, Jaejoong’s best friend’s condo unit was in the same building, so he ran to Yoochun’s room to seek refuge. As he was waiting for the elevator to arrive, he texted his best friend,

 

To: Mate~

From: Soul~

Message: Hey, Chunnie! xD That Heechul kicked me out ;__; I’m coming over in a few!! upset emoticon You better not be getting frisky with Minnie rn. tongue emoticon

 

To: Soul~

From: Mate~

Message: Don’t worry, we just finished cleaning up tongue emoticon And the boys are here, they’re playing video games and ignoring me >w< Pls do come here!!

 

Jaejoong knocked on the door of Yoochun’s condo and he heard a group of voices inside. “, it sounds like the whole team’s here. How am I supposed to rant at Chunnie.” Jaejoong thought to himself as Yoochun sent him another message.

 

To: Soul~

From: Mate~

Message: Oh. And Yunho’s here btw. ;p

 

“That little .” Jaejoong said in shock just when the mentioned love of his life opened the door.


“Oh. Hey, Jaejoong.” Yunho greeted him with his bright killer smile.