9.

He who longs the sun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A fondness that came from this monster. 

 

“What are you?” she asked, being pretty hypothetic. 

 

He smiled at her question, like always accepting it pretty well. “I’m a monster” that answer came out effortlessly as he grabbed a glass of water and gave it to her. 

“No like, what kind?” she asked again, this time a definite sternness in her tone. 

 

A laboured sigh escaped Hwanuk’s lips as he sat down beside her. He was in fact, starting to get annoyed by her endless questions. “Some kind of a vampire. I don’t know for sure.” he finally answered, looking pretty disturbed by his confession. As if he really had no idea of what type of being he is, as if he had spent all his life trying to know and failed. But the wretched expression quickly swapped into his usual calm. Seeing Hwanuk like that made her awfully quiet and bloated with guilt. She kept poking her nose in places that brought painful silence in the room. ‘Me and my mouth’ regretted Hawol. 

 

“I made breakfast. It’s just a simple sandwich though, I hope you can tolerate it.” he said cheerfully, sliding a plate of sandwich on the tea table. 

 

“Thank you.” Hawol whispered, her smiling face defining more than just her free breakfast or the shelter he gave. She was deeply touched by his kindness and it was said with each letter uttered. Hwanuk smiled back at her, his eyes almost gone from it as the bliss inside his heart over poured.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter