Fate?

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As usual, Taehyung went to the game store that day, a bit late since he stopped by a coffee shop first. His boss, Namjoon, was okay with his situation and he didn't have heart to scold the innocent boy. After all he did good there, with his knowledge of various games and all, made Namjoon impressed. He even gave the boy extra time to get the breakfast. Even now he was considering promoting Taehyung to be a full timer staff there. Let's say Namjoon had soft spot for the cheerful boy.

Namjoon told all staffs that there would be some new games arrived today and they could give it a try. Cheering suddenly echoed through the room, made the boss covered his ears. He was actually glad seeing his employees like this, he wanted them to be excited because games were made for fun. Without forgetting their job of course. There was time to work but they didn't have to be too serious about it. The welcoming and friendly aura should be created so that the customers could enjoy hunting games there.

Taehyung was looking forward to try the new game. He read the review on the latest magazine and it seemed cool. His colleagues started to take their turn, he couldn't wait for his. He was getting giddy only by seeing them. But he had to be patient. He knew it. He was still new there so he couldn't just cut the queue and play. Ruffling his hair, he walked back to his spot and greeted a customer.

 

 

"Hello! Can I help you?"

Jimin was surprised of the sudden voice. He turned his head with wide eyes and met a boy, maybe same age or younger than him, smiled so brightly at him. 

"Oh sorry, did I surprise you?"

The boy's expression changed to a worry one, felt bad of what he just did. Jimin shook his head, he should be the one who felt bad, not the boy.

"Nah, it's nothing." He smiled. "I was just confused."

"Oh." The boy grinned sheepishly, rubbing his back neck. "I'm still sorry though."

Jimin chuckled, this boy was just too cute. Looking from his attire, he might be one of the interns or part timer there. 

"No need to, uh.. Taehyung-ssi?"

"How'd you know my name?"

"I guess you have name tag there, no?"

"Huh?" He looked down scanning his shirt. "Oh."

Jimin seriously wanted to laugh at him, he wanted to pinch those cheeks as well. 

"Nevermind, now can you help me with some stuffs? I'm not really into games.."

"Sure!" Taehyung flashed his square-like smile and gave a thumb up. "I'm the expert!"

This made Jimin cackled though, he just saw the boy for a minute but he seemed fun to talk with. Taehyung had this kind of aura that made people felt comfortable. And Jimin had to admit, he liked it. A bit.

"So, what kind of games you're looking for?"

"Hmm.. I'm not too sure.." Jimin pouted. "Actually it's for my cousin's birthday gift."

It was true. Jungkook asked it for his birthday gift, but he didn't give any clue what he wanted. So for a guy that didn't really know about games, Jimin really was clueless. Taehyung nodded. He seemed to think for seconds then asked the shorter boy some questions to get the hint.

"Well, maybe this can be the one."

Taehyung led Jimin to the other shelf, where the new games were placed. Jimin looked at the bunch of games in awe, he never thought that he would see this many. 

"I'm pretty sure your cousin doesn't have this yet."

Jimin narrowed his eyes, trying to read what it is about. He seriously had no idea, at all. Would Jungkook like it? All he knew that his cousin wasn't interested in cute anime-like thingy, so this kind of war game might be the best one. Or not? He wished he understood a bit about this and didn't end up with regret.

"You can exchange it if your cousin didn't like it, don't worry."

"Really?"

"I'll give you a day guarantee." Taehyung looked around before leaned close to Jimin and whispered "But don't tell this to my boss, he would kick me out of here!"

Jimin laughed and unconsciously hit Taehyung's chest playfully. "Oh my God you're so funny!"

"Am I really?" Taehyung grinned like a child. "Thank you I guess, mister..?"

"Yah, do I look that old?" Jimin clicked his tongue and glared at the boy beside him. "I'm still 20 though."

"Oh! Me too me too!" Taehyung excitedly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter