Prologue

Choice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Life was easier when they were together, because two was better than one, after all. Worries and fear were no big deal for them, they could handle it as long as they stayed side by side. The promise was like a sacred vow that they would keep it no matter what happened. There was always a different way to reach the happiness they dreamt of. 

 

 

Yes, living together was indeed better than alone. Imagined that there was somebody accompanied you for 24/7. Somebody that would willingly carry you to the bed when you fell asleep on the couch. Somebody that would hug and gave you the warmth when you were cold. Somebody that you could trust 100% with no doubt.

 

Taehyung already went through the first obstacle, which was his family. He could say it as a family no more, since the day his mother passed away and he got to stay with his father. To say that he hated being left alone was an understatement, he never liked the old man and stuck with him was a torture. He'd rather run away from his so called home than saw the disgusting scene of his father making out with his new chick.

He was about to leave the house silently when the old man suddenly stood before him, bubbling something incoherently that Taehyung recognized he was drunk. The smell of alcohol filled the air and he had to scrunch up his face, fanning himself to get rid of it. Just how many bottles did his father drink? He looked over the coffee table and found the answer. Half dozen empty bottle of soju were there and he still wondered why it didn't kill the man?

Getting tired of the hiccups, he sighed heavily while passing his father, not wanting to waste anymore time. His grip on his backpack tightened when he heard the owner of husky voice called his name.

"Taehyung-ah.."

Don't look back. Just don't.

His free hand grabbed the knob and before he could open the door, once again he heard something.

"Don't leave me.." Cry and hiccups interrupted the words. "My son.."

Son? Why now?

He shook his head, trying to be careless of that one word. He didn't hear it for like fifteen years. Even not when he was in a crying mess on his mother's grave. And now out of blue that word slipped out of the drunken man behind him. 

Don't pity him. Just go.

Gritting his teeth, he opened the door and braced himself to say the last words.

"Sorry.. Dad.."

It's time for me to start my new life out there. Alone.

 

 

It even didn't take a second for Jimin to know who the guest was. The one and only person to break into his apartment without even knocking or saying anything was that kid.

"Is it hard to knock first? Don't you understand privacy?"

He said without even tearing his eyes off of the tv played his favorite anime. 

"Privacy my ."

The big sack of popcorns on his lap got replaced by the sudden weight of a person sitting there. He pushed the guy aside while groaning.

"Get off you brat!"

All he heard was a chuckle. An evil chuckle. And it was annoying.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter