x。be my song

「 under the moonlight ☾」seulgi drabble requests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

pairing: seulgi x suga ; unrequited love au
music: don’t push me - wendy & seulgi
word count: 1119

 

Unrequited love . It like no other. To see the love of your life be with someone else that isn’t you -- how are people supposed to handle the pain?

 

At least, that’s what Yoongi has heard from his friends. He never personally experienced it for himself. He simply doesn’t have time for love -- college took up 80% of his life and the only 20% was spent on friends and family. There was no room for a girl.

 

But this one assignment -- this stupid assignment -- from his music teacher was about to drive him crazy. As a music major, it was no big deal to compose a song as a way for the professors to assess their students. But a love song? And more specifically, an unrequited love song? There was no way for Yoongi to relate and he was at a loss for ideas.

 

He had officially hit a wall.

 

“Why don’t you just make it up?” Taehyung asked over lunch.

 

“No good. It lacks emotion and depth. I don’t want to make a cliche song -- I want it to be raw and real.”

 

“Jeez, you’re just making it harder for yourself,” Taehyung shook his head at his buddy. “Then find a girl!”

 

Yoongi scoffed, “Easier said than done. Not interested in anyone.”

 

“Is it because you’re...gay?” Taehyung whispered the last part.

 

Yoongi took off his cap to slap Taehyung’s head with it. “No, I’m just serious about liking someone unlike you. I can’t fall in love with someone at first sight.”

 

Taehyung rubbed his head with a pout, “It’s simple, really. Make a girl your target and just see how it goes from there.”

 

“Yeah? Like who?” Yoongi stabbed his potato with his fork and took a bite. Taehyung rubbed his chin in thought.

 

“Knowing you, you have high standards...what about Bae Joohyun from the drama department?”

 

Yoongi shot him a glare, “Like I’d go for an actress. And who said I have high standards?”

 

“No wait, I got it! Son Seungwan from the music department!”

 

Yoongi sighed, “I know everyone in the music department. If I was interested in her, I wouldn’t have this problem, would I?”

 

“Picky, picky...hey, what about her?” Taehyung gestured to a girl across the cafeteria. Yoongi turned around to see her with several friends. She had wavy black locks, a slim body, and stunning eyes.

 

“Who’s she?” Yoongi asked his friend.

 

“I think her name’s Kang Seulgi. She’s in the art department. Quite a beauty, huh?”

 

Yoongi shrugged and continued to eat his food, by in the back of his mind, he couldn’t erase the image of her smiling as her friend cracked a joke, and the way she walked with a sense of grace and poise. <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter