CHAPTER 2

Clandestine

Chapter 2

 

The Flashback

 

 

I was sitting alone in my condo drinking liquor. I browsed the channels on the TV but there is nothing seems interesting. I stood up and got the visual tape I watches almost every day.

 

                A petite and beautiful woman appeared on the screen. I sighed. This woman was happily dancing accompanied by my self – composed song before. How I misses her. How can I forget her when I still love her? She’s the one who made me blissful in contentment, made me blush, made me act like a baby, made me feel butterflies in my stomach and made me shy whenever I am with her. My eyes were glued on the screen, reminiscing the moment that Dara are still together 3 months ago.

 

                Dara was in our CEO office for I don’t know the reason. I was waiting here at the rooftop of our company’s building. A little garden full of flowers made the mood calm and relaxing.       Rooftop has been our meeting place where no one can see us even our co-artists and label mates.

 

“Where are you Dara? I already miss you.” I whispered.

 

I heard footsteps coming near. It was Dara as I predicted.

 

“Ji,” she called me. She looks so sad.

 

“Hey, what’s with that look” I asked her worriedly as I go near her. Then her sad face before turned into a cheerful one.

 

“I’m having a new project, guess what?” she looks extremely happy. “I’m going to have my own drama and I’m the main lead!” she exclaimed.

 

Dara really wanted to act in a drama but since our company is a music label, only a little chance could make it possible. Our company focuses on writing, creating, and producing music so the President wants us to stick to it.

 

                “Are you not happy?” she asked me. I chuckled.

 

                “Who’s the guy?,” I lean to her closely.

 

               “Guy? What guy?” she look innocent.

 

               “The leading man of yours,” I said to her still closed to her face.

               

              “Lee Minho, perhaps are you jealous?,” she’s teasing me right now. I remain silent. I heard her chuckled.

 

I move more nearer to her that I could hear her breathing. She was look surprised in my action. But the next thing happened I was taken aback.

 

She just kissed me. It was just smack on my lips. This girl really knows how to play with me. Dara let out a big smile on her lips. I hugged her.

 

“Congratulations you finally made it but I will not going to allow that Lee Minho to take you from me and you’re not allowed to have a kissing scene. You should have a double.” I whispered to her. We are still hugging each other.

 

“Don’t worry Ji, I am yours already and forever be yours,” she said that made me blushed.

 

“I love you Dara”, I sincerely said to her.

 

“I love you too, Ji,” she said to me in her sweet voice.

 

That day I thought was the start of Dara’s successful career as an actress although she is already famous as a singer. Few weeks later after they announced that Dara and Lee Minho will having a drama together, lot of positive feedbacks from the netizens is receive. Many fans wish that they are dating; they said that Lee Minho and Dara tandem was perfect. So the management of Dara talks to her and to Lee Minho side.

 

“Ji can I talk to you, meet me at the rooftop now,” Dara said to me looking so depress few minutes ago. So I decided to go immediately as I think it was an important matter. Why do I feel nervous suddenly?

 

It was very cold here; it was quite as you can hear the wind blows. I saw Dara sitting in one of the bench, she’s thinking deeply.

 

“Babe? What’s the matter?,” I sit beside her. Her head is down and her pale skin made her more appear like a sick person. She turned her head to face me.

 

“The producer of our drama talk to me about something,” Dara said without looking to me.

 

“About what?,” I asked her worriedly.

 

“They said that Lee Minho and I should pretend in front of the people that we are dating and we should publicize our fake relationship so the netizens could feel more contented in our upcoming drama and that we can have more opportunities to happen,” she was tremulous. After I heard those words I feel like someone was stubbing my heart.

 

“What did you say?” I asked her afraid of what she’s going to say.

 

“I - -I - I agreed to them,” she said shuttering not even looking at me.

 

“WHAT?,” that was the first word that come out to my mouth. I was out of control right now.

 

“Ji lets me explain first,” she held my hands. “It was just for the entire drama after that we can just say to the fans that Lee Minho and I already broke up. You know that I’ve been dreaming to  star in a drama. I’m sorry and it was just fake. Please understand me, Ji,” she said pleadingly as her tears started to fall.

 

There is no way that I can understand her. How could she agree with that kind of decision? I clenched my fist.

 

“No way Dara, You decide on your own, you didn’t even think how I feel. You know that you are in a relationship but then you approved?” my tone of voice is getting higher. The blood is running up to my head. We are now in a heated argument.

 

“What do you expect me to say to them. ‘I can’t accept it because I was in a relationship with my label mates Kwon Jiyong?’ What??? I thought you want our relationship to be private and I want that too.,” she was crying. We are now in a heated argument.

 

“If it’s about our relationship, if you needed to say that then you should!!” I exclaimed. I was holding my anger.

 

“You know the rules in our company that dating with the same co-artist in the same company isn’t allowed? How could you just tell me to reveal our relationship?? HOW??”  Dara was also angry right now. Both of us can’t control of what’s happening. It was good that no one artist is here at the rooftop.

 

“I’ve already sign the contract,” she said plainly before leaving.

 

I cover my face with my palm in frustration. I can’t understand her. Yes, we are a celebrity but how could she agree with that decisions were you need to pretend in front of many people. What if the fans will found out about it then many people could possibly hate them especially Dara. I really don’t understand what’s happening to us. This was the first time we had a serious argument.

 

Weeks past, Dara and I are still in hiatus when it’s come to our relationship. She always avoids me and they’ve already announce to the public that Lee Minho and her are ‘dating’. There are many positive feedbacks about there so called ‘relationship’ and their drama rates high the most. Many netizens says that maybe because their acting was very genuine that it made them touch their hearts. Truly, their planned succeeded.

 

 

It was too childish that we don’t even talk before that unpleasant incident and we don’t have a clear deliberation about our relationship. Maybe because one of us doesn’t want to accept our mistake, it’s our pride of course.

 

Our relationship before was never been public. As an idol, we need to maintain our good impression towards the fans. Fans considered us as their boyfriend so whoever idols attempt to reveal their secret relationship to the public, they will going to received lots of hurtful comments from their fans especially on the girls side. That’s what we are trying to avoid. But then it was disadvantage to me because Dara’s fan boys are free to express their affection towards my Dara without knowing that she has already a boyfriend, all netizens know that she isn’t in a relationship until they announced about her so called ‘relationship’ with Lee Minho.

 

It was really hard to become a celebrity, fans know you more than you do, knows your schedule and even following you anywhere you go. Luckily, my relationship with Dara became private and no one knows it except our families. Not even our co-artists knows about it. But now, it’s does not make any sense. 

______________________________________________________________________________________

SORRY! Last two chapters left!