17-23

Another drabble dump

a/n uuuuuguhuhgh sorry. I took too long to write these. It was supposed to be 25, but then one I didn't like it, and the other got too big and i published as an oneshot. If i wasn't with my mind set on making lots of couple, i'd make it all about woosoo and wooya, thank god i can't.

 

 

17. I'll help you color the days, I'll lend you my fog~ [ woogyu ]

 

Because Sunggyu is dull and numb by the expectation piling high on his shoulders that Woohyun always comes up with the dumbest ideas so he can pull one rare, small, quick, shy smile out of the elder. He needs it. It's the highlight of his own day. What makes him excited for tomorrow.

 

Be with his shameless acts, with his cheesy pick up lines, dumb jokes, or even with him being his silly, slow self. It still makes Sunggyu happy. Who's he to argue, to try to change because people constantly tell him to, when this Woohyun makes someone so important happy? Sunggyu is there for him too. He doesn't need much, or anyone else when Sunggyu is there with his tired smiles, halfassed complaints, and the cutest lisp ever. His whole self starts to be Woohyun's guiding light and the sole reason he puts up with his life. He's completely okay with how much he needs Sunggyu, though. The elder knowing it or not, the necessity being mutual or not, he's okay with it. For as long as he's getting that shy smile that's so blinding, and so, so reserved for him and Woohyun only; his little breather for everyday suffocating bore.

 

18. I guess we're breaking up, just so we can make it up [ hogyu ]

It was a calm Sunday, with lazy morning cuddling post lazy morning , their breakfast was almost completely composed of yesterday's leftover pizza, except for the chocolate milk Sunggyu insisted on having first thing, ("you're almost thirty, seriously?") you're never too old for chocolate milk. They had lazy morning cuddling again while watching cartoons, and then a small heated argument over why cartoons keep getting tier as time passes (Howon disagrees, of course. He always ing disagrees, he's like ace ing attorney protesting against every little thing). They then had a heated make out session, and only after they both agreed it was noon (noon is only after three pm) the couple decided to actually do something: go to a bar, drink, eat, come back home, argue about which movie they're going to watch, then once the movie was over, or cuddle.

They went through the first steps smoothly. Both take less than minimal time to get dressed(jeans, sneakers, some old partially clean shirt, a cap and whatever coat he can get his hand first for Howon, a beanie and the fluffiest sweater for Sunggyu), they lose at least thirteen minutes kissing before finally leaving their apartment; the bar is never really crowded, so they found seats also quickly. It's a small, quiet venue with yellow dim lights and some retro themed décor that make it look classy, the portions of food are huge, and that's the only reason they keep coming. Sunggyu starts drinking first, some expensive brand of beer that Howon doesn't really care to know the name of. They laugh, make some silly banter that's not taken seriously by both, the food comes in, then they argue that the food doesn't, or does have too much salt and why is that so bad, they eat while exchanging warm glares.

By the end of it, Sunggyu's tipsy. Howon is completely sane, sober, and that's the reason Sunggyu vehemently believes the younger should pay. Howon doesn't argue with this one, not because Sunggyu is right, but because he's drunk and it's complicated to keep it logical when the other is prone to crying or getting a fit of laughter when drunk.

When they get home, Sunggyu is sad. Not sad, but angry. Kind of tired, but he's mumbling how much he hates it that they can't be as touchy as that ing disgusting couple that sat a few tables away from them, and why. Why not? His tone gets higher, and there's such resentment on his voice, Howon knows he doesn't mean it, Sunggyu is the worst type of drunk. He says what he doesn't mean it, say hurtful things just for the fun of it, and have the worst ideas ever. When he says he wants a relationship like that, that he wants to be able to kiss his lover whenever, that he wants to be normal -- normal ticks Howon off. He can understand the other, no, he can't. But he tries.

Howon would kiss him in the front of a whole crowd, be ridiculed for life if Sunggyu asked, Howon doesn't have a family anymore because he told them about Sunggyu and the other talks as if they're living some kind of secret relationship. So he explodes, because Howon is just as insecure as Sunggyu, but a bit less of a coward. If they're not proclaiming their love everywhere and being disgustingly in love publicly is because Sunggyu doesn't even let Howon hug him when they're not inside their safe haven.

They yell, they fight, break things, then it's all over and Howon is smoking somewhere not close to Sunggyu's apartment.

The next day Sunggyu's sorry, he's so sorry, he'll never drink again, he loves Howon so badly and he needs Howon so if he could please, please come back home, it won't happen ever again.

And Howon does.

They hug for an eternity, they kiss like forever, they spent the whole day at the bed, saying sweet nothings and smiling and cuddling, they say hundreds I love yous, and later when they leave to eat somewhere else -- today at the burger king because Howon wanted some fast food, the younger hugs Sunggyu from behind, leaves butterfly kisses at his neck, and nobody's looking, nobody's judging, they're okay, and Sunggyu's happy giggles bring the biggest smile to Howon's lips. They're okay.

19. Beach + gazing at each other + fluff ( dongyeol )

 

There's something special about Dongwoo when he feels he's at his element. It's not bad, not weird. It's exquisite, because Dongwoo for all the happiness he exudes is still quite insecure, not approval seeking, but he's not really inclined into being himself no matter what; he likes it when people enjoy his presence, so sometimes he does change a bit. He's seen worse people, Dongwoo still has a bit of himself no matter how much he tries to hide, to placate someone else. He's undeniably himself and at least a bit of it is always there, present. Be it his loud and obnoxious laugh, rapid jumbled speech, those strange ideas, the good heart, or just being quirky. Something is always there no matter how much he tries to.

 

Sungyeol is someone, sadly, observant. It's just his feature, to analyze, to know, to research. He's the one that can read you by your actions. He knows Dongwoo, not as well as some, but he does, and he's accepting. Much so. He doesn't care about "you", because he'll think you're annoying anyway. It's not about Dongwoo but he himself who likes being a little . Dongwoo can do whatever, be whatever, Sungyeol won't be pleased (at least visibly) with anything. He's got no need to please Sungyeol, and he appreciates that. He can act like a kid and Sungyeol wouldn't give a , even if the young male forces a lame show of how much he despises everyone. That's just him, no offense should be taken.

 

They're going to the beach today. Sun's unforgiving today, no clouds at sight, and Sungyeol is nagging, because it's too hot goddamnit, but that's okay, he'd do the same home, saying it's too cold because of the air con, nothing is ever great for him -- it sometimes it but those are rare time like when Dongwoo has Sungyeol at his arms and he's kissing Sungyeol's neck (it tickles), then he's taking the younger's shirt off, peppering kisses everywhere, Sungyeol doesn't breathe a word.

 

He shuts up at the promise of sweets, and that he'll be rewarded for his willingness later.

 

When they get there, Sungyeol doesn't bother undressing, while Dongwoo doesn't bother with sunscreen, or anything else. He's quick to get to the water, it's been awhile since they had time to enjoy a day like this. Sungyeol smiles when Dongwoo laughs because the water is too cold, it doesn't make sense but the elder doesn't really makes sense. He sits on one of those small tables scattered around, sunglasses on, he doesn't have any pretension of getting near the water, he orders soda while he turns to keep an eye at Dongwoo. He knows the elder is completely capable of taking care of himself, yes, but who knows, right?

 

Dongwoo looks damn right shining, maybe it's because of the saltwater and the sun, but something else is just right about the scenery and Dongwoo, like he fits there all along. He doesn't really hold anything against life, he looks free, happy, and that kind of makes Sungyeol smile, barely, a bit shy, because he didn't wanted Dongwoo to think he was actually enjoying being there, but then the elder looks at him, sees him staring at Dongwoo and smiles, and Sungyeol can't help but smile too.

 

20. Fitting. ( myungyeol )

 

As cliché as it sounds, Myungsoo is the school's loner. It's not his choice, and none of classmates either. He's just too quiet, almost mute. Talking makes him nervous, someone looking at him equals to sweaty trembling hands, a small hi already sets him off. He doesn't hate anyone, he just doesn't do well with talking. It's... Awful. He likes his mangas better, he likes the silence of his room better.

 

It's a sunny Wednesday where Sungyeol decides he'd make friends with the weirdo. Sungyeol is just someone. He's regular. Passing grades, the usual hobbies of a teenager, so far he likes girls, he's a picky eater, he's allergic to a bunch of animals and smells. He's pretty tall, nice to look at, his hair is bleached dark caramel, and due to the bleach it's a bit dry, getting wavy here and there. He wears reading glasses, keeps his uniform clean and smelling like lavender. Myungsoo looks sad and lonely, and he likes mangas, maybe he could like comic books too, and Sungyeol would finally have someone to talk to.

 

Their first time is awkward, but not unpleasant so; Myungsoo stutters, he has to ask the young boy to repeat at least thrice because his voice is so tiny, it's endearing, but tiring.

The second time Myungsoo smiles, a bit crooked, as if he's not used to it, but it looks pretty on him. But anything would be pretty at Myungsoo. He's beautiful, perfect face, perfect skin, the prettiest eyes paired with that bedhair, the shy gaze, crooked uniform, he looks like he doesn't have a single idea of living, he looks like he needs help, or protection. He looks like a kitten, and Sungyeol feels the need to keep him close.

 

After two months of trying to communicate with that strange specimen, Sungyeol believes they have a strange sort of friendship. Where he can steal Myungsoo's food, and the younger can steal his homework. It works flawlessly, because amidst Sungyeol's pickiness, moodiness, rudeness and talent to say the wrong words at the wrong times, Myungsoo is understanding and ever forgiving. They fit. Their hands fit, Myungsoo's body fits along his when they're cuddling at the couch because no one wants to sit and there is not much space for both of them. And their kisses; their kisses fit too. Because Sungyeol's half sour and Myungsoo's extra sweet.

 

21 - Each time Hoya says "goodbye" it's actually "see you soon". [ wooya ] (found on my drive, heheh)

 

There's no reason for them to believe that opposites atract. No, they do. They did attract each other. But they'd repell just as much.

It was love, passion. It was all too quick, but it cut deep, the scar's still on Woohyun's chest till today, and forever on. He's still living on their house, he looks at the shoes Hoya forgot to take with him, his old MP3, t hebooks, and his distinctive smell that is almost gone after such a long time without Hoya there. Beside the bed there's still one picture of Hoya with his family, it was a rare one, Woohyun couldn't throw it away.

 

He also couldn't touch it.

 

Or look at it.

 

And Woohyun is so sure. He's absolute certain that Hoya is over him. He's going on with his life. Because that's how he is. And that's why Woohyun loved him so much. Loves him so much.

 

Hoya is a tower so tall that never crumbles, never shakes. He stands firm on both feet when the rest of the world is going down. Or that's how he looks like. Woohyun's seen that tower shake a little. It never falls, though.

 

All the days they spent away from each other, he wonders if Hoya's eating well, if he's taken his bath already, if he's finished another book. What's the music he's listening now? In Woohyun's tiny world it has been light years since he's seen the other, yet he didn't even clean half of the mess Hoya left. He didn't even start to.

He's stuck on his room in the middle of all the things Hoya didn't think it was important enough to take with him. He's stuck on the necklace Hoya won from a friend centuries ago, and the plushie he himself got on a long gone amusement park.

 

Woohyun doesn't enter the kitchen anymore. The most amazing kisses, the tightest hugs were in the kitchen. Because Hoya work early in the morning, Woohyun left at least two hours later for work, but they'd have breakfast together. Always. Every day.

 

In the kitchen were also the most intense fights. It was there that Hoya decided he was tired of them.

 

Because Woohyun's unstable like the air itself. He's a rebel, he does what he wants to, when he wants to. He goes wherever he pleases. Not that Hoya hates that, no. That's Woohyun's essence and it always kept him fascinated.

 

This is also why Hoya always comes back, be it after a year or five months, or the day after. He's always back. It's his drug and addiction. And Woohyun's always there for him, he'd welcome Hoya with open arms.

 

Each time Hoya says "goodbye" it's actually "see you soon".

 

 

22. "But maybe that's because Hoya's taken too much of Woohyun's world that the elder can't define what he hasn't taken from Hoya's." [ wooya ]

 

It's because Woohyun is an annoying little that Hoya thinks about punching the elder's face as soon as they met. It hasn't even been five minutes and he already hates Woohyun.

 

It's because of Woohyun's insistence they get to be "colleagues".

 

They have lunch together (because there's no one else and Hoya doesn't want to eat alone). They go home together (unpleasantly enough, they live on the same condo).

 

Nine months later and Woohyun calls him friend for the first time. Hoya doesn't give too much though, he's drunk a little, and Woohyun's still on his feet because Hoya let him hold himself on the younger's shoulder.

 

They start to go out together with more frequence, it's not just friday nights "because they don't have anything else to do". Woohyun actually took a picture of him and with him once or twice. Hoya already welcomed him with a hug instead of just a smile.

 

After a year and seven months (Woohyun was counting), Hoya is already friends with Woohyun's friends, the elder is also getting intimate with Hoya's own trusty circle of friends.

 

Actually, Woohyun already owns his trust, but he's spoiled rotten and infuriating. Hoya doesn't want to inflate his ego more than it already is.

 

It takes two years and some weeks for Woohyun to steal a kiss from Hoya. They're both too drunk to care, really. But Woohyun remembers the act when he wakes up the next day, and he can't help but smile the whole day.

 

Maybe because he's been in love with the other, because in between the lines he's never really understood how Hoya works. Sometimes it's linear, others he doesn't know where Hoya ends or starts.

 

But maybe that's because Hoya's taken too much of Woohyun's world that the elder can't define what he hasn't taken from Hoya's.

 

Maybe what's left from Woohyun is just his smile, his smell and his eyes.

 

But even so, those look better on Hoya.

 

23. Angst. Unrequited love. ( donggyu )

 

He's shocked when Sunggyu says he's in love. He's glad the elder is covering his eyes, his whole face actually, with a towel, else he'd seen the turmoil going through Dongwoo's mind and eyes.

 

A shiver goes down his spine, and he swallows down the bile. It hurts. God, it hurts. He's never had a chance, yes, he's aware but that doesn't mean it'd hurt less. His throat is clogged up, and it's just after he sees Sunggyu moving to take the pillow from his face and look at Dongwoo that he snaps out of it, blinking fast, and breathing deeply before letting a "that's great!"

 

He's used to fake smiles and forced laughs, it's how he's made this far, and Sunggyu's not the most attentative friend, he never sees it.

It's winter, Sunggyu's room has a heater, and it's , but it still feels icy cold to Dongwoo.

 

There isn't much he can think of, he doesn't say much after the confession. He's mostly laughing and being the good, supportive friend he is while Sunggyu smiles shyly while he talks about her to the younger.

 

Leaving Sunggyu's home never, ever felt so good. It never did, he'd always want more and more of Sunggyu, bask on the attention the elder doesn't give to him often. Today it's refreshing to be away from Sunggyu, because he can cry and scream and look like all the pain he feels.

 

He pours his heart out that day. The next day he insist he's okay to himself, because nobody can see a broken heart.