Chapter 4

Quiet Lion

Hakyeon pushed open the door, walking into the cold little building. Sanghyuk was already there, and to Hakyeon's dismay, eating out of the sprinkle container again. "Hey, stop that!" Hakyeon barked, and Sanghyuk reacted jerkily in his shock, his now regularly messy hair flopping up slightly.

 

"S-sorry," he stuttered out. Hakyeon rolled his eyes, walking behind the counter, but couldn't help smiling. He had started to like being here. With quirky and humorous Sanghyuk, and the one he constantly thought about coming in hand in hand with a tiny little angel. It was more pleasant than he could have imagined it would be a couple months ago.

 

This particular day seemed to fly by, though it was with about the normal amount of people wandering in. It reached 4 o'clock, and the place was empty. Hakyeon was leaning across the counter like he usually did, but unlike usual, by 4:30, there was no sign of Leo or the little girl.

 

But he kept his hopes up. Perhaps they would be coming in later?

 

No. They never showed up, and Hakyeon felt disappointment resting in his heart. He mentally scolded himself. After all, it was just one day. They might have gotten busy; people do.

 

But the next day, they didn't come in either. Hakyeon tried to stay positive; if he sulked about it, it definitely wouldn't help. Wonshik was also helping him feel a little better.

 

However, after two and a half weeks without seeing them at all, he was starting to feel pessimistic.

 

It was a Tuesday morning, a while later after he had made himself come to terms with the fact that the chances of Leo and the little girl coming back daily again were very slim at this point. Hakyeon was looking out at the place, eyelids drooping in gloominess and disinterest, when Sanghyuk walked in late. With his hair looking the worst he had seen it so far, he waddled slowly and clumsily to their little area.

 

He leaned on the counter next to Hakyeon. "Hey," he mumbled. It was silent for a while, and Hakyeon noticed how beat up Sanghyuk seemed. "Good sleep?" he commented sarcastically, trying to brighten the mood a bit.

 

"Nope. I mean, 7 hours is usually impressive for me, but it's been even worse lately," he grumbled back, standing up and walking over to the spot where he usually parked in.

 

Hakyeon looked over at him, now really noticing the absolute chaos on top of his head. "So what have you been doing, then?" he asked, obviously gawking at the extent to which Sanghyuk's hair could be unruly. "Well..." Sanghyuk mumbled, looking away.

 

Hakyeon waited for his answer, and after a few empty seconds and a stressed sigh from the younger, he got it. "I've been out drinking," Sanghyuk admitted, shame dusting his cheeks red.

 

Hakyeon bit his lip. "I don't recommend that. Take it from someone who used to do it constantly; it makes you feel really...messed up."

 

"It's not always that," Sanghyuk bit back defensively. Hakyeon raised his eyebrows. "Oh? Then what else is it?"

 

Sanghyuk smirked. "Sometimes it's my boyfriend. He keeps me up late." He winked suggestively, and Hakyeon shot him a look of disgust, turning back into his usual position leaning forward on the counter.

 

"What's his name?" he asked Sanghyuk.

 

"Hongbin," was his reply, and Hakyeon nodded. He heard a familiar sound, and wheeled around to face him again. "Get your hand out of the sprinkle container, you dried up piece of pork. How many times do I have to tell you?" he hissed.

 

And for the first time in a long while, Sanghyuk smiled widely, brightly, and laughed, obeying Hakyeon. "Sorry," he said in between the giggles.

 

Hakyeon felt a smile creep onto his lips. He liked it when Sanghyuk was happy.

 

It was later in the afternoon that day, and Hakyeon was turned around, chatting with Sanghyuk, when the door opened.

 

Sanghyuk's face fell, and Hakyeon looked at him curiously. He pointed, gesturing for Hakyeon to turn around, and so he did.

 

And there, for the first time in over a month, was Leo.

---

Tbh...I really like this chapter. Maybe it's Hyukkie's comments idk lol. Well I hope that you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. c:  See you soon!