Chapter 2

Quiet Lion

When Hakyeon walked through the door to his apartment, his mind was still full of thoughts of Leo and the little girl.

 

He wished he could stop thinking about them; he just felt really creepy. Having a stranger hanging in your mind all day definitely wasn't a normal thing.

 

Though, he didn't know why he was so worried. No one could see his thoughts.

 

Wonshik was sitting on the couch when he came into the living room. "Oh, hey," he greeted as Hakyeon walked over to plop next to him.

 

He let out his third deep sigh of the day, leaning back so far that his head almost disappeared into the cushion.

 

"Is something wrong?" Wonshik asked, his smile being replaced with a concerned look.

 

Hakyeon sat up a bit. "Well...I don't know. Kinda."

 

He felt air on his face that was flowing in through an open window. It felt nice. He sat up more.

 

"Can you tell me?" Wonshik asked. Hakyeon finally made eye contact with him, not sure if it'd be smart. His friend might think he was weird, or just make fun of him.

 

Then again, that wasn't like Wonshik. He was just being paranoid.

 

"Well..." It was so hard to actually say it. Wonshik was looking expectantly at him, and he felt he was failing him as he tried to explain the situation.

 

"It's just...okay don't make fun of me for this...this guy and a little girl came in today, and the guy was basically really cute, and he wasn't saying anything - which was weird - but I wanted to know his name, so I made a nickname up for him, and now I can't stop thinking about him," he explained all in one breath.

 

Wonshik was staring thoughtfully out the window at the explanation. "Well, that definitely doesn't happen every day," he mused. He turned his head leisurely, eyes drooping somewhat in a slight sleepiness. "But if he was cute then it makes sense."

 

He added on a subtle, but playful wink at the end that made Hakyeon smile. 

 

A comfortable silence followed. Hakyeon gazed dreamily out at the cloudy sky behind the window of their apartment, the breeze continuing to caress his face. He sighed in contentment. Not having much happen at the little shop where he worked made him either sad or antsy.

 

But the uneventful moments he spent with his best friend felt calming and pleasant.

 

He felt his eyelids beginning to give in, and with a soft smile gracing his face, he succumbed to rest, briefly wondering if the shy, but striking Leo would appear in his dreams.

 

---

 

So short, oh my. Oh well. Anyways, hope you enjoyed ~ Hopefully I can make this fic more interesting bleh. See you soon!