Chapter 21

(Extra)ordinary

 

 

Chanyeol barely saw you around campus anymore. He did see Leo a lot. Though, the boy’s piercing glares always scared him and it pained him to never see you. It was like you just, disappeared into thin air. You two had classes still, but even then, he didn’t have the guts to turn around to even look at you.

 

You avoided him a lot too. During classes, you tried to make yourself as invisible as possible and always bolted in and out before he’d turn around to see you. If he was walking down the hallway with his friends, you’d hide behind a locker until Leo gave you the signal that it was okay to come out.

You two had been talking a lot recently, or rather, you’d been crying to him a lot while he silently comforted you and kept you company. The library was a place of bitter memories and you always found yourself sitting atop the highest peak of the roof, looking down at the people below and thinking to yourself about everything that’s been happening.

 

Meeting Leo’s friends was a positive note, since they didn’t believe a word you had said in the classroom during that awful fight with Chen. They were really goofy and spontaneous, telling lots of jokes and pulling a lot of body gags.

 

You couldn’t bring yourself to smile often though. Ken often called you and Leo the stone faced couple and Leo would try to beat him up every time he said it.

 

“Want to do me a favor?” Leo asked out of the blue one day.

 

All of you were relaxing on the roof when Leo had spoken. “No, I can’t tell N sunbaenim to shut up.” You chuckled, watching as the boy waved a flyer around towards the others.

 

He wanted to convince everyone to join the talent show with him because he wanted to show off his ‘wicked’ dance moves before he graduated next year. It didn’t really make sense since they just started the first semester a couple months ago and he had a lot of time before graduation, but you still kept your mouth shut so he wouldn’t become all moody.

 

“That’s a shame… But not what I wanted.” Leo plucked the flyer from N’s hand and held it out in front of you. “We should join.”

 

“Us?” You stared at the bolded print confusedly as Leo nodded his head. “But I don’t-”

 

“You can sing, I’ve heard you.”

 

This guy. It was as if he already knew how to make you say yes before you had even known about the event. No wonder you two were friends from so long ago. “Do we really have to do this?”

 

“Yes.” Was all he said before turning towards N. “Will you guys dance while we sing?”

 

“Can I sing too?” Ken asked curiously.

    

“No.”

 

“Well then I don’t wanna do it. I’ll just be the best fan and cheer you guys on from the crowd.” He made little peace signs with his fingers and Hongbin shook his head, yanking the boy towards their group.

 

“If I’m getting dragged into this, then you are too.” He said under his breath, making Ken groan and try to protest.

 

N and Ravi were already starting to go over plans for the dance and Hyuk sat idly on the side while they talked, looking over at you with a grin on his face.

 

“What song are we doing?” You looked towards Leo and he waited for someone else to explain. He had done his part already and had spoken to N beforehand about his plan.

 

“It’s going to be a mix of Blossom Tears and 12:30.” Ravi filled you in, already whipping out his computer to organize the music together. “If I speed up the Gayoon cover on this… And I pitch everything together… Viola!”

 

You were impressed by how fast he had worked and felt your heart soar once hearing the mix. It was simple, yet the impact of the lyrics and how the songs blended so well with one another made you excited for the talent show, even if you didn’t want to participate at first.

 

“You’re really good at this.” You complimented Ravi on his tech skills, the latter giving you a happy grin.

 

“I still have to blend it a little more and stuff, but I’m pretty good if I do say so myself.” He boasted.

 

“You guys do realize we have like, two weeks right?” Hongbin grumbled, still trying to find a way out of this.

 

“It’ll be a great challenge! Besides…” N slunk over to Leo and wrapped his arms around the latter’s shoulders. “I need to help a best friend out, right?”

 

Leo swatted him away and scooted closer to you, though doing no more than sitting right beside you. He never really did a lot of skinship and you were kind of glad. Not that you didn’t like him or anything. It just felt weird for him to initiate something when you were the one to do it all the time when you two were kids. The thought of you giving kisses and hugs to him everyday was a little embarrassing and your face heated up every time you thought about it.

 

You missed the others, a lot. Especially that one dorky kid that clung to you like a koala. That same one that was as tall as a giraffe and had ears as big as an elephant?

 

You missed him a lot too.

 

--

 

    Two weeks later…

 

“Welcome to Mansoo High School’s annual student talent show!” The principal announced, his words booming through the entire theatre room as the kids showed a semi-enthusiastic response.

 

You shifted uncomfortably in your seat as he blabbered on about the rules and how grateful he was to be in charge of such a school. Hongbin had given you a makeover for today’s event and even provided you with a sleek black dress with a matching pair of heels for your outfit. With your hair straightened and makeup enhancing your features, you felt a bit awkward from how different you were. You were worried people would recognize you and in a state like this, it would surely cause problems somehow.

 

“I hope you all are enjoying the free day of class because the teachers are seriously not getting paid enough to babysit you all.” He joked, earning a few laughs here and there from the people that were actually paying attention. “For the first act, we have the, uhm… The Bulletproof Boy Scouts? And their performance with Beautiful.”

 

Claps awaiting the first performance commenced and you were surprised to see Jungkook skipping on stage with a grin on his face. He waved to you with an even bigger smile until Hoseok had tapped his shoulder, signaling that they were going to begin. His cute, bubbly self disappeared in an instant and he stood still, until the music started.

 

He was cute, you thought. The way that the four of them tried to get the girl on stage was adorable, especially when it was clear that they were all fighting for her attention like little kids. She seemed a bit tall for some of them, but she had nice legs and a slim figure. Jungkook rapped first and eventually was pushed out of the way to let Jimin serenade the girl with his smooth voice.

Seeing Jungkook shove Jimin aside to sing to the girl once more made you laugh and it amazed you even more when Hoseok hopped in between the two. The way he rapped was amazing. The words went by so fast and yet he still was able to keep to the beat and impress the girl on stage, all at the same time while looking at the audience that were excited to see who the girl would end up with in the end.

 

You were startled once hearing Taehyung sing. His overly excited expressions didn’t match his deep voice, and you were almost taken by how he had his arm wrapped around the girl’s waist, making you squeal along with the rest of the girls in the crowd. Jungkook stepped in though, and all four of them tried getting the girl’s attention again.

 

Taehyung had apparently had enough once the performance was almost over and swooped in to give her a hug, causing the audience to break out into cheers and hollers when they saw who the girl was.

 

Her wig fell off.

 

Revealing Jin, as he threw kisses to the audience.

 

Jin gave Jungkook, Jimin, Hoseok and Taehyung a loveshot each before he pranced off stage. All four boys fell to the floor, pretending to cry and weep about how the pretty girl was actually their hyung when their performance came to an end.

 

“That was, interesting…” The principal chuckled, looking down at the next card. “You kids these days are very, interesting…”

 

“Are you enjoying the show?” Leo asked, leaning over to whisper in your ear.

 

You nodded your head because honestly, you were only one performance in and you had been so entertained, that you wished it didn’t have to end. Next up was a group of girls posing as ‘Girl’s Day’ and they were performing a mix of all of their hit songs. The crowd went wild at the multiple movements and leg spreading. It was mostly boys, but you could see the girls enjoying it too, though not as much.

 

A few more groups and solo performers went up before the principal announced that a duo of dancers was up next, and you waited patiently to see two familiar figures bouncing around to the beat of a hip-hop song.

 

You were awestruck when the lights came back on and you saw Kai and Sehun dancing together. Their moves were sharp and it looked like they were clones of one another by how in sync they were. You had particularly watched Sehun dance because you’d never seen him dance before and the sight was fascinating. You weren’t able to look away until they hopped off the stage and gone down to interact with the crowd.

 

Dread filled your system as Kai danced closer to where you were seated. Since you were technically a performer, you had to sit up front so that it would be easier for you all to get to the stage on time. His hand reached out in your direction and he almost went up to you, but then he suddenly turned and grabbed another girl’s hand. She was from the Girl’s Day group and she squealed happily when he danced a bit for her before heading back to do the finishing move for the performance.

The crowd cheered them on and everyone was either clapping or screaming for the two to do an encore.

 

“That was an exceptional performance you two! And while the judges tally up the scores, I actually have gotten my nephew and a few of his friends to do another performance for us!”

 

“Oh, the perks of having your uncle as the school’s principal.” N grinned while motioning for everyone to follow him to the stage.

 

You felt your heart beating fast and it was easy to say that you were nervous. Today the spotlight would be somewhat on you and the entire school would be watching you perform.

 

“Let’s do this .” Ravi said, pumping up the group as the lights dimmed.

 

You and Leo got into your places with the rest of the boys standing in front of you two, readying themselves for the music to play so they could dance. You shifted a bit on stage and Leo saw your anxiety, moving a bit in front of you so that people would be able to see you, but only a bit of your back image. He reached back and grabbed your hand, interlocking fingers once the song started.

Leo’s voice was soft, yet strong and you almost missed your own part because you were so distracted. The chorus was coming up and you already knew what the words were and how high to sing. You’ve practiced this a million times and it felt reassuring to have Leo right next to you as you sang.

 

I loved you, I cared for you, that’s it

I loved you but now I hate you,

 

that’s the one reason

 

You felt Leo’s hold tighten and you sang back with all your heart, as if the two of you were the two distressed lovers in the song you were singing about.

 

You think I don’t know you?

You’re lying right now

You still love me, you’re still the same


 

“I don’t love you...”

 

You felt your body spin around as Leo pulled you close. He leaned forward and hovered over you, looking deeply into your eyes as the crowd ‘oohed’ at such a close performance.

 

The crowd didn’t have enough time to oogle at your closeness when the song mixed and the sound of ticking filled the auditorium. Since you were facing the front, you were able to see N, Hongbin, Hyuk, Ravi and Ken dance and it was breathtaking. Never have you seen someone move like the wind. You weren’t a dance expert, but their movements were truly stunning.

Seeing them perform with such vigor gave you the extra boost you needed in order to finish the rest of the performance. And you looked up at Leo to see him ready too.  

 

Your bright smile, bright smile

your warm embrace, your face

It feels like I can’t see it or touch it now,

it scares me

 

Right now,

we’re like the clock hands at 12:30

Our backs turned against each other, looking at different places,

about to throw everything away

 

Right now, we’re like the clock hands at 12:30

We’re walking to a place

that we can never return from

 

Time used to follow us but now it has stopped

 

Instead of an “us” it’s just “you” and “me”

 

Rather than saying every little thing passed by

 

It feels like I’ve lost it instead,

your hands used to be so warm

 

I already know you were being shaken

so I held onto you tighter

 

I held you, I trapped you,

because my love became more venomous

 

Yeah I know it’s all my fault but

I couldn’t let go

of the feelings, the hope

 

When our break up starts to kneel before me

 

Then I believe time will follow us once again,

I believe that time will come

 

I’m letting you go right now,

I’m letting you go and everything has stopped

 

But I believe the broken clock

will move once again

 

Right now,

we’re like the clock hands at 12:30

 

Our backs turned against each other, looking at different places,

about to throw everything away

 

Right now, we’re like the clock hands at 12:30

 

We’re walking to a place

that we can never return from

 

You were almost out of breath and you felt something pull you from your waist, looking up to see Leo looking at you again. His eyes were always so serious and right now, your faces were just barely inches away from one another. Somewhere in back of the background music, could you hear your fellow classmates chanting for you to kiss. It went on from when Leo had pulled you into his embrace, but right now, you were anxious to see what he’d do.

 

I’ll stay here now

 

Because I have so much to do for you

 

Because there’s so much I owe you

 

Because I’m so thankful


 

Let’s not grow apart...

 

And with that, he wrapped both arms around your waist. Your face buried into his chest and you felt him press a small kiss to the crown of your head, to the dismay of the crowd. Never had Leo been so upfront with you before. Your cheeks flushed an even deeper shade of red when his friends had turned around to cheer you guys on, completely ignoring the fact that the entire school was watching, so that they could take pictures of you two and remember this for many more years to come.


 

--


 

“So that’s your answer?” N asked with a glint of suspicion in his eyes.

 

The two of them were hanging out on the roof while you and the others went to the cafeteria to get lunch for the day. Since the talent show took up the entire morning block of the school day, the rest of the day would be used as a tutorial day for studying and such. Not a lot of kids would study anyways, so they’d just meet up with friends and hang out until school finished, like them.

 

“Yeah.” Leo hummed, looking upwards to the sky to see no clouds. It made him happy and free to finally have figured it out.

 

He hadn’t been in love with you all these years. The strong emotion he had, was just longing for his friend back, and maybe a bit of jealousy because of Chanyeol. Now that he’s figured it out, he’d be able to interact with you like before. Those wrong things turned right again and that’s all that he wanted.

 

“And did you tell her? About, you know.”

 

Leo shook his head. He didn’t mention ‘that’ to you, since he was conflicted about his feelings. Knowing you, you’d probably just shake it off and not pay him any mind until he was sure about his answer before you’d fully react. That’s just the kind of person you were.


And he wouldn’t want it any other way.

 


A/N: Quick question and poll for my lovely readers!~

 

Need some insight because I've recently written a plot for this bomb story, but I also read this manga that had a similiar main idea? I'm stuck, really. 

I want to write more for this because the idea was nice, but if I had, would it make me a bad person for that? 

None of the storyline is the same, but since it's a power au kind of story, the powers are kind of similar... 

 

I posted up a little chapter, so I was hoping we could do an equal trade of information?

Thanks, if you decide to help me out lol