Chapter 11

Demon In The Woods

 “So,” Seunghyun smiled at Jiyong, who was already annoyed by his constant pestering, and asked him his twelfth question of the day, “Was I worth your first kiss?”

Jiyong sighed heavily and rolled his eyes, “How many times are you going to ask me that?”

Seunghyun grinned and threw an arm around Jiyong, “So wait, does that mean you’re a ?”

Jiyong covered his ears, “Stop talking! Ugh!”

“Okay, okay,” Seunghyun threw up his hands in defeat, “I’m done,” he took Jiyong by the arm and pulled him closer to him, “I’m kidding I promise.”

“I liked you more when you hated me,” he looked down at Seunghyun’s chest and hid his face. Things were a bit different, and Jiyong had never really liked somebody, and they like him back. If Seunghyun actually liked him was a different question, or whether he was just playing a game that fancied him at the moment.

“No, you didn’t,” Seunghyun laughed heartily and wrapped his arms around Jiyong in a tight embrace, “I was…insufferable.”

Jiyong looked up at Seunghyun and gave him a funny look. This weird to him, it felt weird, but it was even weirder because he liked it, “Why do you like me now?”

Seunghyun stumbled on his words, he didn’t expect Jiyong to ask him that. He kind of hoped Jiyong would never really think about it and just roll with it, “I grew to respect you, and now…” Seunghyun took a deep breath, “You have a really nice face okay?”

“Wha?” Jiyong covered his mouth with his hand as he tried to stifle a laugh, “Is my face that good looking to you?” he pursed his lips, “Do you like my kissy face?” Jiyong was enjoying making Seunghyun squirm, it quite delighted him.

“Well,” Seunghyun didn’t mind digging himself in a deeper hole, it was true, Jiyong fascinated him, “It’s not just that,” Seunghyun gave Jiyong a meaningful look and thought about his next words very carefully, “You have this glow, it’s something I’ve never seen before, and no one else has it. Not any other demon I’ve seen, not any other person either. You’re something else Jiyong, and I can tell by just looking at you. You have this thing about you that makes you a lot more special than anything else out here, and I just, I can’t not like that. I can’t not want to be a part of that.”

Jiyong’s breath was taken away, and he couldn’t believe what Seunghyun had just said, “Is that how you really feel?”

“Well yeah.”

“Oh my,” Jiyong cleared his throat and stepped back from Seunghyun, changing the subject quickly before things got a little too heated, “Since Abaddon isn’t alive anymore, we have to find a different lead,” Jiyong pretended like he didn’t just hear Seunghyun poor his heart out about him, “I believe there are other people who know about the plans that the demons are setting, but I don’t have many leads.”

Seunghyun nodded his head and swallowed the lump in his throat down, “Yeah, all right, what do we do?”

Jiyong saw the hurt look on Seunghyun’s face, he had never done that before, accidentally hurt someone, never someone he cared about, “I know a demon who can get information out of anyone, but she can be very dangerous.”

“What’s her name?”

“Lilith,” Jiyong faced the sun and watched it shine through the trees, “If we want her, we’ll find her. She dwells in the human world, she likes to control mortal men and liberate women from their uality. Since you’re still human she’ll be able to control you better than me, but I don’t think that’ll be a problem.”

Seunghyun covered his eyes and looked in the direction of the sun, “So we head that way?”

“Yeah.”

“Then let’s go,” Seunghyun started walking towards the sun and didn’t wait for Jiyong to catch up.

Jiyong wanted to apologize, but he didn’t know what to say. This was foreign to him, and he knew he had been a little more than rude, but he couldn’t figure the right things to say or do.

Their steps were quiet as they headed in the direction the sun was beaming down. For a while, Jiyong didn’t think that they would ever find Lilith, but her place stood tall against the trees. She lived in style, in an old Victorian house that seemed to creak with the wind, but Jiyong knew better, inside would be very lavish.

“This is it,” Jiyong spoke to no one in particular and walked up the steps of the house. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door, unsure about what would be waiting for him.

The door slowly opened to reveal two girls giggling behind it, “Hello, my name is Lili,” she giggled and turned to her sister, “This one’s cute.”

The other eyed Jiyong then looked over her shoulder, “He smells funny though, the other one on the other hand, mother will enjoy,” they both nodded at each other and opened the door wider, “You may proceed.”

Seunghyun blushed when he saw what the girls were wearing and tried to keep his eyes to himself, they were very scantily clad, “What’s going on?”

“They’ve accepted us, or more so they’ve accepted you,” Jiyong clenched his jaw in irritation as a gaggle of girls watched them from the sidelines. They were ogling Seunghyun like he was a piece of meat, and Jiyong didn’t like it at all.

The girls lead them down a hall where Lilith resided. When she noticed the boys a large smile spread across her lips, “Hello boys,” Lilith stood up as her silk robe flowed around her and her pink negligée sashayed around her thighs, barely covering her legs, “What brings you to my humble abode.”

Jiyong stood in front of Seunghyun, he wanted to get this over with soon, “We need some information, and I know you of all people can get it.”

Lilith ignored Jiyong and walked passed him, she was more interested Seunghyun who liked a deer caught in headlights. She brushed a hand across Seunghyun’s chest and looked him in the eye like she was seeing into his soul, “Oh honey, you are delicious,” she encircled him and gave him a once over, “You have many secret desires. I want to bring them out.”

“Jiyong?” Seunghyun flinched as the woman touched him, he didn’t want her to bring out something in him that he would rather keep secret.

“Lilith, leave him alone,” he didn’t want to hurt her, he had never put his hands on a female demon before and he wasn’t going to start. Lilith was relatively harmless, she just played way too many games.

Lilith whipped her head toward Jiyong, “You want answers and I want to play,” she hissed aggressively as she got a hold of Seunghyun. Her gaze became softer when she looked at Seunghyun and his cheek affectionately, “I want your secret desires to come out.”

“I don’t have any,” Seunghyun shuddered at her touch, and he took a deep breath, “Lilith, we just want some answers and we’ll go.”

She smiled, “You’re cute, and scared, very scared,” she tilted her head to the side and brought her hands up to Seunghyun’s cheeks, “If you don’t face your desires I shall tell you nothing,” she stood on her tippy toes and planted a kiss on Seunghyun’s lips, then moved away from him, “Be free,” she giggled and left the room with her girls trailing behind her.

“This shall be fun,” one of her daughters stated when they stood atop of the balcony and watched Jiyong and Seunghyun.

Lilith glanced at her daughter, “Those two intrigue me, I can’t wait to see what I’ve brought out of the tall one.”

Jiyong shook his head in disbelief, “Well that was odd,” he turned toward Seunghyun and was about to say another thing, till he noticed the look in Seunghyun’s eyes, “Seunghyun?” Jiyong took a step back in shock, “Why are you looking at me like that?”

Seunghyun’s breathing was sped up, and he couldn’t help the way he was looking at Jiyong. He had no idea what Lilith had done to him, but it was making him very primal, he almost couldn’t control his urges. He took a step toward Jiyong, and Jiyong took a step back and it kept going on like that till Jiyong’s back was pressed up against one of the grand pillars that stood in Lilith’s home, leaving Seunghyun mere centimeters from him.

Seunghyun rested his palms above Jiyong’s head and let out a labored breath. It took every fiber in his being to keep from practically attacking Jiyong, he didn’t want it like this, he would never have.

Jiyong pressed his palms against Seunghyun’s chest and gave him a trembling look. He saw the sheer strain in Seunghyun’s arms and the sweat that gathered at his brow. Jiyong had seen no one be able to control themselves when Lilith was involved, he was proud of Seunghyun, because Seunghyun was actually stronger than he thought, “Talk to me, tell me what you’re thinking.”

A frown fell on Seunghyun’s face, “Why? So you can snub me like last time?”

“I’m sorry,” Jiyong would say that it wasn’t Seunghyun talking, but these were his inner desires, and if he Seunghyun wanted to argue, that was what he truly wanted.

“Are you?”

“Yes,” Jiyong slid his hands up Seunghyun’s chest and rested them on his shoulders.

Seunghyun clenched his eyes and shuddered, “Don’t do that,” he took a few deep breaths and sighed heavily, “I can barely control myself.”

Jiyong’s eyes widened and a small gasp escaped his lips. He felt his chest constrict at the sheer closeness of Seunghyun, and he couldn’t but to feel the heat rising from his chest to his cheeks, “Is this, your deepest desire?”

Seunghyun clenched his jaw and closed his eyes. He waited a few seconds before looking Jiyong in the eye, giving a smoldering look that heated Jiyong from the inside, “You don’t know how badly I want you,” he swallowed thickly and pressed his body closer to Jiyong, “Except I can’t let this be meaningless.”

“Oh Seunghyun,” Jiyong couldn’t believe it, Lilith always got her way. She brought out a man’s deepest desires, and a man’s deepest desire always led to . It was something that amused her, she liked to see men scramble about, sweaty, pupils dilated, and bodies under her control. She always got her way. Seunghyun was either a lot stronger willed than he thought, or wasn’t his deepest desire. Jiyong smirked, it always was.

Jiyong brought his hands up and Seunghyun’s cheek with his thumbs, then brought his face down to rest his forehead upon his.

Lilith ran a shaky hand through her hair and turned to her daughters, “I don’t understand. Why aren’t they doing anything?”

One of Lilith’s daughters touched her shoulder and looked down at Jiyong and Seunghyun, “I don’t know mother, this isn’t a very fun show.” She pouted and the other girls followed suit, all not liking that nothing was happening.

“He’s defying me,” Lilith balled her fists and stomped her feet, “It’s not fair!” she cried out and stormed down the stairs toward the two, “Seunghyun!” she yelled across the room, causing him to jump away from Jiyong and give her a frightened look.

Seunghyun rested a hand on his heart in surprise, and he took a relieved breath now that he was able to look at Jiyong without feeling like he had no control, “What?” it was the only thing he could say, this woman unnerved him.

“Why are you resisting my spells?” she pouted and walked over to Seunghyun with a type of swagger that only an old demon could possess, “No one does, you’re supposed to be all over him. You’re supposed to shower him with kisses and primal need,” she practically squealed the last part as she gripped Seunghyun and shook him. In a frenzy, she threw off her silk robe and stood in front of Seunghyun with as much grace as she could muster, “Take me.”

“What?”

“Take me!”

Seunghyun furrowed his eyebrows, “I don’t want to.”

Lilith’s eyes almost popped out of her head and she cried out in anger, “You can’t just do that!”

Jiyong smirked and folded his arms over his chest, “Come on Lilith we’re tired of your games.”

Lilith stared him down stubbornly and indignantly answered him, “I don’t feel like helping you,” she was upset that her plans did not unfold like she wanted them to, and wanted them both to leave.

“Oh come on Lilith, we won fair and square. Don’t be so childish.”

“I can’t stand you Jiyong! The others warned me about you”

“What do you mean those nasty succubi that hang around dirty bars? Please, they know nothing about me because I would never let them touch me. Come on Lilith, we both know you’re the only one that can help us.”

Lilith looked at her daughters then back at Jiyong, “Fine,” she gave Seunghyun another once over, “But you have to tell me how he did it.”

Seunghyun cleared his throat, “I simply didn’t want to,” Seunghyun stared down at his shoes, “It’s not something I want to be forced into doing.”

“I don’t force people,” Lilith flipped her long hair over her shoulder and huffed in annoyance, “I don’t know anything that you boys don’t know,” she picked up her robe from the floor and put it on, “But I know where to take you, I’ll get my shoes.”

Jiyong spoke up to protest but decided against it, Lilith hated being told what to do, “Fine, we’ll wait.”

Seunghyun turned toward Jiyong and shrugged his shoulders, “She is a strange woman.”

“She usually gets her way, she has the power of persuasion.”

“She doesn’t seem all that powerful.”

Jiyong walked over to Seunghyun and took his hands in his, then gave him a lopsided grin that could mean so many things, but only meant one, “She is very powerful Seunghyun, extremely. Lilith is a powerful demon, she is a goddess of wind, the storm, she owns the power of persuasion, and she is very, very, old. Older than I am.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Well Seunghyun,” Jiyong kissed Seunghyun on the cheek and spoke quietly, “It means you resisted the persuasions of a demon that could kill thousands in one wave of her hand, and persuade a million men to fight in her own army if she wanted. You Seunghyun, are a lot more special than you think.”