❊ ~ Teaser #2

❊❇ ↝ EQSOL | YG's First Mega-Unit | The Journey Begins ↜ ❇❊

HOME     NEWS     GALLERY     EXCLUSIVES     FORUM     SHOP

 

It's a Girl! YG reveals his new female collaboration project, EQSOL, with Japanese management label!

WinterEssence00 | May 20, 2013

Yes you heard right ladies and gentlemen! Following the likes of the notorious 2NE1, YG decided has decided to debut a new 12 member girl unit, EQSOL to add to YG ladies as he said in a press conference held earlier this morning, 2 weeks after the WIN conference. But this group will be a collaboration with a Japanese management company - LDH. LDH stands for "Love. Dream. Happiness" (sounds kind of cute) and it was founded by Igarashi Hiroyuki, who is commonly known as Hiro and is a recently retired member and leader of the award-winning and commercially successful Japanese performance group, Exile. Another thing is that this group isn't a typical main group-subunit that we're all used to - EQSOL will be a really big subunit and the type of female franchise in the Exile Tribe family. The unit is comprised of four smaller groups that were established in late 2011-early 2012 - Blossom, Spark, Dusk, and Crystal. With EQSOL having it's name come from equinox and solstice, the four groups will debut with seasonal concepts. EQSOL currently includes a trainee group, Butterfly, who will debut at a later date.
"After being in this music business for 20 years, I've produced acts that all have a very similar vibe. I wanted to create a group that appealed to many different tastes and different forms of charisma and Hiro helped come up with the idea for EQSOL. These trainees have what it takes to leave an impact." says Yang Hyunsuk, confidently.
"EQSOL will train and soon promote in both Korea and Japan while the four individual groups will appeal to a wider audience." adds Hiro. The LDH founder also created a dance training facility called EXPG (Exile Professional Gym) where the girls have been training in since last November! YG also made an investment in the gym franchise so one can come to South Korea. If you've ever seen an Exile performance, one would know how intense and versatile their choreography is. These girls are going to be epic! Don't believe me? Watch the video down below, which was posted to YG and LDH's offical websites with the caption "The future" written as a description.

Yeah, pretty badass, huh? To make it even more amazing is that this was purely choreographed by EQSOL and the EXPG kids in the video in a one month period as an assignment. I give them a perfect score, a 24 karat gold worthy performance! The girls in green are said to be more Korea focused while the red are more Japan focused. The little boys and girls dressed in black are set to be the baby EQSOL and Exile members. YG definitely knew what he was doing when he invested in the LDH projects.

The next self-choreographed dance video was taken in a nightclub in Shibuya as an opening act for Verbal of mflo. This mainly consists of the Main and Lead Dancers of the unit and they killed it with a few members showing some of their acrobatic skills.

Both companies have also mentioned that they have voices that are almost or just as amazing as their dance skills. If that's so then we have some real threats on our hands. Did I also mention that these pretty girls don't have a dating ban, well a contractually written one which is a first for YG but not so much LDH.

"Hiro was the one to convince me to make this change. He was really passionately against it and was able to change my mind. He was that persistent." said YG with a slight chuckle.

"All of my acts have this freedom because I feel that experiencing relationships helps you grow as a person and it did that for me. Scandal reports make dating seem like a bad thing this day when it's not and..."

"Can't you just feel the passion in his ranting?" YG interrupted, jokingly and Hiro laid his head down in silent laughter. Even the press found humor in it (I smell a ship coming). But even with it not written in the contract, YG did make his wishes known verbally. "I told the girls to not go looking for a relationship and just let it happen naturally. I want their priority to lie with the milestone of having their first tour and everything else can come second." Wow! YG must really believe in these girls if he's already talking about tours when they haven't even debuted yet. I will post more news on the quest to EQSOL's debut. So stoked, guys! Doesn't it feel great to not be trolled? Super awesome!

TAGS

EQSOL
YGEntertainment
LDH
Exile
Girl group
Rookies

PREVIOUS STORY

Exo to comeback in a few weeks! Naega Wolf Owooh~!

NEXT STORY

Lee Hi to have a special collaboration on this week's Inkigayo!.

Sign in                                                                          7,087 people listening
Newest | Oldest | Top Comments

thesaneone                                                                                                                  7 seconds ago

OH.MY.GOD! So this is really happening! Those kids...those girls!!! YG acts can already dance but the energy and skill level surpasses them all! EQSOL is coming for the best in the business, I can feel it (」゚ロ゚)」!!!

Like    Reply

3JSBangBang                                                                                                               7 minutes ago

This is a dream come true, my favorite Jpop and Kpop groups collabing with each other! I feel like crying I'm so happy! They need to debut like now!!! I want a collab with Generations or Sandaime so I can ship them together afterwards! (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

Like    Reply

VIPLifestyle                                                                                                                 28 minutes ago

LMAO, DragonPeach let me love you! <3<3

Not gonna lie, though, I always thought Jpop was too cute and childish for my taste but damn even this song was pretty badass, EQSOL and the EXPG kids took it to another level and are going to be the best. Anyone that thinks differently is totally being blind and biased now I'm gonna go find more Jpop that sounds like this! #HyunRo is real!

Like    Reply

DragonPeach                                                                                                              30 minutes ago

I'm gonna be the designated SM troll, you guys XD! "Like omg they aren't even good, they actually kind of :/.  Wahh and even if they don't have an actual dating ban, they better stay away from Exo and SHINee or else there will be hell to pay! Oppa saranghae buing buing aigoo~!" But seriously though, I can't wait for these girls to debut! :D

Like    Reply