02: Try-outs

Mission: Impossible

"I can't believe you," Baekhyun says. He was out spying on Luhan all because of his stupid little spur-of-the-moment promise. "Why can't you just like someone normal? Like that Kyungsoo guy. He seems really nice, you know, despite having big eyes and looking like they're gonna pop out everytime something shocks him. He's a nice, decent person. And he's not that famous because he's such a humble person and-"

"Oh shut up," Sehun snaps, pouting a little. "I thought this conversation was over. And why would I like Kyungsoo?"

Baekhyun rolls his eyes. "Well, why wouldn't you? I listed a hundred and one reasons why!" Baekhyun reasons a little too loudly.

"Don't you think you're being too loud?" Sehun half-whispers. 

"So what? I've always been this loud anyways. Why? You don't like it? Should I shut up and stop helping you?"

Sehun lets out a heavy sigh. Why does Baekhyun have to be so dramatic at times like this?. "I don't mean it that way," Sehun says in an apologetic tone, silently praying that Baekhyun would stop bickering.

"You better not," Baekhyun mutters.

Sehun closes his eyes and leans into the wall that is facing their backs. "Besides, there's someone else who likes Kyungsoo," For a moment there, everything was peaceful and quiet and Sehun wonders when was the last time he felt this peace. But all of that was over when Sehun feels a tug on his arm. He opens his eyes only to meet with Baekhyun's mischievous ones. Yeah, since he met Byun Baekhyun.

"Really? Who? Is it someone we know? Is this person around our age? Since when? How did you know and how come I never knew of this?" Baekhyun starts firing questions. Sometimes, Sehun's gotta admit, he was pretty impressed with the amount of words that came out of Baekhyun's mouth a day. Even though Baekhyun didn't seem like he had it in him on their first meeting. "Ah, come on, tell me! I'm dying of curiosity if you haven't noticed,"

Sehun laughs because Baekhyun looks like a puppy that gets overly-excited because his owner is home to finally play with him after a long day. "Nah, I ain't telling," 

The bright look on Baekhyun's face dims quickly. "Why not? Yah, what are friends for?"

"I can't tell you because at the moment, I'm the only one who knows. It means that this person hasn't have the guts to tell the world yet,"

Baekhyun groans and folds his arms. "What a wuss. If he's such a wuss, then why bother liking someone? Geez,"

"Hey, watch it. This 'wuss' you're calling is a friend of yours," 

"What? What do you mean? Is it Chanyeol? Or Jongin? Or...is it you?" Baekhyun points his finger accusingly at Sehun.

"How rude," Sehun swats Baekhyun's finger away, resulting a laugh from the latter. "You know who I like,"

"Yeah, yeah, okay," Baekhyun snickers. "That little fairy who likes soccer. No wonder you wanted to try soccer so bad. Has anyone ever told you that you're at making up excuses? 'Trying out something new', my ," He mocks.

Sehun rolls his eyes in attempt to ignore Baekhyun and to have his attention fully on Luhan. Focus on Luhan, focus on that milky skin and fluffy hair that Sehun would love to run his fingers through those soft strands and maybe tug on them a little-

"This won't do," Baekhyun interrupts Sehun's train of thought. "Listen, you can't just stand here looking like a complete creep while looking at him. Do you even know what you looked like? God, you looked like a e trying to ruin his 8 year old niece," 

Sehun blinks his eyes as if he's trying to process what Baekhyun said. "Okay...what you're trying to say is...?"

"You, sir," Baekhyun smiles, and Sehun swears to God he saw a familiar mischievous glint in Baekhyun's eyes. "Are going to talk to him-"

"What?"

"You're going into that field right now, and you're gonna talk to him-"

"What?"

"You're gonna get his number, it's going to be amazing. Trust me,"

"Woah, woah, woah," Sehun holds his hand up in front of Baekhyun's face. "Did you heard what you just said? I'm not doing all that. All that talking, and getting his-- God, Baekhyun, have some common sense!"

"Uh, I do?" Baekhyun says blatantly. "I'm saying this because you can't be just that creep who stalks his crush around all day. You gotta man up and wear a pair of balls. And what do you mean you're not doing it? You're not doing it or you can't because you're too much of a chicken?"

Sehun in a deep breath. "Baekhyun, do you even know what it feels like to really really like someone?"

Baekhyun thinks for a while before shrugging. "I don't know, uhm, is it like...you get instantly dumb in front of them?"

Sehun mentally face palms. "You idiot,"

"Well I don't know! From my observation--which is you--you're like an instant dummy when Luhan appears near you. It's the same thing when Suho wanted to talk to his crush, that ramen-haired guy who's in my Physic class. He couldn't even speak a word properly like he hadn't learned alphabets since pre-school," Baekhyun blows an air on his bangs. "How do you expect me to know things like that? Clearly, I don't have anyone I like," He wipes the sweat that was running down his sideburns. "Why are people in this school so unattractive anyway? God,"

"Are you done?" Baekhyun nods. "Okay then, let me describe it to you, Mr. Clueless--" Baekhyun sent him a sharp glare but Sehun allows himself to continue, "--what it feels like to like someone. Honestly it's really hard to explain but when you see the person you like, you just feel like you're on cloud nine. And you want to always be with them and when they're near you, your heart speeds up and your mind immediately goes blank--"

"Like an instant dummy," Baekhyun interrupts.

"Uh, as I was saying--you feel happy. As if it's the happiest feeling in the world,"

Baekhyun tilts his head. "The happiest feeling in the world? But, wouldn't it be the happiest if you actually get together with them?"

"I don't know," Sehun shrugs. "Right now, this is what makes me the most happiest. If it did happen, then I'll change my perspective of it,"

Baekhyun hums. "So being a creepy stalker makes you the happiest hormonal teenager in the world?"

"... you,"

 

 

 


 

 

 

That night, they somehow got piled up inside Jongin's room. At first Jongin invited Sehun over so that they would get their Chem project over with, but then Chanyeol was walking home with Baekhyun and they ended up coming over uninvited.

"So, did you really do it?" Chanyeol asks, throwing a Cheetos at Sehun's face.

"Do what?"

"Talk to Luhan. Baekhyun told me that on our way home," Chanyeol said blankly.

Sehun throws a sharp glance at Baekhyun, who pretended to be innocent. "No...I didn't," Sehun says.

"You didn't? Why?"

"Because," Sehun sighs as if he's already bored with the conversation. "I don't want to. You know me well enough. Why would I do things like that?"

"No, actually, Sehun chickened out. Which was so like him," Baekhyun interrupts, getting a smack on the face with a pillow by Sehun in result.

Chanyeol laughed. "Yeah, now that sounds like him. But honestly, you should have listen to Baek. It was a chance for you to finally break this senpai-kouhai relationship," He throws another cheetos at Sehun.

"Can you stop throwing my precious snack," Jongin snatches the cheetos bag from Chanyeol. "Tch, kids these days,"

Baekhyun leans over and puts a hand under his chin to support himself. "Okay, enough with the 'Sehun-has-no-balls' talk. I heard something pretty gossip-worthy today,"

"When are you guys going? I haven't even started on my project and you guys are distracting me," Jongin complains.

"Hush boy," Baekhyun places his index finger on Jongin's lips. "As I was saying,"

"You heard something exciting today," Chanyeol continued.

"Yeah," Baekhyun nods. "You guys know Kyungsoo?" 

"Small guy, big eyes, and is literally an angel?" Chanyeol guessed.

"Bingo!" Baekhyun makes a gun out of his tiny hands and points them at Chanyeol.

"What about him?" Jongin asks, eyeing Sehun a little, which goes unnoticed to the both Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

Baekhyun clasps his hands together. "Well thanks to a special someone," He turns his head to wink flirtatiously at Sehun. "I, Byun baekhyun, have finally cracked the code of the century,"

"I don't have a good feeling about this," Sehun half-whispers, feeling conscious of his surrounding.

"Long story short, someone has a crush on Kyungsoo," And there was an oh-so familiar devilish smile plastered on Baekhyun's face.

The room was quiet and Sehun can feel Jongin getting rigid by his side. 

"Okay...so someone has a crush on Kyungsoo. what's the big deal?" Chanyeol's forehead creases.

"That someone," Baekhyun grins. "Is in this room,"

 

 


 

 

a/n: this took a while to update oh my god.... anyway, i think maybe it's time i delete this fic lol xD people don't take interest in it anymore and i kind of lost my interest as well :v comment to help me decide! i still ship sebaek and selu hard pls dont be mistaken lol!

lately i have been giving almost half of my interest into seventeen (they're super talented) and my holy ship hungyu <3 yes i ship one of the most dead ship but that's me, life and my life choices. 

btw i didn't notice that i put chapter 2 & 3 on draft lol. i'll probably have chapter 3 updated by this week~ 

p.s: to everyone in jakarta pls be safe <3 T_T