The Winner Takes It All

Broken Mirrors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did you put the…”

“Done,”

“How about the con…”

“Done,”

“Did you contact…”

“Done,”

“The personal…”

“Done”

“Are you even listening to me?”

“Done,”

The older man grabbed Jemma’s arm and made her look up from her computer screen. They were sitting in the airport, waiting to board the plane that would take them to Jeju Island. Donghae and Eunhyuk were dozing off on the bench opposite of the two managers, while others were getting coffee or doing some last minute shopping at the duty free store. Jemma noticed Kyuhyun coming closer from the corner of her eye, animatedly chatting with Ryeowook, while carrying a large bag that probably contained at least two bottles of wine.

“Are you okay?” Myungsoo asked, concern readable in his expression. He noticed that Jemma had been very quiet all throughout the journey, not even saying a thing when the boys had gotten too loud on the ride there. Instead, she was buried in her phone, rapidly tapping the touch screen and frowning. As soon as they had settled at the airport lounge, she had pulled out her computer and not uttered a word, unless asked a question directly.

“I am fine,” she answered curtly and picked her phone out of her bag, unlocking it, however Myungsoo placed his hand on it, stopping her action.

“No. This is more or less a vacation, at least for the next five days. Put away your computer. The boys are starting the shoot on Monday. Until then, no work,” he said firmly, his eyes serious.

“What else is there to do?”

“Socialize, swim in the ocean, go on long walks and enjoy the sunsets,” a voice chimed and Jemma’s head snapped to reveal Ryeowook leaning over her shoulder, peeking at the open laptop with a smile. She quickly minimized the document she had been studying, not wanting to share any details with the boy, as neither he, nor the rest of the band, knew of the extent to which the personal files contained information of their private lives.

“This is a business trip,” she said, as Ryeowook settled down on the bench, “Just because you get a few days off doesn’t mean I do,”

“But I just told you that we get the days off as well,” Myungsoo chimed.

“But that’s not right,”

Jemma sighed and opened her email account, but before she could click on the email for the house confirmation, her computer was taken away and shut close. Too shocked to react, Jemma stared as Ryeowook put the laptop into his travel bag with a grin.

“What the hell?” she gaped, attempting to grab his bag and get her computer back, however that was proven unsuccessful and the man just pulled the bag further away from her, “Kim Ryeowook, give me back my computer!”

“No,”

“Why?”

“Because I bet you can’t go three days without it,”

“Your logic remains, like so many other things, a mystery to mankind,” she rolled her eyes.

“Three days,” he stuck out his tongue, and suddenly all Jemma could see was a five year old kid testing his mother’s limits.

“And what do I get out of that?”

“If you manage to stay away from work for three days, I will stop prying,” he said, his expression suddenly earnest, “I will let you be, no more questions, no more curiosity,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter