And Demise Comes From Hatred

The Moonflower Hotel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, Kwangmin?" The man stopped cleaning the tables and turned to the guest. "How did you meet Nari?" He looked to the side and tried to get back to work.

Bum wasn't going to leave him. Kwangmin saw him enter the restaurant and sit at a near table. He leaned back and got comfortable. Kwangmin sighed and took a break.

"This place used to be a dump. People from the city would throw their garbage here." Bum nodded. She already told him that. "Me and my brother, we've been thrown here by our family." Bum's eyes widened.

"What?" The guest couldn't believe it. "Do people act like that in the 21st Century?" He mumbled to himself.

Kwangmin sighed and turned his back to the guest. He knew he should keep his mouth shut. He walked into the kitchen and leaned against the table.

 

"Mommy?" A young version of Kwangmin was standing all alone in the middle of the street. He came with his mother to buy vegetables but he got lost in the crowd. "Mother?!" He screamed once again. He was young and scared. Everyone seemed so big and bad from his height.

He had no other choice but to wander around and hope for the best. He did that for a few hours and it was getting dark. He moaned as his stomach grumbled. He was hungry.

His eyes scanned the place for something good. He noticed a man selling different types of fruits. It might not have been enough to satisfy him but he didn't have any choice. Besides, those pears looked really tasty.

He sneaked through people without a problem. Once he got close enough, he hid behind a lady. Her dress was big enough to hide a 5 years old boy. Besides, she was pretty big too. The woman didn't even see him as she was being focused on buying stuff. He reached out for one pear but it proved to be further than he calculated. He grabbed her dress in order to balance. He only touched a pear when the seller noticed him. The woman turned around quickly and left him in the open. The seller glared at the kid and slapped him.

"Is that what you learn nowadays?! Get out!" He slapped the boy once again.

"Kwangmin!" The boy turned towards his mother's voice. "Where did you disappear?" When she got close enough, she saw the mad man scolding her son. "What happened?"

"He tried to steal, that's what happened! Keep a firm hand on your son, lady!" By the time she got a grip on Kwangmin, everyone was staring at them. Everyone was judging her, as a mother. She grabbed his hand harshly and walked away with her head down in shame.

When he got home, Kwangmin got punished by his father.

Kwangmin flinched. He didn't want to remember those times. He was grateful to his mistress and would never do anything to harm her or the hotel. It was the only place he could genuinely call home.

 

Bum walked upstairs with a lot in his mind. He was still in shock that someone could throw two kids away like they meant nothing.

While he was walking down the first floor, he noticed something very strange. It was a small portrait of a woman who looked very much like Jieun. His eyes moved on the lower part. The signature was very familiar. He swore he saw it before. The only difference was the atmosphere. Jieun was a beautiful young woman and she was wearing pretty dresses and jewelries. The woman in the portrait was in a plain servant dress from the 18th Century. She looked a little bit younger and her eyes were sore. She wasn't even smiling. She was empty.

"Do you like this painting?" Bum jumped. He didn't expect anyone to come and surprise him. Thankfully, it was Yeonsuk.

"She looks familiar." Bum admitted. Yeonsuk raised an eyebrow and took a step forward. He couldn't be seen giving hints. He made it look like he was only passing by.

"Read the inscription." He whispered before he left for the stairs.

Bum searched that inscription but didn't find it. He was ready t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter