Chapter 2

Symptoms
It's 8AM and Taemin is walking to school. Many students walk infront or behind him, but nobody greets him. He rolls up the sleeves of his sweater and just looks around like he has never seen this neighbourhood before. Walking alone to school is a big no-no here, but Taemin is allready used to it. He has no friends and nobody want to be his friend.
 
He enters the school and walks to his locker. He opens it and starts grabbing some books for todays classes. Suddenly someone opens the locker next to him. It's a boy Taemin has never seen before.
 
''Hello,'' says the stranger. ''Uhm... hi..,'' Taemin says awkwardly. ''I won't eat you. What's your name?'' The stranger laughs and looks at Taemin. Taemin feels awkward. It's been a long time ago since a student really talked to him. Who is this guy and why is he so happy towards the bullied boy Taemin? ''Taemin. Lee Taemin,'' Taemin says awkwardly. ''My name is Jonghyun. Kim Jonghyun. I'm new at this school and-.'' Before the stranger who's name is Jonghyun can finish the bell rings. ''Well, it was great talking to you locker neighbour. I have to leave now for class. Bye!'' He smiles at Taemin, closes his locker and walks away with a big smile. Taemin awkwardly waves him goodbye.
He walks to class and thinks about Jonghyun. It's rare that someone just starts talking to Taemin. He is a new student, so he doesn't know about Taemins reputation. Soon he will find out and never talk to Taemin again.
 
The last classes have ended and hunderds of students leave the school. Taemin is one of the handfull of students who stay at school to practice or study. He walks to one of the recording studio's. It's empty, so Taemin can use it for his vocal practice. He turns on the mic and puts a pair of headphone on. Right when he wants to start singing, someone knocks on the door.
''Euh, who is there?'' Taemin takes his headphones off. ''This room is taken.''
The door slowly opens and Taemin sees Jonghyun his head peeking trough the door opening. ''Oh, hey! It's you,''Jonghyun says. He enters the room. ''Euhm.. I was busy practicing here,'' Taemin says. Jonghyun smiles. ''Ah, I was looking for a place to practice my vocal skills, but all the other studio's are taken.'' ''Are you a singer?,'' Taemin asks. ''Yes, I am! Want to hear something?''
Before Taemin can even answer, Jonghyun starts singing. His voice sounds really sweet. Taemin's eye widen, because of the sounds that come out of Jonghyun's mouth. He never knew Jonghyun could sing like this. He didn't even expect Jonghyun to be a singer. He looked more like an actor-type of guy. In the middle of the song Jonghyun suddenly stops. ''I'm sorry for interrupting your rehearsal,'' he says. ''No, it's okay Taemin says. ''You are a really good singer, though.'' Jonghyun smiles. ''Thank you. You are also a singer right?'' Taemin nods. ''And a dancer.'' ''Wow! Singer and dancer? That's awesome! You must be the most talented guy in the school,'' Jonghyun says cheerful.
Taemin's good mood dissapears. He doesn't answer and just turns of the microphone. ''Something wrong?,'' Jonghyun asks. Taemin shakes his head. ''I just realised I have to go home. You see... euhm... my mom needs help with cleaning.'' ''I see,'' Jonghyun says a bit down. ''You can practice here now if you want.'' Taemin grabs his bagpack and leaves the studio.
 
In a hurry Taemin leaves the school. It's raining outside and in a couple of seconds he is allready soaked. He starts running, so he will be home earlier.
When he arrives there is no smell of food. There is also no nagging mom or annoying brother. Nobody is home. Taemin kicks his shoes of and let's himself fall down on the couch.
 
Why am I such a ? He thinks by himself. Why did I leave right after Jonghyun asked about me being talented? I need to man up. He slaps himself a couple of times in his face. I could have been practicing with Jonghyun right now. Making a friend. But no, of course I have to be a little depressed brat who walks away when feeling uncomfortable. 
Taemin shakes his pillow a couple of times and let's his head rest on it. He closes his eyes.
I only met that kid today and allready ed up. Maybe this is why everybody bullies me. This probably really IS WHY they bully me. I'm a unsocial, ornery, weird kid who spends all his days by himself. A little brat with no company but his mom who spoils him ever evening after demolishing himself.