Chapter 4

Symptoms
''Shall we just leave this place and practice together? I'm really curious about your vocal and dancing skills,'' Jonghyun says. Taemin nods. ''Sounds fun.'' They both get up and leave the small cafe. ''We can go to my house,'' Jonghyun says. ''We have to take the bus then, but my house is pretty big and we have a small recording studio.'' ''You have your own studio? Awesome!''
 
They both walk to the busstop while chatting a bit. ''What brings you here to this school, by the way?,'' Taemin asks. ''Well, I lived on the other side of my country, but we don't have good art schools there. Then I found out about this school and I asked my parents to go live here.'' ''And they were ok with that?,'' Taemin askes surprised by Jonghyuns story. ''Totally ok! They want me to make my dreams come true,'' Jonghyun says smiling. ''And your friends? They supported you?'' ''Oh, yes! They tell me I'm really talented all the time and they were really happy for me.'' Taemin fakes a smile. ''That's awesome... Well, there is the bus. Let's go.''
 
They get in the bus. ''I'm sure you are more talented than I am,'' Jonghyun says while petting Taemin his shoulder. ''Yeah, right.'' Taemin let's himself fall on one of the benches in the bus and Jonghyun let's himself fall next to him. ''You don't have to be so insecure.'' Taemin makes a humming noice. Jonghyun punches Taemin's shoulder playfully. ''I'm sure we can teach each other new things. Like, you can teach me dancing. I at dancing!'' ''You want me to be your dance tutor?,'' Taemin asks. ''Yes!'' Jonghyun laughs. A smile appears on Taemin his face. ''Ah! You're smiling again! That's what I like to see.'' Taemin laughs.
 
The bus stops and a bunch of people get in. ''Oh god,'' Taemin says. ''Something wrong?'' Jonghyun asks. Taemin carefully points at one of the guys who just walked in. ''See that guy? He bullies me the most of everyone. He-'' ''Hey, Taemin! See you got yourself a friends? Well, that's an archievement.'' Taemin turns red. ''Hey!'' Jonghyun yells. ''Just leave him alone, jerk.'' Taemin tries to hush Jonghyun. ''Just let him... Please leave us alone now.'' Taemin burries his face in his shirt. The guy snorts and walks away. ''Please don't make this situations happen again, Jjong,'' Taemin says embarrased. ''I'm sorry, but I can't just let him bully you.'' Jonghyun expects Taemin to get mad at him, but instead of that he smiles. ''That's really..... kind of you.'' Jonghyun smiles. ''Well, we arrived at our destination.''
 
They get out of the bus that stopped infront of a huge mansion. ''Well, this is it. My house,'' Jonghyun says proudly. ''This... is your house? It's like a freaking castle! My appartment looks like a garbage dump compared to this!,'' Taemin says. Jonghyun laughs. ''Shall we get inside? I can't wait to start practicing with you.'' They walk into the house. The first room is a huge hallway with pretty, white walls and a big chandelier on the ceiling. ''Sweet,'' Taemin says in a whispery voice. ''I know right,'' Jonghyun laughs. ''Let's go to the studio!'' He walks up the huge stairs and Taemin follows him, while looking at all the picture on the walls.
 
It are old childhood pictures of Jonghyun. Pictures of him with friends, pictures of him at talent shows etc.
 
''You allready made it man,'' Taemin says. ''I mean, look at this picture! First place at a singing competition! Awesome!'' ''Ah, it's nothing. Just a simple amateur competition. Look, here is the studio.'' He opens the door at the top of the stairs. A small, but professional studio appears. ''Go sing something!'' Jonghyun turns on a microphone and gives it to Taemin.
 
Out of the blue Taemin suddenly get's nervous.
 
What if I screw up? Jonghyun has high expectations of me. I can't just screw this up!
 
''Just sing something silly! I'm sure you'll do amazing!'' Jonghyun smiles. ''Well... allright then..'' Taemin tests the mic by tapping on it. Then he starts singing a song he has been practicing for the last two months. Jonghyun his mouth falls open. Taemin's voice is way above expectations. It's very powerfull and with a raw edge, but it's still very sweet and pretty. How can people tell him he isn't talented?
 
After a minute of singing Taemin stops. ''Well.... what do you think?'' He has gotten a bit shy. ''Your voice is gorgeous, man! ! I knew you would be good, but not this good!'' Jonghyun yells flabbergasted. Taemins cheeks get a bit red. ''Thank you.'' He smiles at Jonghyun. ''It means a lot to-'' He gets interrupted by his phone that started ringing. He looks at the screen.
 
Mom
 
''Excuse me. It's my mom.... Hello, mom. Yeah? What!? I-I'm coming..'' Slowly he put's his phone in his pocket. Jonghyun looks worried at Taemin. ''What's going on? There is something wrong.'' ''No, it's ok. I just have to leave right now. I, euhm, I'll see you at school monday..'' Taemin runs down the stairs, leaving Jonghyun standing there all thunderstrucked.