The Cupidlets

Stupid Cupid

“V eomma! V eomma! Amber ssi shot herself by her own arrow!” a swarm of little heads at the size of a basketball without bodies but a pair of hands and wings came flying over a glowing lady of pure white with coal black hair. She was as troubled as the small heads around her because of the red alert in the heavens.

“Aish that cupid, for how many times did she messed up with shooting even if she’s an accurate shot but now she shot herself…” Venus, the mother of Amber and all the small heads which is better known as cupidlets moved from side to side while massaging the temple of her head.

“What should we do now Eomma? Amber – ssi might turn into a demon if this continues”

“Calm down Sulli, we cannot help her. She needs to find the true owner of that arrow by herself and shot it back to fix this glitch.”

“But eomma, Amber – ssi wouldn’t have a place to live, she’ll die of starvation and thirst, she’ll be incapacitated, rolled over, beheaded and – “ another cupidlet was moving up and down the air, confused and rushed.

“Okay stop for a moment there Luna what’s with the brutality?”

“V eomma, Luna watched morbid films with a human earlier, she even did the kapow kapow thing” Sulli butted in imitating with her hands a gun being fired.

“Aish you little ones, remember you’re here to spread love and understanding. Not to spread war and  brutality. Now I need to go, I must help Amber find a place to live so she’ll not get starved, incapacitated, rolled over and beheaded”

The swarm of cupidlets followed their mother to the golden gate, flying in all directions while playing. They were hitting each other’s heads playfully since they didn’t have any other body parts but a head, a pair of hands and wings. They waved goodbye to Venus, who in turn blew them a kiss.

Venus saw Amber still struggling to maintain her composure even if everything was starting to turn black. She noticed the break in the arrow that hit her daughter and it felt like a bucket of water was thrown over her.

This is bad, very bad.

She scanned the whole place, sensing someone who was just lurking around and from a kilometer or so she felt Donghae, the demon who was responsible of all the war and hatred in humanity.

Of course he’s there, he’ll surely try to get Amber to his side especially now that she’ll slowly transform into human. It’ll be easier for him to tempt her, to inflict pain and depression and to make everything worst until she turns her back from the good side.

“Amber, are you okay?” The cupid was starting to fall to the ground when she approached her. her breathing ragged and she was clenching her chest.

She’s slowly turning to a human

Venus took hold of her daughter and prayed, they both disappeared and reappeared in front of the mansion where she believed the owner of the complimenting arrow lives. She knows it’s a great risk to put her son in the same place as where the partner arrow was but it is the only way to know where the half of her arrow is. She believes in Amber, she knows she will choose order and goodness before anything else.

“Good Afternoon Victoria” It was Jessica, the chief of the house, the one she’s replacing.

“Would you mind if you get some help? Amber here is so heavy” Jessica used her phone and called some guards to help them. Out came Jackson, Yuri and Taeyeon.

“What is it boss?”

“Help Victoria carry her. She might be the one you’ll be working with Taeyeon” the three made a thumbs up sign and hurried to carry the sleeping cupid, I mean human.

Victoria herself was exhausted. After using most of her power to alter the minds and memories of that mansion and making herself a human temporarily, she was catching her breathe at that time.

“Where have you been? You seem… exhausted”

“I fetched her from the dorm, she didn’t get enough sleep and I want her to be here before tomorrow”

“As expected, you’re such a strong woman. Come in for a while, I’m sure you’ll go out again”

“You’re so good Jessica, I really need to go now” Victoria gave a teasing pinch on the former’s chin before turning her back to ride on a cab.

_

“Where are we heading ma’am?”

“Hotel” Victoria saw the flyer beside her about one hotel and since she didn’t know anything about the world, she just followed her instincts.

“Which hotel ma’am?”

“Here” she handed over the flyer to the driver who in turn nodded in response.

I’m exhausted, weak and tired…

 As much as she wanted to stay long on the human world, she can’t. Being a human has limitations and she almost used all of her energy just to get Amber to a safe place and she thinks she need to rest back in heaven.

“Ma’am? We’re – “ the hair behind the driver’s nape stood as he found the backseat empty.

I swear to God I’ll never cheat my wife with someone 15 years younger than me. Not to go to bars and club, not to steal my neighbor’s and not to think dirty of my handsome friend. He thought to himself as he revved his engine up and drove away.

_

“V eomma! V eomma! Are you okay V eomma?” The swarm of cupidlets welcomed her when she stepped inside the golden gate. They were flying once again all over her, both worried and scared with Venus’ current situation.

“V eomma, I prepared the bed for you”

“V eomma, I prepared you food”

“V eomma, I prepared your bath tub”

“V eomma, I – “

“Thank you little ones, I’ll just take a nap and we’ll play after” Venus smiled weakly to the little cupids who were sad behind her.

‘We love you V eomma, please rest well”

Victoria closed the door of her room of pure white and lay down in her bed of cloud, closing her eyes, she breathed deep and went into a deep slumber.

“How long will V eomma sleep?” Sulli approached her bestfriend Luna who was sulking in a corner.

“I don’t know, I’m scared. V eomma seemed to use her energy a lot this time”

“I hope Amber will be able to go back here soon” Yoona, another cupidlet approached the two, a ball was in her hands.

“We should all hope for the best, why don’t we play for a while?” Hyoyeon snatched the ball from Yoona and tossed it in the air before hitting it with her hand.

Her hit was so hard that it flew to a direction and that was at Sooyoung’s who was hit straight in her head making her fall to straight to a hard cloud.

“ow ow ow… you guys that hurts” she said in pain as she flew back in the air.

“HAHAHA Sooyoungie looked like a ball hit by a ball and kaboom!” Hyoyeon’s laughed was so loud that she didn’t see a ball of cloud thrown at her. The ball of cloud went straight to and made her silent, the other little cupids laughing at her after.

That was Amber’s place for years, the place where she played with other little cupids… but now her environment will change and she will experience the roller coaster ride of the human world where pain, agony, happiness, confusion and emotions of other sorts happens.

This is her new journey, her new life in Earth.