I failed my aim twice

Stupid Cupid

Oh! That's one cute chic! 

Blonde hair, exteremely androgynous aura, white long sleeves, red shorts and red sneakers... A figure stood by the roof of one of the parked cars along the busy streets of Seoul. Eyes roaming around as if finding something or someone among the large crowd of people walking briskly for work, school or some other stuff.

Bells... bells... bells... 

Oh hey, I'm Amber Liu your cupid at service as you can see at the bow and arrow I'm holding. I'm looking for that small golden bell on top of these human's head for me to aim and shoot at and make them fall in love with each other because it's my primary job and because I am so far from my quota and my boss will surely nag at me if I go home unaccomplished once again. 

Where are those bells anyway?

Jumping from car to car, Amber dragged her bow and four arrows at her side, squinting her eyes looking for her target but she found none and just hit herself at the post she didn't see. Falling back on the floor she rubbed her aching forehead to ease the pain and mentally cursed the innocent. 

"Owww stupid post" she scurried to stand because of the sighting she just saw. 

A black car passed by her and she saw the bell she was dying to find but it in a fast pace. She grabbed her arrow and went back jumping and dodging around cars and people just to not let that target go away. 

"Yah! Why so fast?!" She fell face flat on the ground as she tripped on an open hole and almost got hit by a car but she immediately disappeared, reappearing on the top of the black car she was chasing earlier. 

"Why do I always forget that I have powers?" She scratched her head in dismay and sat on the car with a pout on her lips. 

Amber's POV 

I always feel like I'm a human, I don't know why. I even forget that I have abilities as a cupid like what I just did earlier. See? I made an effort in dodging fast running cars, got hit by a post and tripped by a hole when I can just make myself appear on this car in an instant. 

Oohh mercedes benz eh? I like this car, so shiny and looks expensive. Is the owner the one with the bell? Damn his or her partner is lucky. 

Poof

Hiya!

I waved at the girl with the bell beside me but yeah, she can't see me awww :( but hey this car is so cool I want to try driving it. Expensive car with an icy girl is what I imagine of a perfect mafia movie... I watched one when I was strolling around the neighboorhood and passed by a house with a small girl watching movies alone. It was 10 years ago, how was she? 

She caught my attention when she didn't even smile at the funniest part of that movie and her eyes were just like staring into the wilderness until it was finished that I even asked myself, Is she even real? I almost laughed my.heart out and break the windows of her house and yet she still has her face on? Amazing.

But anyway let's forget about that and focus on this mission of mine. All I need to do is to shoot this arrow straight to the girl's heart to break the bell on top of her. Then I need to find her partner and shoot the other arrow for them to fall in love with each other... easy right? 

I transferred seats around half a meter away from her. Took my bow, loaded the arrow and aimed it straight to her heart. I should not mess up with this or she'll add up to the failed relationships I did because of my poor or accidental misaiming. 

Blag

I almost cursed all the people when the car hit something and I was thrown on the side with force and my arrow left my hand and I don't know wha - oh no.

The arrow hit heart but in a not perfect shot in short, failed. The bell didn't break fully and the arrow itself got bent... oh no this is no good. I've been in this failure for many times now and it just scares me to think that her love story would be tragic. I'm sorry, it's not my fault really. Your driver did it miss, not me.

With slumped shoulders, I transported to the top of an abandoned building, sensing where her partner would might be. It took me not longer than 5minutes to see that bell approximately 5 kilometers away from me.

Leggo

I whispered and jumped from place to place once again, enjoying the cool breeze smashing my face with every leap. 

Owww

Why do I always hit on things seriously? Good thing my target was just sitting inside the cafe with a girl. He looks fine together with her but sorry missy your boy belongs to somebody else. 

I pulled the string once again, eyeing at the guy's heart for a shot. Better this be accurate or else I'll be seeing another round of endless failed love drama. 

Swoosh

Yes, finally it's a sure shot! My job is - 

Nooo! 

I saw how a strong wind passed and flew my arrow away. Panicking that it might hit the wrong person, I jumped to the air to find where the wind blew it but to no use, I can't find my pink arrow. Stupid wind with the stupid hole and post. I hate this day.

Owww

I felt a piercing pain in my chest that I cannot breath. It came from the back and passed straight through me. My eyes widened and I can feel a sudden weakness all throughout my body when I saw what just hit me.

My arrow.