It's a promise

Our not so cliche love story

Grabbing a fistful of flour, I threw it back at him. Before he could react, I splashed a cup of water on him, making all the flour sticky and hard to wash off later. I threw him a smirk and turned around to put the mixture safely away. Upon hearing a crack, I turned and felt something slimy slide down my forehead.

"You did not just crack an egg on top of my head, Evil Minion." I said calmly before staring daggers at him.

"Oh..But I just did because this flour is going to be difficult to wash off later." L.joe retorted back with a victory smile plastered on his face.

"Well then, I'm going to fufill my dream this morning about rainbows." I grabbed the nearest food coloring and splashed it on his face.

After we almost ran out of things to throw, the war finally ended. By that time, the kitchen was a huge messand it was already 7pm. I sighed loudly, glaring at L.joe before starting to clean up. L.joe helped like he promised and after that we went our separate ways to shower. 

"Do you need any help?" I asked, standing at the kitchen doorway when I was done showering.

"No. Go get some sleep. We have to sell cookies at the funfair tomorrow. I'll be fine on my own." L.joe replied.

"Okay. If you say so." I eyed him suspiciously before going upstairs and as soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell into a deep slumber.

 

--------------------------Next Morning--------------------------------

I turned to my side and slammed my alarm clock shut. Groaning out loud, I washed up and decided to prepare breakfast for L.joe since he baked the cookies. When I reached the foot of the stairs I frowned, puzzled why TeenTop were sleeping in my living room. Deciding that they had a sleepover, I headed to the kitchen and a huge smile broke out on my face. Sitting on the table were bags of cookies, shaped into mini hello kitties and evil minions. Each cookie was decorated with sugar icing and I couldn't keep that smile off my face.

"Surprise?" I whipped around to see L.joe leaning against the doorway, wearing only his sweatpants.

"You did all these? With the help of TeenTop? Was that why you asked Chunji to send me home yesterday?" I asked, failing to keep the excitment from my voice.

"Yes and here is your special bag of cookies." L.joe handed me a bag of cookies but it was decorated differently.

"Why is the minion rainbow colored? And why does the kitty have a yellow thing on top of its head?" I asked aloud. Both of us broke into fits of laughter, recalling the mini war we had yesterday.

"They really look so cute together. Like a match made in heaven." Someone said causing the both of us to stop laughing.

Apparently, TeenTop was woken up by our laughter and stood in the hallway admiring us. I let out a fake cough while L.joe scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

"I'll...umm...prepare breakfast." I put my cookies in my bag, making sure it's not crushed and started preparing breakfast.

"I'll go change my clothes and prepare for the funfair." L.joe declared and hurriedly left the kitchen. 

TeenTop burst out laughing, clearly enjoying our embarressed expression. After breakfast, all of us went to the funfair together while L.joe and I met up with the discipline teacher.

"Sell the cookies at $4 per bag and after you're done, you're free to go and enjoy yourself. But MinHae you'll have to help out at the kissing booth. One of them called in sick today." The teacher said.

"What?!" Both of us exclamied but L.joe recovered from the shock and broke the silence.

"I'm sure the principal has informed you about our marriage right? Our parents are not going to be happy about it." L.joe stated, looking at the teacher sternly as if he was about to kill someone.

"And I'm not going to get paid to kiss people. I'm not a or some cheap woman." I added.

"Firstly, we asked for permission and your parents agreed to this idea. Secondly, all these are for charity so it's not about being a cheap woman or not. So get going." The teacher brushed us off.

I rolled my eyes and stalked off to put my bag into my locker. Once we were out, all the girls crowd around L.joe eager to buy his batch of cookies. *I hope nobody buys from me. At least that's a reason not to go help out at the kissing booth. Be it charity or not, I hate the idea of kissing those toads who will never turn into a prince.* Surprisingly, I sold off all my cookies within an hour and was now taking over the kissing booth. Like a moth attracted to a flame, all the guys started queueing up for their kiss. I sigh loudly and just as I was about to kiss the first guy, someone stood in between us with his back turned towards me.

"Scram all of you! Nobody is allowed to even lay a finger on her. If any of you touch her, you can be assured that you won't ever celebrate Fathers' Day again!"

All the guys paled upon hearing threats to their crown jewels and walked away with a glum expression. The guy who saved me turned around and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you DaeHyunnie." I gave him a small smile.

"I saved you from them so I can have you to myself. Selfish right? So where's my kiss?" DaeHyun asked, putting a fifty on the table.

"DaeHyunnie, you don't need to pay to kiss me." I said and closed my eyes just as I felt his lips on mine.

The moment his lips met mine, so many emotions ran through me. It felt wrong but at the same time right. Wrong because I'm kind of a married woman but right because my heart tells me so. The kiss ended too soon for my liking and I stared into DaeHyun's eyes slowly, a smile appeared on our faces.

"I'll meet you later after your shift? We can go out and have dinner together." DaeHyun finally broke the silence. 

Failing to find my voice, I nod my head and DaeHyun gave me a peck on my forehead before going off. With a stupid grin on my face, I looked up and saw L.joe standing quite a distance away. He was staring straight at me with an unreadable expression. Suddenly, a girl latched herself onto L.joe arms and kissed him. Before I could even narrow my eyes, L.joe wrapped his arms around the girl and kissed her back. *Whatever. It's not like we're a real couple anyways.* Soon, I was finished with my shift at the kissing booth and was heading to my locker to grab my cookies. As soon as I opened my locker, a pink slip of paper fell out. I picked it up and saw that my cookies were crumbled and crushed. *I made sure it's not crushed when I put it in. How is this possible?* I read the pink slip of paper and it sent chills down my bones.

 

Stay away from L.joe. If not, you'll end up like this bag of cookies. Shattered, broken and in pieces. This is not a threat. It's a promise.

-Z

I glanced around the hallway but not a single student was in sight. *Who the hell is Z?*

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey readers!!!! Here's an update and I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Comment down below what you think and remember to hit the subscribe button ;) Hope you guys have a nice day. This chapter is dedicated to @sil3rbyul who made this AWESOME POSTER!!!!! 

 No matter what happens, I'll always support you and respect your every decision. Because love is selfless.