Part 4

Saving Him

Days passed before Tao actually texted Kris. He didn't want to seem desperate for attention, but also didn't want to seem like he was ignoring Kris. It was all stuff that girls usually worried about, but Tao worried now too because he liked Kris.

Tao asked to hang out and do something, but Kris wasn't sure if he had much free time to meet up. Tao panicked up until the weekend, thinking of all worst case scenarios why Kris couldn't meet up. Anxiety caused him to act irrationally and he found himself wound up at the same bar he was at just before his attack the previous week.

"I'm going to need a lot tonight." Tao growled as he sat at the bar.

He put his hand in his face until a shot followed by a beer were placed in front of him. The whiskey burned in the way down and he made a face, but it was the quickest way to calm himself. After finishing the beer, he realized this probably wasn't a good idea after getting out of the hospital for surgery, but it was too late to stop now.

While he was drinking a second beer, Tao pulled his phone out and opened the chat with Kris. No new messages were there, but he debated on texting him again.

Would that be too annoying? If he was free he would've texted back, Tao thought.

Tao ordered another shot as his anxiety flared up again. He continued to stare at the open chat, as if waiting for Kris to say something.

He waited a couple hours, but still there were no new messages. It was dark out now, and the bar was at its peak with people. Music was playing in one corner while people played darts and billiards, and others were at tables eating and drinking and laughing with friends. Tao often came alone, so it didn't bother him to see friends together here. He just wished Kris could be with him here too.

By now, he was definitely drunk. Probably as drunk as he was a week ago. To continue his irrational behavior, Tao fearlessly called Kris until he answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me~" Tao said, drawing out his words.

"Are you okay? You sound funny." Kris commented.

"I'm okay, but I would be better if you were here. I'm so lonely." Tao whined.

"Tao, where are you?"

"I'm at the bar."

"Why? You shouldn't be drinking. How much have you had already?"

"I don't know. 1... 2... 3... 4... 5..."

"I'm coming to get you. Stay there."

It didn't take long for Kris to arrive. He made his way across the loud place, as he found Tao sitting at the bar.

"Oh my gosh, you're here!" Tao said joyously, wrapping his arms around Kris.

His face was a light shade of red from drinking so much and his voice was slurred. He was definitely wasted.

"You shouldn't be here, let's go."

"Aw, you do care. Just let me finish this one!"

"No, let's go."

"Why? You're not my boyfriend. You don't like me like that." Tao said, poking Kris's chest.

"Don't say things you don't know." Kris demanded.

Tao was too drunk to catch his hint and his emotions began to spiral out of control.

"Why don't you like me? I like you." Tao said, frowning to a point like he looked like he would cry.

"Tao, stop. Let's go to my place and we can talk, okay?"

Tao grabbed his beer to drink it, but Kris took it away and paid for everything. It was so expensive, he had to have had several shots on top of almost ten beers. Tao whined about drinking as Kris helped him walk out of the bar and get into his car. Tao said many things that didn't make any sense on the way to Kris's apartment.

Getting him into the apartment was challenging because he wanted to fall over as if he had no support. Kris opened his apartment and walked Tao to the couch, then went to the kitchen for food so Tao could sober up a little. He returned to Tao, who had already passed out on the couch in what seemed to be an uncomfortable position. Kris did all he could and took his shoes off and covered him with a blanket before going to bed himself.

He hadn't planned for a drunken Tao to call him, nor did he plan to help him. It just happened. Just like Tao's drunk confession happened. He'd have to deal with that when Tao sobered up, which would give him some time to think about how he actually felt.


Can you guess where this is gonna go!?! I bet you can't!!!

Jk you probably can.

Only one part left ;-; so sad