Part 1

Saving Him

Warning - potential trigger warnings 


 

Everyone in the room was tense. People were gripping their seats or biting their nails, while some where whispering incoherent words under their breath. It was the last game of the season, and everyone was at the bar, watching. Mere seconds were left, and the chances of winning were half and half. Everyone came to the bar in hopes of celebrating, but in the last two seconds, the other team won by one point, causing groans and angry shouts from many people.

 

The bar cleared out, but Tao remained. He hoped the team would win so he could get wasted, but since they lost, he found a new reason. Throughout the game he had already had multiple drinks, and now he was taking a few shots. How much had he drank? He couldn't remember. His head hurt and he knew he passed his alcohol limit. He just wanted to go home now.

 

Tao stumbled out of the bar, leaning against the brick doorway for a moment before taking a shortcut into an alleyway infrequently visited. Though his gaze was hazy, he could still see shapes, and what he saw then was not pretty. A man donning all black stabbed another man to death. He screamed as the knife pierced his body, while his attacker laughed. Tao gasped, a little too loudly, and startled the attacker.

 

"We can't have a witness, now." The attacker said before lunging at Tao. The blade of the knife went through his stomach and he went down on his knees. Eventually he fell over, grabbing his stomach, with a twisted face. The attacker stabbed him again, but he couldn't feel it as much. The alcohol had numbed him and he was sure this was how he was going to die. His eyes closed, for what seemed like forever.


 

"We've got multiple stab wounds to the abdomen. Profuse bleeding. Get him an oxygen mask."

 

Someone found him. An ambulance was here. That meant he wasn't dead. Tao could barely open his eyes, but he could hear almost everything.

 

"1, 2, 3."

 

Hands lifted his body onto something much softer than the ground, and he could feel himself being moved. The oxygen mask was placed on his face and voiced yelled over each other. He didn't know who they belonged to.

 

Tao felt someone open his eyes and shine a light in them.

 

"Looks intoxicated."

 

"I pray that he makes it." A smaller voice said.

 

"Son, can you hear me? Wiggle your fingers if you can."

 

Tao did his best to follow the order but his whole body felt numb.

 

"He's conscious, he can hear us," the voice said.

 

"We're taking you to the emergency room right now. You were attacked in the alley."

 

I know that, Tao thought.

 

Suddenly the vehicle stopped. Tao was transported to the emergency room, where it was declared he would need surgery immediately.

 

"He's drunk."

 

"He's going to die."

 

"Get the room ready."

 

There were too many voices yelling at each other now. Tao worried if he'd die, but then realized it would be okay.

 

It doesn't hurt that much.

 

Tao was being transported again, to a silent room with occasional beeping sounds and hushed breath.

 

"We will begin. Administering fluids."

That was the last thing he heard.


Are you excited for more!? I'm sorry but it's going to be really short..only a few chapters. Subscribe, upvote, freind me, etc and I love you