I'm here to help, not to harm

Beware the Wolves [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Don’t you want to go home?” Chanyeol softly whispered into her ear and softly nibbled on her earlobe. Minji chuckled and turned around in his arms to observe her clothes – or what was once something you could cloth a body with – and sighed. “I’m not quite sure how.” She turned back to Chanyeol who let out a possessive growl that made Minji snuggled her face to his chest as she loved to hear that sound and giggled. Chanyeol got out of her hug and stood up to put on his clothes while Minji wiggled her tightly into the thin blanket that wasn’t so comfy without his warm arms around anymore. He turned around and chuckled “You look like a cute lil tasty burrito!” he placed a kiss on her head and before she could complain that this was NOT what a girl would be called like he put his arms under her packed in the blanket and lifted her up to carry her bridal style. “Chanyeol! I can’t walk around with just a blanket on! I can’t even drive like this!” she squeaked and put one arm around his neck to hold on and holding the blanket with her other hand tightly to her chest. “I will drive.” He proudly announced and stepped outside to the still cool morning air and Minji squeaked from the cold and cuddled her more tightly to his chest. “I don’t think this is a good idea. Do you even know how to drive!?” Chanyeol carried her all the way back to the car, laughing so she felt the vibration of his chest all over. “No, I have actually no idea!"

A horrible first drive lesson later with a lot of surprised screams and even louder car horns they arrived in front of Minji's house. If that was even possible, Chanyeol felt his body filled with the maximum of adrenaline that got him shivery hands and even more crazier thoughts. Mating season kept that boy really in control and if he was not frightened to death from the street he wouldn't know how to behave himself, knowing that Minji sat next to him only in this thin blanket. Minji looked around if there were anybody who could see her, got out of the car and ruffed the end of the blanket to be able to run as quickly as possible into the house, giggling from the craziness of this situation. Exposing only the smallest part of her legs got Chanyeol back on his track and haunted the sheepish girl into her house and closed the door behind him. “I will go dress up and maybe you’d like to have some breakfast then?” she said with blushed cheeks, having no idea what fight was going on inside this handsome boy in front of her, smiling happily before he sniffed a chance to capture her. She was already on her way to her room when Chanyeol snorted and got her back into his arms, peaking on her lips and look in her sweetly surprised eyes. “Breakfast sounds good to my so where do you think you’re going?” He made her backed up into her room to close the door, left the crumbled blanket on the floor behind him.

~

It was somewhere in the afternoon when Minji woke up all by her own. She sat up and pushed the blanket up tightly and clipped it under her armpits and looked around. She was really in her room at home! It wasn't a dream! She looked around because Chanyeol was missing but then remembered, Kris had called Chanyeol a thousand times before Chanyeol finally answered his calls in the morning and to Minji's (still half in her dreams) disappointment he had to go. "He's the leader, I can't decline his order to come home." Minji let herself fall back to her pillow and looked at the ceiling. Chanyeol is a werewolf. Paradoxical to that, she had never felt safer any moment in her life before. She giggled happily in her pillow and inhaled his scent that was still present all around her. There were no worries, no sadness - just him! Thinking back made her linger to hide back into his arms, forget the world around again for another time. She softly hugged her arms and feeling the scratch marks on them and she stretched out her arm in the air and turned it, looking at the love marks he had left on her. Her proof that it really had happened.

Minji curiously jumped out of the bed, got into some short shirt and sport shorts, walking over to the mirror. Compared to the sweet feeling she felt with knowing to be marked was something different when looking at her bruised mirror reflection. From her neck downwards it was like someone had wildly left red and blue dots and red scratches.The first shock slowly got away with when she replayed inside her mind how every of those love marks were created and looked back into the mirror. She saw her heated cheeks, the slim proudest smile and looking at herself flamed her eyes with the sense of delight the same way Chanyeol's admiring eyes always glued on her, only that she was now aware her own and understood the deepth of their hearts. With every touch he had touched not only her body, he had found a way to her heart and soul she had never knew was even possible. When she closed her eyes and opened her heart she knew that he was home, sleeping and dreaming of her. She just knew it and there was no way someone could tell her something different. The bound was too real, too strong. She was a werewolf’s mate.

After cooling down with a refreshing cold shower and dressed comfortable she finally had back her mind for noticing that she didn’t eat anything the whole day and went into the kitchen to get herself something to eat. On the kitchen table there was still the package her aunt had given to her. She first made herself some sandwiches as she was way too hungry and while eating the sandwiches she sat down and opened the package. Minji moaned in surprise into her sandwich, placed it back on the plate and clapped off her hands from crumbs before she put the wrapping tissue away from the Wine red lapel poncho she got out of the package and held it right in front of her. It was the same kind that her aunt was wearing as well! She felt the heavy but soft cotton between her fingers but there lied something more important to it than the luxurious material. She stood up and while walking to the mirror in her room she put the poncho on and looked at her again in the reflection. She opened her hairs and they fell in waves down, making it look really pretty to the red of the poncho. She turned a few times and got more excited. “It really fits you well, beauty.” Someone said and Minji spun around to the door, looking at Byunghun leaning against the door frame and smiled to her.

Only now Minji screamed - a late impact from the shock he gave her - and he quickly put his index finger to hush her to shut up “Psht, don’t dare to scream, beauty.”. Minji really stopped but more to take a closer look at him: from head to toe he was dressed black, over his chest there were a bullet belt and she saw a dagger bent around his leg and from his heavy-looking boots another shaft of a knife glanced out. When she looked back at his face he cracked an amused smile and only added to Minji's fear that he probably was a killer! “I know, I’m late, I was supposed to find a way to talk to you way earlier but wolfboy always creeps around you and I'm not allowed to kill him...soo..” he shrugged his shoulders “What…Are you crazy, Byunghun?” Byunghun raised his hands and chuckled  “Hold up, I was just joking! Anyway, I should ask you if you’re crazy!?” he chuckled and pointed to his neck "Don't be so surprised, you'd better wear a scarf or something. If only your parents knew..." and turned around and left the room with a wild chuckle. Minji - red faced from the insanely humiliation - just waited that something would bite her so she would finally wake up from that craziness but the only bite she got was the anger inside because Byhunghun was such a pain in the . His calmness made her scared and his appearance, the knifes, his weird smirk....he must be a psycho killer!

As he didn't appear with a knife high rised over his head to rip her off to pieces or something, she carefully looked for him and found him in the kitchen, calmly eating her sandwiches. “W-wh…” “Your aunt sent me so you don’t need to mistrust me. Hmm seemed you have a talent for making those.” he said while chewing, leaning back in the chair. Minji didn’t want to believe him a single word that he was talking about, yet she couldn’t stop staring at him and waited for him to explain himself. He his fingers after finishing the last one and crossed his hands behind his neck, looking up to her. “Staring so shamelessly long at me, I’m really surprised you still don’t know who I am.” Minji shook her head and Byunghun rolled his eyes annoyed. He stood up and grabbed one of the revolvers of the input and Minji shrieked up and fell to the floor when he pulled out the revolver to flip it around his finger and held the trigger to her instead against her. As no sound of a shot came and Minji looked with her whole body shivering up to him she finally understood. “You…are you…a werewolf…” “-hunter, please. I’m a werewolf hunter. And if your parents had been wise they would have raised you to one of us too, not trying to hide you from your destiny.” As Minji didn’t move a centimeter, Byunghun sighed and walked over to handle her the revolver, almost roughly pressed it into her hand and closed her fingers around it and turned his back to her to curiously look around in the house. Minji stood up, her legs wobbly like pudding, and followed him with the gun in her hand. “This is not mine and it's not even loaded anyway. I’m not stupid. Just have a look at it.” he said without really caring about her but walked over to the wall with the family pictures and observed them with slim narrowed eyes and a cracked a smile.

Minji felt the cold and heavy metal in her hands and was really scared. She had never held a weapon like this in her hand before but she looked at it with curiosity and held it slightly against the light. In silver letters she could read a way too familiar name on the small shift of the gun. “This is my aunt’s name!” she gasped and jumped up and grabbed Byunghun by his arm “Where do you have this!? What are doing here with me!?” she said angrily, thinking he was playing some nasty stupid joke with her. “Wow, the beauty’s awaking?” Minji snorted. May it be from holding a weapon that gave her the strengths to have the guts to boil up or that stupid grin on his face, but she was that fed up that she rushed over, held the trigger right to his head and pushed him to the wall, a metallic click was heard and Minji felt weight on her fingers as they closed around the metal. “Don’t joke any longer with me!” “Wow, wow! Your aunt was right with better putting out the monition. Your family blood is such a strong line." With ease he put her arm down and held her wrist that tight that she let go of the revolver and hissed in pain."Even nobody had told you how to unlock and hold a gun, here you stand and did this all within seconds.” He chuckled and let her have a look at his gun he put out of his holder and sighed "I thought we had some time before start with training sessions but as you're so motivated..." he glanced up just to see another time the confusion inside her eyes. He shouldn't be so mean to her but what else of an option he had? The werewolf hunter world was a cold one, she'll better start to know that from the very first time. “First lesson! Always be prepared for the unprepared. Second: Be prepared means to be equipped 24/7." He held his hands over hers, made some quick hand moves and took position way faster than Minji could follow. "Third one and my favorite...be always in control of the situation.” She felt the cold metal against her temples as he had spun her around and took over the situation by holding the gun now against her. “See this? One second you were the one holding a weapon against me, now it's my turn. With the small difference that my weapons are always ready to kill!”

Out of reflex that Byunghun stood too close to her - Chanyeol's marks should have warned him to stay away from a mate - she took a big swing and kicked his shin. He screamed up going down to the floor. “What do you want from me?” she said angrily and Byunghun still hissed, rubbing the pain away and looked up to her with and grimaced face “How often I have to repeat myself!? Goddamnit, your aunt sent me. I’ll bring you to your parents and to your sister. They’re waiting for you.” he said and stood up to step away a bit from her to not get hit a second time. "You really dare to hit me while I hold a gun against you? Are you crazy or something?" Minji snorted and crossed her arms in front of her chest "There was no click." "WHAT?!" "There were no click sound as you held it against me. The revolver was not unlocked." She looked back at him and found him with an wide opened mouth as she had really found out that he was only playing with her. "Wow! I'm...quite...wow." he scratched his neck, confused and for a moment really losing control over the situation what he really ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter