The sweetness of first touch

Beware the Wolves [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days later Minji grabbed her little sister and went grocery shopping with her. She checked her shopping list and Sajin was standing in the empty shopping cart and happily jumped around. “Sajin can’t you stay still for a while?” Minji mumbled concentrated, meanwhile the little girl clambered out of the cart and looked around. She really wanted to help her big sister with shopping, because she was a big girl, too! “I want to help unnie!” she looked up to Minji and a proud smile appeared on Minji’s lips. “Okay. You can look for a bottle of milk, right behind this shelf. I will be back right away and don’t talk to strangers, okay?” she said and Sajin nodded excited and was already gone to the direction where Minji had pointed out. When Sajin was right in front of the cooling shelf from where they always took the milk Sajin jumped up on her feet to reach the bottle of milk but she was too small for it. “Uh” she sighed and stepped back to look at the bottle. How was she supposed to reach it when it was so high? Sajin cramped her armpits back and jumped up again, effortless. She bit her tongue and frowned her head and didn’t notice that someone was watching her, amused by the little girl that tried so hard to reach the bottle and decided to help her. Suddenly a hand reached for her bottle and held it right in front of her. Sajin looked first to the bottle right in front of her face and grabbed it with both of her tiny hands before she looked at the tall young man who shyly smiled to her. “T-thank you, sir.” The small girl stuttered and hugged the bottle tight to her chest. “Sajin?” her sister called and the little girl ran away with the bottle in her hands and disappeared behind the next store shelf.

Chanyeol smiled when Kyungsoo stood next to him, and looked wondering up to the big-eared boy “Chanyeol, I told you to get some milk not to stare holes in the air.” and Chanyeol looked down to him, his smile vanished when he looked at the really serious man in front of him “Huh? Ah yeah I almost got one.” He said and senselessly grabbed another bottle. Accidentally the soy milk Kyungsoo didn’t like, but he would only find out when it’s too late. “What do we need else?” he asked as he wanted to be helpful has he can. Even that super big super market was like a labyrinth of shelves, food and annoying noises like the endless beep-beep from the checkout counter. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and wagged the shopping list in front of Chanyeol’s nose “We need lot of things. I will look for vegetables and fruits, go and search for the rest. But don’t think I can’t see what you’re doing.” and pierced with his big eyes the intimidated taller, who didn’t know that such a small innocent looking person could give him such a fierce look.
“I have my eyes everywhere!” Kyungsoo whispered and Chanyeol gulped and nodded shortly, then Kyungsoo pressed the shopping list in Chanyeol’s hand. “Well then, nice shopping!” Kyungsoo said widely grinning, too awkward to call it friendly, and walked away, holding back his frustrated sigh until he was around the next corner. He spoke a silent apologize to the newbie. It was unfair to be that unfriendly but since Kris told him, he had to be. Kyungsoo wondered by himself, if Kris really knew what he was doing with the new one because Kyungsoo didn’t understand a thing about all the fuss. He shrugged his shoulders, Chanyeol wouldn't be too scared, right?

Meanwhile, scared stiff Chanyeol observed the list and when he had the guts to move again he was on his way to collect all the things as fast as possible. He didn't want Kyungsoo to need waiting to long for him. Who knew what he would do if Chanyeol didn't find everything in time! Chanyeols steps immediately got bigger and hurried up, but the more he had carried on his arms the more complicated it got for him to carry the things around. With full arms he had to look how people gazed at him strangely and he felt watched all the time. When he had found all the things that were on the list he tried to find Kyungsoo and walked with full hands and stuff stuck up under his chin to him. “Kyungsoo, I’ve found all things.” He said proudly behind all the things he carried and Kyungsoo looked up from the fruit stall where he just had tested some really delicious watermelon. For him, grocery shopping was always his favorite activity, he loved the nice music playing along in the super market and the many snack stands he could try really delicious food. He could be here for hours! When he heard Chanyeol's voice behind a pile of packages and cans with two long legs, he raised his eyebrows and sighed. He pointed the snack pike at the overloaded punk in front of him and scolded Chanyeol  “You know that you actually don’t need to carry all the things in your hands like this but put it in a cart or shopper basket?” Chanyeol's head appeared from one side and looked to Kyungsoo and mumbled an embarrassed "oh". He looked around until he saw some empty shopping baskets and walked toward it and put his groceries in one of them until it was filled till the top.

Satisfied that he had done right this time, he walked back to Kyungsoo who already stood there, watching him, and shook his head, his arms crossed in front of his chest. "Do you think we're already finished?" he asked and Chanyeol, who had the bad feeling that he did something wrong again, nodded in slow motion but decided to shook his head then instead. "But your basket is already full. If you buy many things you need to go and bring a shopping cart with you." Kyungsoo snorted amused. "But it's okay for today. For this time it's okay, since I have a basket myself too." he pointed to his basket where only some apples and oranges lied inside "But think about it next time. Let's go." And walked away, disappointing Chanyeol right behind him. Kyungsoo secretly smiled about the clumsy ball of nerves, that was constantly thinking about chocolate chip cookies he had secretly searched all the time while looking for the things on the list. Chanyeol of course didn't know that Kyungsoo knew about his struggle - too concentrated he observed the many reclamation signs and commercials where nowhere was something written about his cookies. He had already a headache from the loud noises and his eyes that were constantly looking from left to right made it even worse. Chanyeol sighed, he gave his last cookie package to the girl when he left with his things that night, but now he lingered for some cookies. "Ah Chanyeol." Kyungsoo said and turned his head back to the cookie lover. "I guess, I forgot something can you look for some cookies? Jongin asked me to bring him some. Just go the next shelf right and then straight to the left shelf on the back. I'll wait at the checkout counter. But hurry up." he said and grabbed Chanyeol's basket to carry it himself. Chanyeol smiled bright and hurried away, his eyes jumping from right to left to not miss the shelf with the sweets.

"Sajin! Can you please put it back again?" Someone said before the little girl from the milk shelf ran around the corner and dribbled hastily around his legs, giggling happily with five packs of gummy bears in her arms and quickly threw them into a lonely shopping cart which was already good filled. A girl his age was right after the small girl and bumped right into him and just dropped her things she held in her hands.


"Ah shillyehamnida." Minji quickly said and bowed a few times before she knelt down to pick up her stuff. How embarrassing!!  The man knelt down too and helped her but suddenly he touched her hand for a second the moment they reached for the same package of cookies. Minji looked up, right in the man’s eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter