xvi

A Wolf's Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Sixteen

With the help of over thinking and replaying Baekhyun's aiding words from yesterday in your mind, you finally thought of a way to tell Jongin how you felt about him. You had planned to make it as simple as a confession could get.

By this, you meant you were going to ask for his necklace. A weird way to say 'I like you', but it was sure to get the message across considering that necklace literally meant the world to Jongin.

Other than telling Jongin how you felt, you also thought of ways to tell him other things you had planned to discuss with him. Such things you wanted to talk about included; Agreeing to continue living here with him but with the exception of going to visit whoever whenever you pleased, going into town without having to be watched over like a child, and basically telling Jongin that you had the freedom to do things that were reasonable.

You paced around his bedroom (which could have been considered yours now since you were the one who slept and stayed in here almost all of the time), biting your thumbnail as you argued with yourself on how to approach him.

Jongin, I want to wear your necklace.

You shook your head at the thought. It was too forward.

Listen, Jongin, I've been thinking about it and I want your necklace.

Even worse.

Jongin oppa, can I please wear your necklace?

A sharp sound filled the room as you slapped your cheeks in embarrassment and annoyance. Never in a million years would that sentence ever leave your lips nor would you ever call Jongin 'oppa'. The mere thought of calling him that didn't sit well in your gut.

"Do you have some type of motive for walking around the room like you're waiting for something bad to happen?"

As you quickly spun around to see who was witnessing your mental arguing, you lost your footing and bumped into the dresser. Grasping the wooden furniture in your haste, you regained your unsteady balance.

"You're a real klutz, you know that?" You nervously laugh, looking up to see Jongin grinning amusedly back at you. He was about to walk over to help you when you held out a hand to stop him. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." You straightened yourself, continuing to lean against the dresser as you tried to play off the fall you had just taken. Trying to hide the fact that your cheeks were turning a rose color, you asked, "Is there a reason why you're randomly here?"

"Well, last time I checked, this was my room. Do I really need a reason for wanting to come into my own room?" Jongin's grin broadened as he gave you his witty reply. He stepped into the bedroom and proceeded to shuffle over to the bed before plopping down on it. Looking up at you, he patted the spot next to him,"Now, care to explain why you're just repeatedly walking around?"

Slowly walking over to him and sitting down beside him, you answered,"I was just thinking about some things."

Knowing that you were avoiding his stare, Jongin bent forward and peered into your face. "What kind of 'things'?"  Leaving him with no answer, Jongin bit the inside of his mouth thoughtfully. "Are you thinking about tomorrow?"

Tomorrow.

You pondered over what was special about tomorrow until it hit you that tomorrow is when the moon would finally be full. That meant that Jongin would show you his 'wolf form'. The event had completely slipped your mind and you suddenly felt even more nervous remembering it.

Jongin took your silence as a reply and asked,"Are the thoughts personal?"

"Sort of."

"Then in that case, you don't have to tell me." He smiled at you before leaning back, supporting himself up with his hands pressed against the mattress.

A comfortable silence filled the air around you two, giving you time to build up the courage to tell Jongin what's been bothering you since yesterday. Drawing in a breath and letting it out shakily, you looked back to face Jongin.

"Does Suho still have everyone's necklaces?"

"Mhm, he does," Jongin nodded,"why?"

This was it. This was your chance to tell him and you were going to take it.

"I just, uh, wanted to know since I wanted to wear your, um, necklace." Your voice was at a normal tone in the beginning of your sentence but by the time you said your final word, your voice was barely above a whisper. Halfway through your sentence, you were unable to maintain eye contact with Jongin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter