xv

A Wolf's Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Fifteen
 

You found it amazing how fast the bond between you and Jongin had became closer after he brought you to that flower meadow three days ago. It was as if something inside him awoke and demanded him to know more about you and spend as much time as possible with you. He still resigned to sleeping in Kyungsoo's room, claiming he didn't want to invade your personal space again unless he needed to in important matters.

In the time span of those days, Jongin had probably asked well over hundred questions regarding your life before you ended up here. Some of those questions included the schools you had attended, the number of family members and friends you have, and some other questions you'd expect to be asked by a younger child.

You were currently in the living room, feet tucked under you, as you read yet another book Kyungsoo gladly lent to you. Jongin was currently in the 'backyard', making it clear he would be back soon when he was sitting next to you moments ago, so you found it an opportunity to read. You hadn't a clue where the others were but their absences didn't affect you.

Just as you were turning a page of the book, feet padded into the room.

"Has anyone seen--," Baekhyun abruptly stopped his sentence upon seeing you. "Oh, it's you."

Looking up to see him, a bowl in his hand with a spoonful of Special K in the other that was halfway up its journey to his mouth, you pursed your lips together in a strained smile. Baekhyun still acted cold towards you but there were times where he'd see you and not automatically scrunch his nose up in disgust. You liked to believe that he was letting his guard down around you and beginning to see you as an actual human being and not something he stepped on outside.

"Have you seen Chanyeol?" He questioned before shoving the spoon of cereal in his mouth.

You shook your head in response,"No, sorry. You can ask Jongin, though? He just went out back a few minutes ago."

Swallowing the food in his mouth, Baekhyun cocked his head to the side,"Jongin, eh? He finally raised his tail from between his legs to tell you his given name?'"

Fishing for another spoonful, he timidly walked to the couch opposite of where you sat. Sitting down gingerly as to not spill his food, he crossed his legs and looked pointedly at you. Fidgeting under his intense gaze, you set the opened book face-down on your lap to hold your reading place.

"So, how do you like staying here?" Baekhyun attempted to make small talk with you for the first time since you've arrived here.

You nearly gaped at the brunette in front of you from pure shock. Instead, you collected yourself and replied,"It's alright."

"Just alright? I was expecting for you to say something along the lines, 'I want to go home and call the cops on all of you' instead of an 'alright'." He looked at you with amusement. "Aren't you homesick? Don't you miss everyone?"

"Of course I do." You knitted your eyebrows together in confusion. Why was he asking you these questions? Was he trying to tease you?

"Then why are you still here?" A grin tugged at his lips as Baekhyun set his cereal bowl down on the coffee table. "Do you know how many opportunities you've had to run away? You're in Kai's room nearly all day and you're going to tell me that you just sit there reading instead of trying to climb out of the window again?"

His words hit you like bricks as realization dawned upon you. You didn't want to admit it but he was absolutely right. You could've been long gone by now if you snuck out of the window since no one really kept an eye on you. Why didn't you think of such a thing sooner?

Feeling stupid and ashamed, you gazed down at the book in your lap. Nothing was seriously stopping you from escaping, especially at the dead of night. Well, maybe there was Jongin who nearly begged you to stay but why were you listening to his requests? Thinking of being able to easily get away sounded satisfying enough for you to actually try it but a certain someone crossed your mind as you contemplated on the idea of escape.

You couldn't ignore the thought of how Jongin would feel if he walked into his room to see no sign of you and an opened window. You imagined him to be heartbroken, thinking of how you really did hate him for making you to stay here. The mere thought of Jongin being upset caused a dull ache to settle in your heart.

"Let me rephrase my question," Baekhyun continued his interrogation, pulling you away from the self war you were having mentally,"What's keeping you from leaving this place?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter