Chapter II

hey let me your genes

There will be an a/n at the end :)

 


 

     Jongdae takes back what he said two hours ago because no, it is no longer McGorgeous but McGoJumpOffACliff. Throughout the hours of practice, Jongdae has face palmed himself approximately ten times, groaned around fifteen and rolled his eyes around forty. Not only was the weather insanely horrifying but also he reckons the golfer is even more so. Jongdae supposes that the said comment is probably an understatement but he’s a nice person after all.

 

     (Baekhyun, on the contrary, doesn’t think he’s nice at all. But then again, that’s just Baekhyun being a big annoying baby because of that one time Jongdae accidentally knocked over the bleach onto Baekhyun’s new shoes. It was only one time, Jongdae would argue every time his friend brings it up. They weren’t even nice shoes anyway. If the bleach hadn’t been knocked over that day, he would have rather bleached his own eyes. Like, seriously, what kind of person wears shoes that look like the sandals that Jesus wore to the last supper? Jongdae may be a science geek but he knows what decent clothing is. The bleach was probably holy water sent from God. Amen.)

 

     Jongdae’s dragging himself back to the main area with his shoulders sagging and feet heavy. It’s his awaited break before another three hours of ball chasing and he wishes the day would already be over. From a distance, he sees Baekhyun at the pool with folded towels clinging over his arm and is conversing with a customer. He’s just about to wave when he realises that Baekhyun’s flirting with the customer and grouchily brings down his hand. Damn Baekhyun and his social butterfly genes.

 

     There are times in life when Jongdae had wished Baekhyun got his father’s awkward personality than Mrs. Byuns extroverted one. Ugh, why her genes? But there are too many genes. Jeans? Genes? Beans? He doesn’t even know anymore.

 

     Baekhyun seems to have seen him too and initiates an excited, and somewhat smug, wave. It’s not even a wave, more like a flick of the wrist (Jongdae dryly laughs to himself). Jongdae makes his way over as Baekhyun finishes up his talk with a giggle and coy smile. He internally gags but nonchalantly stares at the flirtatious act.

 

     “Hiya Jongbutt,” Jongdae chokes, “how was day half day with blondie?”

 

     Jongdae refuses to make eye contact with Baekhyun and walks past the pool and into the restaurant. “It was okay,” he grits out.

 

     Baekhyun gives him a mischievous smile, which means ‘I’ll let you go for now but I’ll hunt you down later’, and strides up to Luhan who’s cleaning the wine glasses. “Lulu, guess who has a crush?” Baekhyun singsongs.

 

     Cue the choking once again from Jongdae. He pities himself honestly.

 

     Luhan doesn’t react as positively as Jongdae would have thought, which is weird because when is Luhan never positive? Never. But it’s only when Jongdae is right next to Luhan and catches him gazing into the distance. Jongdae follows his line vision and spots a tall girl plating up a meal in concentration.

 

     A light bulb flickers on on both of Jongdae and Baekhyun’s head. Jongdae grimaces slightly but Baekhyun asks, “I thought you only dig lecturers and not chefs?”

 

     Luhan splutters and almost drops the wine glass. “What?” he hisses.

 

     “Eh, don’t even bother Lulu,” Baekhyun interrupts whilst analysing the lady, “Sehun is way out of your league.”

 

     Luhan’s shoulders falter and Jongdae can only pat his shoulder in pity. They both do it to each other a lot because, you know, that’s a sacrifice you need to make when befriending Byun Baekhyun.

 

     Jongdae is just about to make a grab for that delicious looking garlic bread when Baekyun cuts him short. “So, are you still gonna tell me about your day?”

 

     Jongdae could always make a run for it, but then he would get fired. However, getting fired sounds very appealing right now? First world problems, ah. He stiffly shrugs and grabs a chair instead, “He’s just a jerk, that’s all.”

 

     Baekhyun doesn’t look like he believes him, but he even believes in the grudge so why bother? He continues to stare at Jongdae; eyes seem to be stripping his layers apart to reveal the secrets within his soul. Jongdae shudders and admits defeat. “Okay so he’s hot – but has a foul mouth!”

 

     Baekhyun and Luhan share a look and also take a seat. “Do explain to me my lovely one,” Baekhyun drawls out with Luhan nodding his head furiously.

 

     Jongdae retells his day so far. He begins with the embarrassing first encounter and the little flatulence that Junmyeon let out. Being immature twats, they laugh at that part. He continues with the dispute over the golf carts and how neither of them can drive. So they both had to end up walking over the golf fields all day. Junmyeon is fit, obviously, so he was apparently fine whilst Jongdae wheezed every five seconds. Jongdae is extremely unfit, and despite knowing this, Junmyeon still made him go fetch the neglected balls. God dammit Junmyeon.

 

     “He told me that I might as well roll because I’ll roll faster than I run!” Jongdae shrieks in despair as his friends snigger at him.

 

     But boy, if they thought that that was it, they sure are wrong.

 

     Jongdae had picked up that Junmyeon is very irritable in the hot weather – making him ten times more infuriating than when they first talked. He had so many remarks thrown at him that he feels like he should go to meditate for ten years and purify his soul.

 

     “His insults were so weird and dumb but they cut me so deep,” Jongdae whines. “I mean, to a normal person this would be just off putting but guess what he said to me when I accidentally dropped the golf bag.”

 

     His friends lean in, eyes sparkling with anticipation for the best insult ever. Jongdae lets out a pathetic whimper and whispers, “He said I was more despicable than a minion”.

 

     Baekhyun falls out of his chair and Luhan bangs his hands onto the table. Jongdae shrinks down and pouts while watching his friend laugh hysterically because they know about his immense dislike for minions. In the end, Baekhyun and Jongdae are kicked out of the restaurant and Luhan receives his first strike.

 

     (Luhan secretly thinks it’s worth it because he saw his crush – Sehun was it? – laugh at him.)

 

     It’s another hour of adventuring the whole resort until his timer goes off for the next practice session. Jongdae sighs as he departs from the pool where Baekhyun is serving a drink. He mentally wails to himself and sulks as he sees Junmyeon with his golf bag all ready.

 

     Just three more hours, Jongdae encourages himself, just three more hours. In three hours, he’ll be done. In three hours, he’ll be away from Junmyeon. In three hours, it’ll be five o’clock and he can have dinner.

 

     It’s going to be hell and he can bet on it.

 


 

a/n: If I have offended anyone with my dry sense of humor, I am so sorry ;_; I also apologise for the very late update! It was hard to find inspiration to continue writing this chapter, but thankfully I did :) I'll also update the preview of this fic and add some extra notes (like the ages and genders c:) to inform you guys about it. I hope you aren't too disappointed?

Anyways, have a lovely day everyone~

(Did anyone picked up on the HSM reference? Heh ^^)