Chapter I

hey let me your genes

There will be an a/n at the end of the chapter :)

 


   

Kim Jongdae is mad, no – he’s furious, outraged, immensely offended and other-synonyms that exist in the English language. If only he had his enormous encyclopaedia, his favoured one about the human anatomy, here right now he would not hesitate to smash it in someone’s face.

 

   There are only three things in this world that Jongdae loathes the most: someone lying to him, someone fooling him because that’s his job and finally Luhan’s laugh.

 

    Byun Baekhyun, the little runt that's always messing up his life since day one, has somehow managed to do all three things in a total of half an hour. Baekhyun can’t even choose his outfit in half an hour yet he can anger Jongdae. What did he try to achieve, a world record?

 

   Jongdae had the most wrenching gut feeling on the last day before summer break and he knew he should have listened to it. (Although that might have due to the dodgy looking burrito he ate for lunch. No one needs to know that). He’s always right and why did he even question himself? Oh, because his best – he means ex best – friend had actually looked painfully pitiful that he somehow fell into the trap.

 

   “Please! Chanyeol is going on vacation with his high school sweet heart and I will not be the third wheel again!”

 

   Jongdae didn’t budge from his book and only replied with a non-committed, “Uh-huh.” He flipped a page and wow, the human is actually amazing.

 

   Baekhyun only whined and stomped his feet, “What I’m trying to say is that I can’t just go alone with Luhan to the resort. He’d just take away all the ladies and I’d end up alone and lonely.” He had fallen to his knees and looked up at Jongdae.

 

   This was the moment when he had the gut feeling but stupidly ignored it. Gah, he thinks, what an idiotic move. He only caved in because of two not-really-worth-it reasons. One being that Baekhyun’s parents owns the most extravagant resort and the second being that he’d never been there before. It was his life goal to go there.

 

   Now here they are, Jongdae still gaping at Baekhyun while Luhan laughs on the sideline. The sound of Luhan’s laughter is actually making his ears ache and his head spin – what a feral laugh. His eyes sting and crap, is that a tear swelling? He shakily holds up his hand in frustration, points at Baekhyun with accusation and shouts, “You lied to me!”

 

   Baekhyun doesn’t comment and has the audacity to smile smugly at him. That’s it, he thinks, I’m going to murder him with my burning tongs from the science club. “I didn’t exactly lie now, did I? I told the truth but just left some minor details out.”

 

   Jongdae remains frozen in his spot and thinks, “.” Baekhyun cackles at him because looks like he thinks a bit too loudly.

 

   “Calm your dude, it’s only a part time job for the summer. You aren’t going to die.” Baekhyun smiles his sweetly sick smile and for a moment, Jongdae shudders. It’s not just a part time job. It’s a part time job where he has to run. He avoided the athlete club for a reason and joined the science club instead. Did Baekhyun not hear him? Does he need to dumb down the lingo for his dumb friend? Jesus.

 

   At this point, Jongdae gives up and his shoulders sag in defeat. Well, he thinks, at least he’s getting paid right? He shouldn’t get his hopes up though.

 

   Baekhyun pats his back and he earns a kick in the shin from a sulky Jongdae. He yelps and backs away. Yeah that’s right, know your place you dog. Baekhyun puffs in annoyance, “I’m not a dog you head. You’re gonna be the dog, fetching balls for your lovely master.” Yikes, he thought to loudly again. He needs to fix that.

 

   Yep, Jongdae is officially done with Baekhyun’s ty and decides to change into his uniform. He rethinks about this whole situation while he’s tugging on his bow tie. No wonder Baekhyun had asked for his personal details, hiding it by saying it was actually for the accommodation. Speaking of accommodation, “Where am I staying Baek?”

 

   “In the dorms,” Baekhyun replies as if it was completely obvious. It’s obvious that Jongdae will later murder Baekhyun by choking him with his eyeliner. Serves him right.

 

   Jongdae changes into his uniform and then closes his locker with a deep sigh. Along with Luhan, the three of them head out to the staff room to check where their designated jobs are. Jongdae squints at where his name is and the location he needs to be at: ‘Rose Gold Garden Wing’. He nods to himself because he totally knows where that is, not really, and decides that it’s a super fancy name – too fancy to comprehend to be quite honest.

 

   He bids a goodbye to Luhan and purposely ignores Baekhyun as he strides out with a new will of determination. He can do this, he is amazing and perfect and he can do this. He hears his mother chanting to him in his head. He smiles at the thought and walks on the pathway.

 

   It’s a ten-minute walk to the specific rich looking penthouse and luckily arrives a few minutes before the assigned time. You’re assigned with the new rookie golf champion okay? Be sure not to mess things up or else we’re screwed, Baekhyun had warned him. He also added, heard he’s hot and hella rich; please don’t unconsciously stare at his for too long please I beg of you.

 

   Jongdae scoffs at the thought yet he can’t help but notice his trembling leg. “God dammit,” Jongdae groans, “Not now please.” He’s too nervous for his own sake because a famous – yet to be famous he corrects himself – golfer and wow what an honor.

 

   “Why are you talking to yourself?”

 

   Jongdae swiftly turns around at the unfamiliar voice and holy ; this random dude is a combination of Oxygen and Magnesium. He chuckles nervously as his reply and straightens his back, “I wasn’t talking to myself, not really anyway.” He laughs again for good measure. The other man has a neutral, yet judgemental, expression on his face and can he please not stare so much? Eye contact with people is not Jongdae’s forte.

 

   Mr McGorgeous, new nickname courtesy of Jongdae, raises his eyebrows in recognition and his face goes back to expressionless. Jongdae couldn’t help but notice the flick of his brows when they were raised. It’s more on point than my life, Jongdae thinks. The former speaks, “You must be my ball boy right?” There’s a teasing tone to it and Jongdae would hit him if he weren’t a celebrity. No one makes a fool out of Jongdae, no one.

 

   Jongdae cringes at the name because seriously, isn’t there a more scientific way of saying that? He cringes again. “Yeah, I’m your ball boy.” He forces a nervous smile and swings his arms with a thumbs-up. “Hooray,” he cheers weakly.

 

   Mr McGorgeous grunts in response and walks past him. “Get the bags, I need to practice.” Jongdae nods and hurries to retrieve the golf club bag.

 

   He takes a whiff at the air and it suddenly reeks – like a rotten egg. He’s about 99% sure that Mr McGorgeous, (“The name’s Junmyeon by the way. Stop calling me McGorgeous, I can hear your non existent brain working”) had let out a little flatulence. Jongdae thinks it’s okay if he did because either way, Jongdae is definitely blown away.

 


 

a/n: Well, how was it? Hope it met your expectations /chuckles nervously/. Thanks for making it this far into the story, despite it being only the first chapter wow, and I hope you'll continue reading it :) Have a nice day everyone~