Part 5

Merry-Go-Round

Yoona’s POV

 

It's an hour past 12 yet here I am wide awake, staring at the ceiling above.

"Do you still come here?"

I can still recall how you shook your head in disbelief and just smiled at my silliness. I can't help but smile as well.

"Well, what can I do?" my thoughts that time.

While stars outside are sparkling joyously, my own eyes sparkle yet with the absence of glee.

 They're sparkling. Yes, they are. But don't you realize it's because of the tears welling in my eyes? Can't you see the pain I so woefully try to hide? Can't you at least pretend to care?

Oh, I forgot. How silly of me.

I forgot you're so dense in matters like these.

That person was the one with me when you were not. That person was the one who wiped away my tears away when you were the one who made them fall in the first place. That person was the one I had sitting next to me trying to comfort and fix my broken stature.

I can still remember the day you said goodbye, the day you turned your back and never looked back. I can still remember the pain and everything that came with it -- the tears, the isolation, everything.

I haven't forgotten. I'm just trying to act like I have.

That happening was true, mistake me not. It happened, oh, yes it did! It was so painful but I held on with you as the only thought in my head. I held on because of you.

I didn’t give up because of you. I held on because I thought of how sad you might become despite what you did. I still kept on hanging on the ledge and did not allow myself to free-fall into eternal nothingess because of you. YOU.

You’re the one sole reason I’m still standing, I’m still here fighting and living, yet broken and damaged for the rest of my life. I held but somehow, a huge part of me have been broken away and forever crushed and crumbled to pieces.

No, not by that happening, but by you.

Ironic, is it not?

I can only smile right now.

I have momentarily forgotten about it but now I remember. Every detail and with sharp precision. I remember it all now, but I'm beginning to regret the decision, the choice. Of remembering you. The pain came back, the longing, the isolation. I started back in square one.

 

 

These thoughts ran around my head last night, I recall, as I slowly drifted to dreamland.

Looking back, I'm surprised at my own thoughts, as if I wasn't the one thinking, not the one talking. I can only smile today as sunlight streams through the windows and into my room, dousing everything in light. I look outside and marvel at the magnificent sunrise.

Can we also have this kind of situation? Where after a sad closure at night, we always rise as bright as the next day? Can we still fix this brokenness and return everything back to what it was before, to where we left off?

Can’t we start everything anew? Can’t we just press delete and wipe away those unpleasant memories?

I'm being stupid. I shouldn't just overthink.

I smile at my own silliness and idiocy.

How stupid can you get, Im Yoona?! How lowly can you get?

I frustratingly chide myself as I go back into thinking these kinds of thoughts. The kinds where I think everything can still be fixed and mended and be brought back to normal when in fact, it has already shattered a million pieces.

Everything’s already broken. Stop hoping still, Yoona. Never assume and no longer hope. It’ll only hurt you more.

I say to myself as I smile in defeat at my own silly weakness.

Little did I know, a lone tear was making its way down my face and I only realized it when I felt something trailed down my face, and when my vision somehow blurred. I quickly wipe them away afraid of letting my emotions take over me again.

"I shouldn't be like this. I should be strong!" I say to myself as I take a deep breath and close my eyes tight to control my feelings and bottle them all up.

After a few seconds, I open them up, filled with strong yet weak conviction.

"I don't know how long I'll last like this," I whisper to myself. "Can't you just come back to me?"

I sigh.

These last thoughts trailed in my head as I got up and out of my bed and arranged and prepared everything and fixed myself. After everything was done, I take one last look at the room in front of me as I stand by the door, a huge bag in hand with everything valuable inside.

"Guess this would be the last time, then..." I smile as I close the door shut and walk away from everything I've come to know as far as now.

My footsteps echo hauntingly along the hallways and the stairs (as I've decided to take them instead of the elevator) and a sad smile graces my lips. The subtle wind blows as I say my final word before I leave the building's premises.

I take one last glance at the place I know where you and the others will find me, before I put on my glasses and walk away for good.

"Goodbye..."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyya everyone! I'm sorry for keeping you waiting for so long. It's been over a month since my lasy update and uhh... I'm sorry for this very short one! TT.TT

I've been out for quite a while due to academic stuff I have to deal with. -.-

Sorry again for keeping you waiting for long and only write this much. I hope you'll forgive me. m(_ _)m

But there's a reason why I cut this chap short. It bears HUGE significance in the story and would greatly affect the next few chapters if I reveal too much.

And, this time, I'm actually using the characters POV. ^^

Hope you enjoyed this very short update! :)

 

Sincerely,

Author ^^