Part 3

Merry-Go-Round

This is the bonus everyone. I hope you enjoy ~

 

P.S. My mind was kinda floating when I wrote this chapter, so please do forgive me if there are any mistakes and any of the sort. TT.TT m(_ _)m

Don't hesitate to ask questions, though, but I can't promise to answer them all fully since something might spoil. That's all.

Author out and over. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So, you still come here?” her companion asks, a little morose than just plain concern in her tone.

How can I not?

Yoona thinks to herself as she looks at her companion a bit incredulously, raising an eyebrow at the same time.

“What?!” her companion asks apprehensively.

She just shakes her head and sighs in disbelief. Her companion, meanwhile, holds a little more than concern in her eyes. There’s more of pity and glum in her eyes that’s carefully shaded by concern. A quite amazing ability she has – a sad truth lies within that she cannot reveal even if she wants to because of a very painful request made to her.

“Yuri-ya... you know this place, right? You know what it means to me?”

Yuri, Yoona’s companion, is yanked back to reality and broken out of her daze as she is taken aback by Yoona’s sudden question. Her eyes hold panic in them that is carefully masked by her. She gulps down hard, thinking deep what she’s going to answer for a mere slip of the tongue could practically break everything.

“Uhmm… uh.. uhm…” she stutters as she fidgets with her hands.

Yoona then looks at Yuri and smirks at her actions. She then turns to look at Yoona who, by now, is already doubling up in laughter at her incredulous and absurd expression.

“Yu-Yuri-yah…” Yoona says in between fits of laughter.

Yuri raises an eyebrow, a questionable look painted on her face. Then, her brows furrow into a frown and she playfully slaps the laughing doe-eyed girl.

“Ya!” Yuri complains childishly as Yoona stifles her laughing fit. “Stop laughing or I won’t give you an answer. Hmmph!”

Yuri looks away from Yoona pretending to be mad at her bestfriend’s actions but in truth, she’s really thinking of an answer, a believable answer to a question previously raised by Yoona a while ago, an answer she’ll be content with that she would finally stop asking everytime they come here.

Upon hearing the words “not give you an answer”, Yoona’s laughter immediately dies down and a serious expression is painted on her face. She stands up straight and looks at Yuri’s back, intensity and seriousness glowing in her eyes – a greed and hunger for an answer to her question.

Feeling the silence, Yuri’s mind goes overdrive as she tries to twist and turn in her brain back and forth the answer that she’ll give Yoona.

Hopefully she’ll bite it.

Her thoughts run around and her brain looks like it would explode and her eyes are trained seriously but she barely shows any of the sort, except the eyes, on her face. She masks it incredibly good.

I need to be convincing, though. Convincing and believable enough that she’ll ask no more of this, until the right time comes. Until she comes back. IF she comes back.

She continues on talking to herself in her mind while thinking of sorting out answers to give to the doe-eyed girl patiently waiting by her side.

Sensing the other girl’s seriousness on the matter, Yoona just stays put and waits, for she knows that Yuri is thinking about what to say to her. Possibly, thinking of how she’ll react to the answer she’ll give her.

However, Yuri thinks too long and this prompts Yoona to finally speak up.

“Yuri-yah…” Yoona lightly taps Yuri’s shoulder, a look of concern apparent on her eyes. “You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. It’s alright. I know you have reasons.”

Yoona then smiles heartily at her friend who’s already facing her and flashes her a wide grin. A sorry sparkle twinkles in Yuri’s eyes as she responds to Yoona’s smile.

I’m sorry Yoongie-ah… I can’t tell you everything. For now.

Seeing Yuri’s expression brighten up, Yoona takes this as a cue to reiterate her question.

“So… what about your answer?”

“I thought it’s okay if I don’t answer?” Yuri asks playfully, testing Yoona.

Yoona pouts and Yuri laughs.

“Alright, alright. I have your answer.”

Yoona’s eyes sparkle and twinkle, like a child’s when given a very wonderful toy, a gift a child genuinely longs for.

All around, people are going on and about the amusement park. Laughter everywhere and people enjoying themselves, everyone else oblivious to these two people conversing, just as they are to everyone else’s business. People come and go yet the two of them stay at the same place.

Yuri turns away from Yoona and looks at the merry-go-round in front of them filled with kids smiling and laughing, enjoying the ride. The kids are amused and excited by the ride and it clearly shows on their faces. Yuri smiles at the sight.

Yoona follows Yuri’s gaze and smiles as well herself. She fancies seeing the kids’ smiles and laughter as they ride on the merry-go-round – the horses, the carriages, the poles, everything amuses them. She then feels this warm sensation inside her, something tugging in her brain and brings an even wider smile on her face. However, she has this inexplicable underlying feeling of sadness yet she just shakes it off, not bothering for the thought to linger.

“Of course…” Yuri says which snaps Yoona out of her trance and brings about her full attention. “This place is…”

Yuri pauses while Yoona attentively listens, hanging onto every word Yuri utters. The former takes a deep breath to calm herself and not let anything slip before continuing on.

“This place is very special for you, isn’t it?” she blurts out then gives Yoona a cheeky grin.

Yoona smiles and then laughs.

“So you answer a question with a question?”

Yuri just smiles sheepishly at Yoona’s keen observation. The latter just shakes her head and smile.

I really should’ve been more careful. Stupid Yuri!

Yuri mentally chided and hit herself for being stupid yet on the outside, she maintains the sheepish and dumb act.

“Why, of course it’s special!” Yoona goes on, smiling amusedly at Yuri amidst her answer. “It’s my favourite ride after all.”

She looks at the merry-go-round once more and a certain longing boils inside her to which she just smiles. A sad color is apparent in her eyes to which Yuri could empathise.

I wish I could tell you Yoong. But I can’t. I’m sorry.

“I wish I could remember everything.” Yoona suddenly says.

Yuri turns to look at her with shock but she quickly recovers and composes herself before Yoona could turn to look at her and notice her slip up. But Yoona doesn’t look at her. Instead, she hangs her head low and turns her attention to the ground. But for just a second. Yoona returns her gaze back to the merry-go-round.

So, she remembers something?

Yuri’s mind once again goes into overdrive as certain possible scenes flash in her head.  Afraid of what might come after if she doesn’t act, Yuri quickly opens and give more light to her answer.

“This place holds a lot of good memories of you, Yoong. You know that. That’s what makes this super special to you. That’s what this ride means to you – it’s very, very special, holding a lot of wonderful memories. With us, with everyone.”

Yuri quickly adds, hoping to direct Yoona’s attention away from whatever she remembers, whatever thought and memory is running around her head. She hopes to distract the girl enough with her answer that whatever thought is currently running in her head would dissipate upon hearing her words, her added answer.

Yoona smiles as she hears Yuri’s explanation, Yuri’s answer to her question.

It took her long enough to say what I’ve been really looking for.

Yoona thinks as a huge smile graces her lips.

Seeing Yoona’s smile, Yuri knows that she’s successfully done her job. She mentally wipes an invisible sweat on her forehead. She then smiles at her accomplishment and at her friend.

“Thanks Yuri-yah.” Yoona says as a cheeky grin appears on her face.

“You look better when you’re bright like that.” Yuri comments which sends them both laughing.

People turn to look at them both laughing and smile at the wonderful sight then continue on to pass, going to other places. While the two, they still go on with their heartily laughter.

“In exchange for giving me THE answer…” Yoona says, emphasizing on the word ‘the’.

Finally she believed me. At last. Whew! It feels like I just dodged a bullet. Time to tell the others later, so they’ll be forewarned, just in case.

Yuri’s thoughts wander in this direction as she continues on with her act but genuinely smiles at her friend. She’s also waiting for the seemingly lurking price for her answer.

“I’ll treat you for lunch and an all around pass to all rides. FREE!”

Yoona exclaims and Yuri’s eyes sparkle as she hears the word ‘free’.

“You better!” Yuri laughs and so does Yoona. “You own this place girl! It’s just right to treat me and the other girls.”

“You’re lucky this time Kwon! But you girls are absolutely free anyway whenever you have free time and decide to come here and have a blast.”

The two laugh heartily again, enjoying the moment and then turns their attention to the other rides, the other corners of the amusement park.

“So…” Yoona begins saying with a playful look on her face.

Yuri matches her equally, all her worries put aside for the meantime. Time to enjoy herself for the moment and worry about later but she’ll keep her eyes open for any, though she hopes none, repercussions or unwanted reactions.

“Where do you wanna go first Kwon? Better to have lunch later. I don’t want to clean your mess when you throw up.”

Yoona laughs and Yuri playfully slaps her. Again. But Yoona doesn’t mind. She has grown immune with Yuri and her slapping habit.

“Shut up, Im.” Yuri retaliates. “Wherever you think would be good to be first on our list. Everything’s free anyway.”

Yuri shoots Yoona a grin and the twin troopers laugh once more.

“Alright!” Yoona exclaims in high-spirits. “It’s best there first.”

She points to the roller coaster and Yoona and Yuri look at each other then smile. They run off after having an unspoken agreement in their eyes.

Time to enjoy myself. For now. But I’ll keep my eyes open and trained on you Yoong. I’m really sorry. We’re really sorry…

Yuri says in her head as they run off and have some fun for the day.

Yoona laughs as they run along and into the mess of the crowd, unidentifiable by the eye as they plunge themselves into the massive crowd that has gathered in the park. However, unknown to her, a secret lies very deep, not only in Yuri’s eyes to which the latter holds dearly afraid to spill it to her for time is not yet right. The sun just shines as they have the time of their lives and the clouds as free to float up in the air, a contrast to the deep, dark secret that lies under Yoona’s nose and carefully concealed by everyone around.