Chapter 1

Something Like Love

            Chanyeol his thumb and resumed counting his money. He grinned while walking to his car. He really made a good choice on placing his bet on that horse. He can easily win money in horse racing. Next time, he will raise his bet. And in no time, he will be a billionaire.

            “I’m so good at this!” He praised himself. “I can put up my own business. You’ll see, Dad.” He looked at the sky. “I can be rich without your help! Bwahahaha–!”

            He froze when he felt an object poked his side. “Give me your money or I’ll plunge this knife on you.”

            He laughed nervously. “A-Ahjussi, please don’t hurt me. I won’t fight back. Just–”

            “Shut up!” the robber hissed. “Give me all of your money.”

            “A-all of it?” He tightly clutched at his money and simply looked for someone who could help him. He suddenly regretted why he decided to leave early instead of the usual time when all of the patrons are going home. He couldn’t see someone who can help him.

            “Ahjussi, maybe…maybe we can talk about this. I’ll give you half– ”

            “No! Just give me your money or I will kill you.”

            “Okay, okay I’ll give it to you.” Chanyeol slowly put his hands down. He wasn’t ready to let it go. He waited for this moment. For him to finally get the money that he needed for his business.

            He needed the damn money!

            He still thinks of ways on how to get away with the robber with his money still intact. When suddenly out of nowhere, he heard a voice of a man.

            “Hey, what’s going on out there?”

            A tall figure is approaching them. When Chanyeol saw the robber got distracted, he immediately distances himself from him. But the robber was faster and he grabbed the money from Chanyeol and ran.

            “Hey! You ! Give my money back!” When he tries to chase the robber, a strong pair of arms was holding his waist. “What are you doing? Let me go!”

            “Are you out of your mind? Why would you chase that man? You’re already safe here.”

            “But my money is not yet safe!” he whined. The man still has his arms around Chanyeol. “My precious money…”

            “The guy has a knife. Is your safety more important than that damn money?”

            Because he can’t do anything, he turned his attention to the man that is holding him. And for the first time, he had a glimpse of his unwanted hero.

            “Yes!” He snapped. “Because that damn money is my life! What should I do now?”

            “So it’s my fault now? Let me remind you that I saved your life from that robber.”

            “Did I ask for your help? I can take care of myself. I don’t need anyone’s help!” He slapped the man’s chest in annoyance. But the man quickly shielded himself from Chanyeol and that fuelled his annoyance. “I hate you! You ruined my future. If you didn’t intervene, I may still have my money.”

            The man just looked at him. Chanyeol looked at him intently. He noticed that the man in front of him is very good-looking. If he just minded his own business, Chanyeol might have liked him. But his money is more important. He doesn’t care how gorgeous the man is right now.

            “If that money is really important to you then go ahead. Don’t worry, I’ll leave you alone.”

            “Go ahead? How can I get my money back, the robber has escaped?” He looked at the direction where the robber ran off.  He stomped in annoyance and looked at the man. “This is your entire fault! This is really all your fault! You better give my money back.” He opened his palms in front of the man. “That’s 3.5 million won!”

            The man just shook his head. “I can’t believe this.” He just walked to his car. But Chanyeol won’t let that man get away. That was 3.5 million won for Pete’s sake! He draped his body on the door of his car so that the man can’t open it.

            “I won’t let you get away without you paying my money that I have lost because of you.”

            “You think I’ll fall for this? I’m not dumb, Mister.”

            “You’re not dumb, you are just a nosy guy who can’t mind his own damn business. Give me my money.” The man looked like he can give Chanyeol the money that he demands. With that clothes and that latest car model, Chanyeol is sure that the man is rich. His older siblings have this kind of car.

            The man glanced at Chanyeol and he looks like he’s really pissed about the situation. But what he didn’t expect is that the man will place his arms on either side of Chanyeol. Now, he can’t go anywhere.

            He brought his face near Chanyeol’s. “You really think I will fall for this? I know that you are a con man and that robber is your accomplice. You acted like that man robbed you when you saw me walking towards my car. And when I helped you, you let the robber run away with your so-called ‘money’. And now, you would blame me so that you can have instant money without any difficulty. Pretty conventional, I must say. But you won’t get away with it.”

            “What are you saying? That’s my money–”

            “Let me tell you something, Mister. If you think that I can fall on your trap then you’re wrong. I am Wu Yifan.” He poked his forehead. “Don’t make a fool out of me.”

            “I am not–”

            “Sir, do we have a problem here?”

            Two patrol guards approached them. He can ask for their help so that this man can learn his lesson.

            “Yes–”

            “This man is a con artist.” The man pointed at him. “Bring him to the precinct.”

            “What?!” Chanyeol was surprised when the guards hold his arms. “I am not a con artist. Let me go!”

            “You have the right to remain silent…” the guards said.

 

-----------------------------

           

            “All you ever did is to bring disgrace to this family, Chanyeol! This is the third time that you got yourself in a mess! And this time, we found you in jail!”

            Chanyeol frowned while trying to block out the scene in front of him. His father and his two older brothers looks like they are ready to devour him anytime with the look on their faces. He tried imagining their faces as those cartoon characters he always saw on television when he was not doing anything with his life. But it was not effective, since all of their glass furniture almost break with his father’s booming voice.

            “If it wasn’t for your brothers, you will still be in jail! You’ll be imprisoned of robbery, of all cases! Our family is rich, for Pete’s sake!”

            “Chanyeol, are you really bored with your life and you decided to rob a man?” His brother Sungbin said.

            “You know, Yeol. That’s okay.” His brother Taejoon said. “But the problem is, you don’t know how to choose a man to mess up with. You know who filed a criminal case against you? “ He ignored his brother. “That man is Kris.”

            “He’s Wu Yifan!” His father shouted. It looks like he doesn’t have any plans on calming down. “A Wu! Their family is the reason why we are making names on the business world, Chanyeol. Because of them, we won’t be experiencing all of this luxury. Why did you do that, Chanyeol? What more do you need, huh?”

            “Nothing.”

            “So why did you do that, Chanyeol?” Sungbin queried.

            “Nothing.”

            Chanyeol know that even if he explained himself, they will just continue to scold him. This happens everytime he found himself in a mess. He’s tired of explaining himself when they will not listen to him. So he just let them think what they want.

            As his family continues to scold him, he just sighed and looked out the window. He suddenly remembered the man that got him into this mess. Damn that man! If it wasn’t for him, Chanyeol will still have the money and he can put up his own business. His family can give him the money that he needs; it’s just that he wanted to prove to his family that he can stand on his own feet.

            Since his mother died, his brothers and father took care of him. Since he is the youngest child, they all give him what he wants. And they all treated him like a crystal glass. There’s so many things that he is not allowed to do. Until he had enough. He did what he really wants to do even if it’s against their rules. He became a rebel and it felt good.

            But most of the time, he is involved with different problems. But he never did stopped trying. He wanted to stand on his own feet and not be a burden to his family. Maybe it’s best if he joins again in the Off-Track Betting. Maybe he’s lucky and he’ll get a big amount of money again.

            “Park Chanyeol!”

            He looked at his father. “Yes, Dad?”

            He thinks that his father had enough of him because he wasn’t paying attention to whatever he is saying. Oh well, since when did his father became happy with what he is doing?

            “I don’t know what to do with you anymore, Chanyeol.” His father placed a hand on his chest and deeply breathed. His voiced became lower and it’s a sign that he gave up on him. “I don’t have any plans on discussing this with my friend but you’re giving me no other choice, Chanyeol. You’re going to marry Mr. Wu’s son, just as we have planned.”

            His brothers were the first one who reacted.

            “Dad, don’t be like this. Chanyeol is a bit stubborn but we can solve it without resorting to that.”

            “You are just overwhelmed, Dad. This is not the solution for our problem.”

            He just stared at them quietly. He’s a bit angry with them because they saw him as a problem. A pain in the . An excess baggage.

            “I have known Mr. Wu’s son for a long time.” His father continued. “He’s a good man. I’ve seen how he grew to become a fine, young man. It is for your own good, Chanyeol. He will take care of you much more than I and your brothers can do.”

            “But Dad, do you think it will be unfair for Chanyeol?”

            “Like what I have said, he has given me no choice. Both of you have your own families Sungbin, Taejoon. I am too old to take care of your brother.”

            “Dad…”         

            He had enough. He stood up and left them. But that worsens his brothers’ moods.

            “Chanyeol, sit down!” Sungbin snarled.

            “I’m through listening.” He answered. “I have lots of things to do. I’ll join the Off-Track Betting.” He saw his father touched his temple.

            “You are a lost cause, Chanyeol. Maybe it’s really better if you marry Kris so that he can influence you to be a good man. You’re going to marry Kris Wu whether you like it or not!”

            He just shrugged. “Fine.”

            He’s near the door when he heard his father speak. “I have changed my last will and testament. As for you, young man, you won’t get anything until you marry Kris so you better listen to me now.”

            “What?!” The inheritance that he will be getting on his 30th birthday, his most awaited inheritance will be gone if he won’t marry that Kris guy. “You can’t do this to me, Dad!”

            “I already did. Your mother let me handle that money. So now, if you won’t take me seriously then you won’t be getting any–”

            “That was Mom’s money and she gave it to me! You have no right to take it away from me!”

            “Chanyeol! Don’t talk to our father like that!”

             “You are all meddling with my life! I’m sick and tired of it!”

            “Chanyeol!”

            “I’m twenty-eight already so just get off my back! Jeez!”

            He finally left their house without looking back at them. The reason why he did all of this is because he wants to have a money as a down payment to start the restaurant that he plans to establish while waiting for the money that his mom gave to him. Now, instead of waiting for just two years to get his inheritance, it looks like he won’t be getting the money anytime soon.

            “You can’t force me to do what you want.” He whispered while getting on his car and starting the engine. “This is my life. I’ll decide what I will do with it.”

 

-----------------------------

So that's it. The first chapter of this story. I really hope that you'll like this story. And oh, I apologize for any grammatical errors since English is not my first language. Please please please upvote, comment or subscribe to this story. Thank you!~