Chapter Eight

Swirling Reds (Unending Thirst for You)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan rubbed his eyes sleepily as he slowly pushed himself up,brain still fogged by sleep. He had been awoken just a moment or two ago by plush lips pressing against his forehead and Sehun's soft voice coaxing him back into the land of the awake.

At first, he had been reluctant to let his sweet dreams slip away: for the first time in quite a while, they had been peaceful and gentle, allowing his mind to rest finally. But.. reality seemed even better for now. 

"Sehun," he hummed out sleepily as he peeked up at the taller vampire, giggling inwardly at his almost-too-wide grin."I like being here.." he blurted out, cheeks glowing as he realized just what he had said."I mean this is all too weird but the others are really nice and you are nice too..." he was rambling quietly, chewing on his lower lip nervously once words had finally stopped escaping his soft pink lips.

"I understand, love." Sehun chuckled lightly, pecking the boy's nose briefly."I know that things are a bit confusing for you right now. But you have found your family, and that is all that matters. You know, we can be a bit of a messy bunch, and sometimes we fight, too.. But trust me, we would do anything for each other."

"I could see that.." Luhan admitted shyly."It's so obvious even if no one ever cared about me like that." he let out a chuckle that lacked any trace of humour as he raised his gaze to bore into the other's."I just hope that this will last, you know. It all seems so... so alien to me. I feel like any moment you will turn into a monster from a nightmare and... and kill me. But on the other hand, I feel like I could trust you with my life. I want to be close to you, and the others, too. I want to know everyone, but I still feel scared. It's kind of weird I guess."

"It's not weird, it's normal," Sehun chuckled lightly."I would be the same if I had gone through what you have. But from now on, you will be pampered until you forget about all those ugly days. You have a family now, and we will always protect you.."

Luhan smiled a bit, moving a bit closer to Sehun by sheer instinct. He just wanted to be close to the taller, maybe because he felt like nothing would ever harm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter