Chapter Six

Swirling Reds (Unending Thirst for You)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He's gonna be okay, I think.." was the first thing Luhan's woozy mind picked up. He could make out a few more sounds: the shuffling of feet, the mumbling of someone who seemed quite far from him - they were probably in the other side of the living room - and some kind of liquid being poured into a glass bottle. He could guess what the latter was because of the soft clink it made as it had been set down.

"Of course he is.." It was Sehun who spoke this time, the small boy was quite sure of that. Already, he felt like he would always be able to recognize the other's voice. He wasn't sure why, but somehow he just knew it. He wasn't so fond of the fact though: it meant that he was already depending on the taller vampire in a way. At that point, he just wasn't sure if that was a good or a bad thing. 

"Luhan, can you hear me?" Sehun whispered suddenly, moving in to press his lips against the boy's forehead, flinching at just how sweaty it was."You have drank a bit too much of blood before and it very much seems like your tummy wasn't so fond of the idea of being filled this quickly," he was talking as if his words were directed to a child."but luckily everything is gonna be okay. I'll give you some blood again soon, but you'll have to drink it slowly, okay?" he waited for Luhan to nod just a little before laying a large hand on the small boy's stomach, rubbing gentle circles into it.

At that moment, Luhan finally realized just how much his throat hurt. Before, he had been distracted enough to focus on the pain that seemed to only grow worse every time he swallowed. He felt like he had been tricked into swallowing fire.

"N..no more blood!" he choked out before anyone could have said anything, eyes snapping open."I..I don't want to.." he let out a low whine of agony as he tried to curl into a ball: hoping that they wouldn't force him to drink. He didn't want to suffer, not again.

Quite a long time passed with Sehun just holding the smaller and whispering soothing words into his ear. He knew that sooner or later he would have to make Luhan drink some blood, but he just didn't have the heart for it. As he caressed the skinny boy's soft hair, he tried his hardest to think of the best s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter