Chapter One

Swirling Reds (Unending Thirst for You)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan used to be strong.

He could still recall the times when he had been capable of tearing creatures apart just by his hands. Blood would stain his hands, taint his clothes...

Luhan used to be fearless.

He could still recall the many dark nights he spent alone hunting even despite all the danger that could have hurt even him. Many times, he would return home with wounds, but he would always be ready to go out once more, just to try his luck.

Luhan used to be wise, and even agile.

He used to be perfect.

All those thing he had lost during the years he had spent alone, even if his body refused to age. He still looked as if he was a mere teenager at the brink of becoming an adult. But his hair had lost its shine, his body has lost its flawless shape, his skin had lost its color.

His lips had lost their smile.

He had gotten used to living alone. He was a nobody, unwanted by each and every clan that lived near him. Most of his kind were sought-after for their powers or merely company - some may had been ruthless killers but they were still highly social, depending a lot on interacting with others - but no one had even thought of offering him a home.

Luhan didn't know why, but he had long stopped caring. 

With a sigh, he darted off as quick as lighting, feet barely touching the ground. He had barely fought anything to prey on the night before - and the one before that... - and he had too feed... He had to cross the line and enter another's territory, even if he knew that the mere action could have cost him his life. He had never wandered away from his home before, simply because even despite all the loneliness, all the pain he had to bear completely alone, he had a will to fight.

He was not going to back down, not after surviving so long on his own. 

And thus he ran, lips curling upwards slightly. Just what was the chance that whoever lived there would be hunting, too? It wasn't like they needed to do so every night... 

Luhan lost his focus for a moment as a myriad of scents filled his senses. None of them held the promise of a meal, but many held the threat of a certain death. One seemed to stand out just a bit: it was oddly muddy and dark b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter