Chapter 3 : Secrets?

Loser

Hanbin was walking quietly, stealing some glances at the man beside him. He still couldn’t believe this is really happening. The man was even more handsome upclose that he was admiring him more and more.

“Is there something on my face?” Hanbin got flustered when he got caught, opened his mouth and closed it for a few times in panic, erupting a small chuckle from the other’s mouth.

“I believe I haven’t properly introduce myself. My name is Bobby. And you are Hanbin, right?” Bobby looked at Hanbin, taking a chance to look at his face properly too.

He didn’t actually know what he was doing, why he wanted to get involved with this kid. Him treating ice cream was just strange. He usually rather being alone and stayed out from everybody’s way. He actually realized that this kid had been paying extra attention to him everytime he visited that cafe, how he always the one who took his order and memorized it. The way Hanbin looked at him was something he couldn’t really understand.

But if he knew the truth about him, would he still look at him the same way?

“Bobby-ssi...Bobby-ssi?” Bobby got out from his daze, stopped spacing out when he noticed the other was waving his hand in front of his face.

“Sorry, what you were saying? And just call me Bobby.”

“Ah, okay then Bobby.” Hanbin scratched his nape awkwardly and chewed on his lower lip, didn’t know what to say next.

“Am I making you uncomfortable?”

“N-no it’s not that!” Hanbin’s eyes turned wide and averted his gaze somewhere else. “I’m just...I never expected that I will be here, standing next to you like this.” Hanbin could feel his cheeks grow warm, so unlike him the usual confident guy but right now he felt like a high school girl.

“Do you like it? Standing here next to me?”

“H-huh?” Hanbin stuttered as he looked at the male beside him, his breath hitched from the way Bobby leaning towards  him and their faces were only an inches apart.

“Just kidding.” Bobby mumbled and pulled away, ruffled the other’s  hair fondly with a hint of a smile, Hanbin on the other hand was looking the other way, trying to cool his cheeks down.

‘Cute.’ Bobby thought.

“We’re here.” Hanbin looked up at the small ice cream shop in front of him, it was familiar for his eyes because he came here often with his friends, it was a cute ice cream place with a pastel color walls and furnitures.

They both went in and approached the counter, looking at the choices of flavour.

“What flavor do you want?”

“Chocolate, you?”

“I’m good, thanks. I don’t like ice cream.” Hanbin gaped at him, didn’t believe what Bobby just said and looked at him like he is some kind of alien from a different planet.

“What?” Bobby frowned, raising his eyebrow in annoyance at the way Hanbin was looking at him.

“You..don’t like ice cream? Why?”

“Everybody have their own preferences.” Bobby shrugged and took out his wallet, ordered the ice cream from the other before he could protest and handed him the ice cream to stop him from looking at him that way.

“Let’s sit.” Bobby gestured at the the table next to the window and they sat there.

“Thanks for the ice cream.” Hanbin grinned brightly and started his ice cream like a child, smiling when his favorite taste hit his tastebuds.

“Is it good?”

“Hmmm.”

Bobby just shook his head in amusement, watching the male eating  quietly.

“You really like it huh?”

Hanbin’s expression brightened and he nodded eagerly. “Of course, it tastes like heaven!”

Bobby scoffed with a hint of a smile on his face. “Heaven? Like heaven can be tasted.”

Hanbin raised his eyebrow at the other. “Are you trying to be funny?” He chuckled lightly and Bobby’s  eyes widened, opened his mouth before closing it again making Hanbin laugh.

“I was kidding.” Bobby shot Hanbin a glare and leaned back on his seat, crossing his arms.

“You know...you are different from I was expected.” That caught Bobby’s attention and he turned his attention back on the male opposite him.

“What do you mean?”

“I thought you are cold and quiet but I was wrong.”

“Is that a bad thing...?”

“Nope.” Hanbin grinned. “I like it, I’m comfortable talking to you like this. Back then you looked like some kind of a gangster or something like that.” Bobby tried to control his expression after he heard what Hanbin just said.

“Are you afraid...?”

Hanbin stopped his ice cream and looked at Bobby in confusion, blinked his eyes twice. “Of? Gangster? Well, I think they are pretty badass from I see on the TV but if I meet them for real I think it would be a bit scary, don’t you think?” He shrugged and the other just hummed.

Bobby looked at the time on his watch and quickly stood up.

“I need to go, I’ll see you later okay? Take care.”

“What? B-“ Before Hanbin could finish his words the other already dissapeared like usual. He let out a small sigh and finished up his ice cream, wondering why he feel Bobby is a man full of secrets.

He never really meet someone like him before but he felt like he was hiding things, or maybe he was just being a paranoid. Hanbin slapped his own cheek lightly, scolding himself for being nosy. ‘I should mind my own business.’ He said mentally and looked at the chair where Bobby was sitting earlier.

‘At least I get to spend some time with you.’ His  lips formed into a soft smile.

 

Hi guys, I’m back. I’m in the middle of final exams so I can’t really update much. Thank you so much for suscribring and please tell me what you think about the plot, It’s confusing at this point I know. I'm sorry if I make any mistakes because English isn't my first language and if there's someone who'd like to help me to check on my grammar I would really appreciate it. ;;  Drop your comments  below and see you at the next chapter! ^^