Chapter 1 : Green Tea Latte

Loser

Hanbin's POV

He came again, sitting on his usual seat near the window, his gaze was cold, emotionless and I always wondered what was actually on his mind. I walked towards him with a small notebook on his hand even though I didn't actually need one since he always ordered the same thing everytime he came here. It's strange that I felt so attached to him, I didn't know him personally, heck I didn't even know his name.

The first time he appeared, I couldn't bring myself to look away. He was just a stranger, a good looking stranger. I knew I shouldn't really act like this but I didn't have a choice because my eyes always stole glances at his direction, my curiosity got the best of me. It got worse because I found myself always looking for him, he always came at the same time when the cafe almost closed with only few people around. At first I didn't have a night shift, I was a senior in high school so I needed to focus on my study, I only helped my co-worker once because he couldn't make it to his shift but now I took over his shift, begging him to change with mine, receiving a teasing looks and I only shoved him to the side, asking him to shut up.

"Green tea latte, ice normal and sugar normal?" I asked and he stared at me before nodding his head, maybe he realized that I already memorized his order. "Anything else?" He shook his head and I hummed, nodding my head twice. "Coming right up." I flashed a smile, glanced at his face for a seconds before turning around, a smile spread across my features as I ripped the paper with his order on it, giving it to the barista who snickered at me and I just rolled my eyes in response. It seemed all my co-workers already knew about my little crush on him which was a bit embarrassing but at least they didn't tell him then I'm totally fine with that.

I leaned against the counter, stole a glance at him who was looking out the window like usual. I tilted my head slightly, watching his side features from the side. Don't know why but even with the cold exterior of his, there was something else. It felt like he had a huge burden on his shoulders, like he would crumble if he opened that mouth of his. Maybe I was being delusional.

I heard my name being called and I turned my head slightly, seeing Jinhwan-hyung placing his drink on the counter, giving me a smile and I thanked him, placing the glass on a tray and brought it to him. I put it on his table gently. "Green tea latte, enjoy your drink sir." I gave him another smile and this time I felt his gaze stayed for little bit longer than the usual, on my face, making me squirm a bit. I bit on my lower lip, a habit when I felt nervous about something and the three words came out from his mouth making my cheeks turned slightly pink because his voice sounded just like I imagined, low, a bit raspy which made him looked even more attractive than before, if that was even possible.

"Thank you...Hanbin." And he knew my name. Of course he knew because it was written on the nametag on my shirt pocket and I nodded awkwardly, walking to another table when I saw them calling, taking their orders.

I felt gaze on my back and I turned my head, eyes turning wide because he staring right at me and his lips curved into a smirk, maybe because of my stupid reaction. I quickly scurried away to the counter, giving Jinhwan the order.

"Are you alright, man?" Jinhwan asked and I nodded a little bit too fast.

A small chuckle escaped pass Jinhwan's lips, maybe noticing the reason why I was acting like a nervous wreck.

"He's still staring at you." What? Don't turn around Hanbin, don't tur- I turned around and saw him still sitting on the same position, his eyes fixed on me like I was the most interesting thing to look at. I could feel my cheeks growing hot again and I my dry lips, turning around to face Jinhwan again who was now laughing at me, patting my back while shaking his head. Great, he was making fun of me.

"Good for you, Hanbin. Finally he pays attention to you. Now go ahead and ask his name because he is calling for you, maybe asking for bill." I felt like freaking out, yes it made me feel happy that he finally noticed me but I felt nervous as hell and I didn't want to act stupid in front of him.

"Can't the others do that instead?" I asked Jinhwan with a pleading look and I saw him raising his eyebrow questioningly. "Nope, they look busy just go."

I heaved out a sigh and turned around, seeing him playing with his phone as I made my ways towards him and when I stopped, he looked up and our eyes met. I took the time to admire his face for a while before giving him the bills, seeing him taking out his wallet from his jeans pocket, taking some cash and placed it on a small tray on top of the bills.

"Please wait a moment." He gave an amount of money more than the price for his drink but he shook his head. "Keep the changes for you, it's a tip because you remember my order perfectly." I opened my mouth to protest but he already stood up, walking to the door and he was gone like that.

And I still hadn't find out his name.

 

Hey guys, the first chapter is up. Subscribe and drop comments below so I will know your opinion about it, I have an inspiration to write this because of Big Bang's Loser, so that's explained the title xD. Well, see you on the next chapter. Thanks for reading.