Chapter 2: Wasted Choco Cone

Loser

Hanbin's POV

"Hanbin-ah, it's time to wake up~" First time in the morning I heard an annoying voice that I could easily recognize trying to wake me up from my precious sleep. I grumbled in annoyance and turned my back on him even though it obviously wouldn't make him go away. He was stubborn, as stubborn as me. That's explained why we were best friends in the first place.

Before I could resume my sleep, he decided to hit me in the head which I guessed a pillow making me groan in annoyance. I sat up and take another pillow, smacking him across the face and in a seconds we were involved in a pillow fight.

"He's awake? Thanks Junhong-ah. I wonder how you can wake him up so easily." My mom was standing in front of the door and I just rolled my eyes at this.

"It's easy Mrs.Kim, just hit him with a pillow. Works every time." I scoffed once I saw a proud grin on Junhong's face, still annoyed that he needed to wake me up because he wasn't being gentle at all. But I gotta admit that was the only way.

"Hanbin, you need to thank him or you will be late for school now go take a shower. Junhong you can go downstairs and eat breakfast with us." My mom said and I just nodded obediently and headed to the bathroom for a quick shower. Junhong and I had been best friends for years, he was a cool kid, a bright one and playful. He was smart and had a good sense in fashion but sometimes his fashion was just too much, at least for me. He always dyed his hair in a different color and changed his hairstyle almost once a week, the teacher couldn't do anything about it when he was a good asset to the school because of his brain so they let it slide.

His parents' relationship wasn't that great and they were rarely home so I felt bad for him because my family on the other hand was a lively one, my parents already took him as their own son though, that's why he could come whenever he wanted because he was always welcomed.

I walked down the stairs to the dining room and saw my Mom, Dad, my little sister Hanbyul and of course Junhong already on their seats. I took a seat next to Junhong and looked at the food, started to dig in because I didn't want to be late to school. When I was done, I bid farewell to my family and walked out with Junhong with our backpacks around our shoulder. Junhong was riding his skateboard as usual and I just walked, the school wasn't that far away from our houses. Yup, we were indeed neighbors.

Even though I walked by foot and Junhong owned a skateboard he always tried to match my pace, sometimes he complained to me, asking me to learn how to ride one. I tried really, but I just embarrassed myself because I fell on my when he tried to teach me, and being a good friend that he was, he just laughed at me. So nope, won't happen again.

"So...how's the choreography goes?" I turned my head to look at him and my lips curved into a small smirk.

"It's done, I will show you guys tomorrow."

"Do you think we can beat them?"

A frown appeared on my face. Me and Junhong had a dance crew along with 3 other guys at our school, Donghyuk, Junhoe, and Jungkook. I was the leader and I made most of the choreography and they helped me. We participated at a dance competition most of the times and there was one group who always got in our way. If it's not us, it's them who took the trophy and we had always been rival until now.

"Don't think, we have to." Junhong snickered and nodded his head. "That's our leader, never wants to lose."

I just replied him with a shrug because that was true, I hated losing.

***

'This is heaven'. I thought inside my head as I the choco cone I just bought from the convenience store on my way home. They said chocolate can bring happiness and I couldn't agree more because it made me feel better instantly, the way it melted inside my mouth just something I didn't want to trade off.

The math test came out and my score came out pretty bad. It wasn't that shocking because I knew that I'm weak at math, the other subjects were fine with me. I could gain a good store but when it came to math, I just wanted to sigh just by to think about it. I didn't get it why he needed to learn such a complicated things, it wasn't like we will use all of that when we worked. It was just waste of time and made students feel stressed, well at least to people who despised math like me.

"Stupid m-" I halted into a stop when I bumped into someone, looking up and saw two guys with black leather jacket, the one who I just bumped into looked pissed because unfortunately I smeared some of my ice cream on his jacket and it didn't look pretty. 'Crap'.

"Did you watch where you are going? You ruin my jacket!" I didn't understand how people could be so dramatic sometimes because it was just a ing ice cream and he could just wash it, problem solved. Why he needed to make such a big deal about it?

"I'm sorry." I bowed eventually, too tired to deal with useless thing at the moment with my current mood.

"Sorry won't solve anything. This is expensive." Really now.

"I can pay for your laundry." I tried to reason, earning a scoff from the male and his friend was just enjoying the situation, snickering. I gritted my teeth, feeling my patience slowly ran out by all these bulls. Especially when my choco cone already dropped to the floor a while ago, he wasn't the only one with disadvantage here. My choco cone, my precious choco cone was now lying on the floor.

"Laundry? I told you kid, this jacket is expensive and I never took it to cheap laundry places." That's it.

"Look here, ahjussi. I'm trying to be nice and pay for your laundry, and technically you are the one who ran into me and didn't see where you were going. I didn't even ask you to pay back my ice cream so why you need to make such a big deal about it?!" I barked and hissed.

"Why you-" I closed my eyes, waiting for an impact on my face but it never came. I fluttered my eyes back open, blinking in confusion and saw the male's hand was so close to my face but there was another hand holding it to prevent him from punching me. I backed away to look at my saviour and my mouth dropped. It was him.

"Ahjussi, I think it's not nice to hurt a kid." I swore he look so scary because he was shooting a death glare with his eyes, and hearing whimper coming out from that ahjussi's mouth, I could tell his grip was pretty tight.

"Now leave." I gaped in amazement because they ran away immidiately when they saw his face, who was he actually? Why they looked so scared just by seeing his face?

"Are you alright?"

"H-huh?" I looked at him and saw his eyes were replaced by concern. "Y-yeah I'm fine."

"You have to be careful, Hanbin." He still remembered my name.

"You know my name?"

"Yeah, I saw your name tag remember?"

"Right.." I laughed awkwardly, receiving a small chuckle from him. I followed his gaze and it landed on my choco cone, my expression saddened at the poor sight.

"Let's go."

"What?"

"Let's buy some ice cream."

 

Chapter 2 is up, don't forget to drop comments. And thanks for my new suscribers, you guys are awesome. I hope you guys enjoy it.