BABY BOSS 4

BABY BOSS: THE SERIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another lazy Sunday, but instead of spending it indoors Jiyong decided they should go to the park. The park was nearby, so Jiyong and Seunghyun—with Minhee in between—walked there.

Peals of laughter met their ears as they got closer and Minhee ran off.

“Baby, be careful!” Jiyong yelled after her, but she never turned back.

Seunghyun shuffled closer to Jiyong and wrapped his arm around his waist. “She’ll be fine. You worry too much.”

They found an empty bench to sit on as they watched their daughter play with the other kids. A few of the other parents came up to them and talked for a bit about the difficulties of parenthood, and it was then that Seunghyun excused himself from the group. He promised Minhee he’s get her some ice cream, and if he was being completely honest, he wanted some for himself as well.

On his way back from the ice cream shop that was around the corner from the park, he saw a little boy standing on the sidewalk, tears pouring from his eyes as he screamed for his mother. Seunghyun’s heart went out to him. He must be so frightened.

Seunghyun stopped next to him and crouched down to his level. “Hey there, baby,” he said softly, his free hand wiping gently at the boys’ tears. “Can you tell me your name?”

“J-Jaehyun,” the boy managed to say through his sniffles.

“Okay Jaehyunnie, do you know where your mom went?” Seunghyun asked his voice still soft.

“N-no!” Jaehyun replied before bursting out in tears again.

Seunghyun hugged him and ran his hand up and down his back, trying to get the boy to calm down.

“Shhh, it’s okay,” he cooed. “Uncle is going to help you find her, okay?” he told him, wiping the boy’s new tears from his cheeks.

After the boy calmed down, Seunghyun picked him up in his free hand and started walking towards the park. He kept talking to the boy, asking him if he had any siblings, and who his friends were in preschool.

Seunghyun went all around the park and eventually found Jaehyun’s mother, who bowed nonstop, thanking Seunghyun as she hugged her son tightly. Seunghyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter