BABY BOSS 3

BABY BOSS: THE SERIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

this was a prompt from eney and I was supposed to write it ages ago. it turned out a lot longer and cheesier than I intended. i hope you guys enjoy it  ^_^

It was 6am when Jiyong finally opened the door to the villa. He just took the red eye from Tokyo because he couldn’t spend any more time away from his family, Seunghyun and Minhee.

“Hyunnie?” he called out softly into the silent apartment. His voice came out hoarse from lack of sleep. He took off his shoes and padded through the house until he reached the bedroom.

It was empty.

He his heel and went to the baby room. His mouth stretched into a smile at the sight of Seunghyun lying in the bed they had there with Minhee sleeping on his chest, his husband’s arms wrapped tightly around her to keep her from falling. Minhee was lifted with every rise and fall of Seunghyun’s chest, her hand curled up against . Jiyong couldn’t resist the urge to snap a picture of this view. It was so beautiful that he wanted to save it for ever. And maybe even share it with the world. But that would have to wait. He was basically a zombie and could barely function, let alone upload a picture on Instagram.

He walked into the room and bent down to place a kiss on his daughter and husband before dragging his feet back to their bedroom. He quickly changed into his sleeping clothes before getting under the covers and settling in for a long sleep.

Just as he closed his eyes, felt lips pressing softly against his temple. He groaned and his eyes opened into a small slit. Seunghyun’s sleepy face came into view.

“Hey, baby,” Seunghyun said, his voice still thick from sleep. “Welcome home.” He bent down and kissed Jiyong’s lips. It was brief but sweet. Jiyong lips curved into a smile as Seunghyun’s lips parted from his. He missed this. He sat up, leaning against the headboard, looking at Seunghyun as he got under the covers next to him. Seunghyun wrapped his arm around Jiyong’s shoulders and gathered him to his chest. Jiyong rested his head over Seunghyun’s heart, letting the steady thumping of it lull him.

“Where’s Dami?” Jiyong asked after a moment of silence. He had left Seunghyun and their 6-months-old daughter in her care as he had some work in Japan he needed to attend to for three days. He knew Seunghyun was clueless when it came to parenting and that he couldn’t be left alone with Minhee for that long. He had originally planned to leave Minhee with his mother and take Seunghyun with him, as a kind of mini vacation, but Seunghyun had objected, refusing to leave their little princess alone. Jiyong pointed out that she wouldn’t be alone and it would only be for three days, but Seunghyun outright refused. So he asked his mother to come and stay with Seunghyun, but his mother couldn’t leave the pension. In the end, Dami offered to stay until he came back. But he noticed her absence when he arrived.

“She had to leave after she helped put Minhee to sleep last night,” Seunghyun’s voice rumbled beneath him.

Jiyong nodded. He could feel his consciousness slipping. His eyelids were heavier. But he couldn’t sleep. Seunghyun needed him. Minhee needed him.

Wait.

“But when I came, she was sleeping on your chest,” Jiyong slurred, his tongue thick with sleep. “If Dami put her to sleep, why wasn’t she in her crib?”

A breath of laughter escaped Seunghyun’s lips. “I couldn’t sleep. So I took her from her crib, and…well…” Seunghyun answered sheepishly. “She’s just so…cute! I couldn’t resist.”

Jiyong giggled against his husband’s chest, his hand gripping Seunghyun’s waist more tightly. Seunghyun chuckled along with him, happy to have Jiyong in his arms again. His hands lifted to Jiyong’s hair and started playing with the strands. Eventually, Jiyong’s laughter died and his breath evened out and deepened, indicating that he had fallen asleep.

“Sleep well, love,” Seunghyun muttered, kissing the top of Jiyong’s head and shifting from underneath him to lay his head on the pillow. He pulled the covers tightly over him, and as he was walking away from the bed, he heard Jiyong mumble in his sleep.

He turned around and saw Jiyong attempting to get up again. “What are you doing?” he asked rushing back to his side.

“I…Minhee…help…you…” Jiyong muttered.

“No, you need to rest. Do you think I can’t take care of my own daughter?” Seunghyun teased.

“But—”

“No.” Seunghyun’s voice was firm. “Minhee and I will be fine. Sleep now, okay?”

Jiyong was still muttering as he walked out of the bedroom and closed the light. He silently closed the door so that Jiyong won’t be disturbed when Minhee wakes up in a couple of hours.

 

 

~~~

 

 

By the time 8am rolled around, Seunghyun had gotten a lot done. He set up the play mats in the living room; had a bottle of milk ready for Minhee when she woke up; ate some breakfast; prepared a change of clothes for Minhee when she has her bath later; and he was about to try and start making dinner for when Jiyong wakes up.

For all his bravado, Seunghyun was nervous about spending the entire day alone with Minhee. In the 6 months that she’s been with them, there was always someone taking care of her with him, whether it was Jiyong, their moth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter