BABY BOSS 2

BABY BOSS: THE SERIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

i was bullied into writing this by V and Eney

It was 6:43pm and Seunghyun was wondering what to order in for dinner since Jiyong had texted him a half hour earlier saying that he had work at the studio and there was a high probability that he won’t be coming home.

He looked at their little girl, Minhee, who was sitting open mouthed at the cartoon show that was playing on the TV, hugging her pink teddy bear. What are we going to eat? he wondered.

So he asked her. “Minhee, what do you want to eat for dinner sweetie?”

Minhee turned her big brown eyes—so much like Jiyong’s—at him and simply said, “Ice cream.”

Seunghyun chuckled. Even though she had inherited most of Jiyong’s looks, she was basically a younger version of him. “No sweetie, we can’t have ice cream for dinner. That’s for dessert,” he reminded her. “Besides, Appa will have my head if I let you eat ice cream before dinner,” he mumbled, mainly to himself, remembering the last Jiyong found them sneaking in the kitchen, their heads buried deep in the freezer, giggling.

In the end they settled on instant noodles (with a side of kimchi for Seunghyun) since it was the easiest thing to do. After Minhee helped her dad with clearing the table and entertained him as he washed the few dishes they ate in she asked him, “Now can we have ice cream?”

Seunghyun laughed and nodded his head, kissing her head on his way to the fridge. He grabbed the bucket of ice cream from the freezer along with two spoons, one big and one small (there was no need for bowls since Seunghyun didn’t want to wash anymore dishes), grabbed his daughters hand and made their way to the living room. They settled themselves on the floor in front of the large coffee table in the middle of the room, facing the TV.

“Daddy~” Minhee whined. “Why is your spoon bigger than mine? I want the big spoon too,” she pouted.

“Because my mouth is bigger than yours,” Seunghyun teased, demonstrating by taking a large scoop of ice cream and shoving it into his mouth. Minhee stared at him wide eyed for a moment, her lips drawn down in an upset frown before a bubble of laughter spilled out of .

“What?” Seunghyun asked his mouth still full of ice cream.

“You got all dirty, daddy,” Minhee squealed, pointing at her dad’s mouth.

Seunghyun swallowed the ice cream. Instead of wiping the remains of the ice cream around his lips with a napkin, he leaned down towards his daughter and tried smearing it on Minhee’s cheeks. She realized what he was about to do a second before he did it and squealed before scrambling to her feet and running away from Seunghyun, hiding her face in the fluffy cushions of the couch.

Seunghyun crawled after her, grabbing her by her waist and pulling her gently from the couch. “You can’t run away from me!” he exclaimed, altering his voice. The little girl laughed harder and scrambled to get away, her little hands grabbing on to the cushions as she tried to hoist herself up and away.

In the midst of all this, Seunghyun heard his phone ringing in the kitchen. “I’m gonna get you soon,” he said in the same growly voice, digging his fingers in Minhee’s ribs and tickling her. She screamed and flailed in his arms until her let her go.

He caught the phone right before it stopped ringing. “Hey,” he greeted his voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter