||Keeping My Distance||

You've Got To Be Kidding Me!

 

[[Jae's POV]]
 
It's only been a day since I was discharged from the hospital.
 
I still have yet to open the divorce package, in which I do not want to agree with.
 
"Junsu, give me her number," I said.
 
We were all in the living room, watching TV.
 
"But hyung, she'll hate all of us if we gave it to you."
 
"JUST GIVE IT TO ME, DAMN IT!" I screamed.
 
Junsu pressed his phone a couple of times before sliding it over the table towards me.
 
I grabbed his phone and took out mine.
 
I passed his back and called (_____) without any hesitation.
 
"Hello?"
 
"(_____)-ah.."
 
It became silent.
 
"U-Uhm, who is this? I'm sorry, wrong number."
 
---
[[(_____)'s POV]]
 
My phone rang.
 
It was from an unknown number.
 
"Hello?" I said as soon as I picked it up.
 
"(_____)-ah.."
 
I could feel goosebumps forming at the back of my neck.
 
Oh no.
 
It's his voice, I know it.
 
"U-Uhm, who is this? I'm sorry, wrong number."
 
I immediately hung up.
 
No.
 
He couldn't have gotten my number.
 
Junsu and the rest promised not to.
 
My phone rang once again.
 
This time, it was Junsu.
 
"Heyy Oppa."
 
"Oh hi, (_____)-ah.."
 
"What is it, Oppa?"
 
"I was wondering where you were at."
 
"Ohh. I'm at the Han River. Wae? Wanna join me?" I joked.
 
"Haha, nahh. You know I'm too busy with work to play around. What are you doing there?"
 
"Just relaxing.. You know, get some inspiration for my next song.. The wind is great here, just what I needed for inspiration.."
 
"Ohh, okay then.. Don't stay out too late, okay? The guys still care about you."
 
"Heh, I know Oppa. And I'm grateful for that."
 
"Anyways, I gotta get back to work. Take care~!" Junsu said.
 
"Oppa, wait--" I got cut off.
 
The line went dead.
 
I'll ask him about that next time then.
 
---
 
"Su, try calling her. Please. Put in on loudspeaker." Jaejoong told Junsu.
 
"Well, I don't know if she would pick up but it's worth a try," Junsu whispered to himself as he dialed her number.
 
"Heyy Oppa."
 
"Oh hi, (_____)-ah.."
 
"What is it, Oppa?"
 
Junsu looked at Jaejoong and he signalled the former to ask where she was at.
 
"I was just wondering where you were at."
 
"Ohh. I'm at the Han River. Wae? Wanna join me?" She chuckled in the background.
 
"Haha, nahh. You know I'm too busy with work to play around. What are you doing there?"
 
Jaejoong gave a thumbs up at his younger friend for making the conversation sound less suspicious.
 
"Just relaxing.. You know, get some inspiration for my next song.. The wind is great here, just what I needed for inspiration.."
 
"Ohh, okay then.. Don't stay out too late, okay? The guys still care about you."
 
Junsu glanced at Jaejoong, wondering if he should mention his hyung too.
 
"Heh, I know Oppa. And I'm grateful for that."
 
"Anyways, I gotta get back to work. Take care~!" Junsu ended the call.
 
"Thanks Su. I'm gonna go find her now," Jaejoong told the clique before heading out.
 
He drove his car to the Han River.
 
As he walked towards the river, he saw his wife's silhoutte sitting on a bench alone.
 
He imagined himself running to her, calling out her name and giving her a hug.
 
It would have been easy for him to settle their marriage problem if she was the type to easily fall for him, like how other girls would.
 
But truth be told, she was not.
 
It took her a long time to finally admit to herself that she had liked Jaejoong, and he knew.
 
He also knew that this situation would not be any better, so he decided not to let her see him.
 
Jaejoong watched her from afar, admiring how easily his wife was taking this situation.
 
He wondered, how his wife could handle all the stress of breaking up with a smile plastered on her face.
 
If it was him, he would have been long wasted, drowning himself in alcohol everyday.
 
It took Jaejoong awhile before his mind processed everything that he was going through.
 
Divorcement.
 
He walked to a public payphone and dialed his wife's number.
 
"Hello?" Her voice came through.
 
He decided that if he could not speak to her, he would at least want to be able to hear her voice again.
 
"Hello, who is this?" She asked again.
 
"Hello? If this is a prank call, it's not funny. Hello? Anyone there?"
 
He continued listening to her voice.
 
"Okay look, mister. I'm going to hang up now and if you call again, I'm not going to answer, understand?"
 
Jaejoong let out a low chuckle, his wife was still the naive girl he knew.
 
He held the receiver to his ear until he heard her ending the call.
 
He smiled to himself, satisfied at getting to hear his wife's voice.
 
He walked back to his car and drove home, happily thinking about the 'conversation' they had at the beach.
 
---
((At (_____)'s side.))
 
Well that was weird.
 
(_____) had just received a prank call, in which the person on the other line did not speak at all.
 
Which idiot would want to make a prank call and not talk? At all!
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
4th Chappie~!
 
Last Chappie is coming soon~!
 
Hang In There~!
 
Author,
miia186             ShiningDbJr<3