Still

Only You

“Oh my god! It must be Soohyun!” Hyoyeon exclaims as she walks as fast as she can to reach the said boy. When Seohyun told her about Soohyun, Hyoyeon had always wanted to see the little one. Her eyes gleam at the sight of the small kid hiding behind his mom.

“Oh my god, Seohyun! He looks exactly like his father!” Hyoyeon adds as she looks at Soohyun, forgetting the fact that Soohyun’s father doesn’t even know he exists.

Luhan stares at Soohyun and he must admit the boy looks like him. He, then, looks at Seohyun who’s obviously avoiding his stares.

“Mommy…” Soohyun tugs his mom’s dress. Seohyun looks at him and smiles.

“Baby, these are my friends. Greet them.” Seohyun says. Soohyun quickly looks at everyone and bows.

“He’s so adorable!” Yoona squeals and before anyone can stop her, she holds the boy in her arms and lifts him up. “Okay, Soohyun, I’m Yoona. I’m your mom’s friend.”

“Yoona… noona?” Soohyun says tentatively as he looks at Yoona.

“Call her imo (aunt), baby.” Seohyun whispers.

“Yoona imo.” Soohyun beams. Everyone else start introducing themselves to Soohyun except Luhan, who can’t stop staring at Soohyun and Seohyun. He doesn’t understand what’s going on. Seohyun comes in with a kid―a kid that looks exactly like him―and she claims that it’s her son. The possibility of him being Soohyun’s father is too high and yet, a part of him doesn’t want to believe it. He needs explanations but Seohyun wouldn’t even look at him.

“Are you not going to introduce yourself?” Minseok whispers at Luhan.

Luhan didn’t. Instead, he stands up and leaves.

“Seohyun, follow him.” Sooyoung says. “You know you have to.”

 

###

 

“Luhan?” Seohyun hesitantly calls his name after a few seconds of contemplating. She doesn’t know what to tell him. She doesn’t know what he would say. But she knows he deserves to know the truth about Soohyun.

“Is he mine?” He asks, his voice unexpectedly calm but he doesn’t bother to face her.

“Yes.” She whispers. She waits for him to say anything, to ask some more questions, but time passes and she knows he wouldn’t say anything anymore. She takes a deep breath. She’s fully aware that Luhan needs an explanation.

“That day before I left,” She begins. “You asked me for one more day. I felt so guilty that I’m leaving you behind so I just have to say yes. And I wanted to. I wanted to be with you even just for one day. I can never say I regretted that. Two months after, I found out I was pregnant with Soohyun. I lost everything. I lost you, I lost Juilliard. But Soohyun makes up for everything I’ve lost. He became the center of my world. I wanted to tell you but I was afraid. I know how much you despise me.”

Seohyun starts crying. Luhan still doesn’t make any move, nor say anything.

“So I tried. I tried reaching my dreams again hoping that if I become a better person, you’ll take me back and accept Soohyun. I studied so hard to be better. I’ve gone to a lot of auditions. I tried so hard. But I’m still a failure. But it doesn’t matter that much anymore because at least, I’ve got Soohyun with me. And maybe I’m selfish and greedy for asking this, but please, please don’t take Soohyun away from me.” She sobs as she thinks of the possibility of Luhan getting his son away from her to live with Chorong happily. Her knees weaken and she ends up kneeling on the ground.

Luhan sighs. He feels so stupid for assuming the worst but five years has passed and it doesn’t seem impossible for Seohyun not to find another guy. He also feels quite relieved because at least, he’s finally sure the love of his life doesn’t have anyone yet. And it might be a little cowardly for him to use his son to get her back but he’s willing to take that chance. He loves her so much nothing else matters.

He finally turns around to face her but is surprised seeing her kneeling and crying. He quickly grabs her shoulders and helps her stand up. She looks at him with tears still in her eyes.

“When I asked you what your priorities are right now, what would have been your answer?” He asks.

“It doesn’t matter anymore.” She says.

“It does, Seohyun!” He yells but he sees her frightened expression, he calms down a little. “It does. So please, tell me the truth.”

“Soohyun.” She whispers. “He’s my priority. I’ll do anything for him.”

“Did he ever ask for his father?”

Seohyun nods reluctantly.

“Then be with me, Seohyun.” He says seriously. Seohyun’s eyes widen. It isn’t what she’s expecting.

“Luhan, I don’t want you to take me back just because you feel obligated to be a father to Soohyun.” She tells him, although a huge part of her wants to accept what Luhan’s offering. “You already have Chorong with you. I don’t want to ruin what you have!”

“Seohyun, why can’t you understand?!” He yells again, his patience wearing thin at Seohyun.

“Luhan, please. I promise you, you can visit Soohyun anytime. I can even explain everything to Chorong. You don’t have to do this!” She explains.

“Seohyun, I love you!” He confesses. “How can you not know? Everyone knows it but you! I love you. I loved you then. I love you now and I’ll love you for the rest of my life! I can’t stop myself from loving you. I don’t even want to!”

She stands frozen. She can’t believe what she just heard but her heart feels like jumping out of her chest because of too much happiness it feels just hearing those words that came out from his mouth.

“Seohyun…” He calls her name as he pulls her in his embrace.

“How―how about Cho―?”

He hushes her. “I ended things with her. I already explained everything. I love you, Seohyun. There’s only you.”

“Can I―,” She cries as she holds on to his dress shirt. “Can I be more selfish this time?”

“What do you mean?” He asks, breaking the hug and looks at her confusedly.

“Can I really be with you again?”

He doesn’t answer. Instead, he leans in and kisses her.

 

###

 

Seohyun and Luhan walk back together in the reception hall. He’s smiling too widely that their friends already know what happened without even the need to ask. Minseok pats Luhan’s shoulders while the girls form a circle around Seohyun. Everyone almost forgets about Soohyun until they hear his voice.

“Mommy?”

Seohyun rushes over to Soohyun and bends her knees to be on the same eye-level as her son.

“Yes, baby?” She asks, her eyes glistening in joy as she can finally give him the father he’s been looking for.

“I’m hawngry.” He pouts, his hands patting his little tummy. Seohyun giggles at her son. He can really go from simply being cute to being unexplainably adorable. He’s very much like his father. She is about to carry him to bring him at the buffet table when someone beats her to it. She looks up and sees Luhan carrying Soohyun.

“The little one is hungry?” He asks as he looks at his son with that kind of adoration only a father can probably give.

“Luhan?” Seohyun looks at him with questions in her eyes.

“Say, Soohyun, do you want to meet your father?” Luhan asks with a bit of hesitation in his voice, hoping the kid will say yes.

Soohyun just merely nods at him.

“What if I tell you I know where your father is?” Luhan asks again.

Soohyun instantly brightens up. “Pwease let me see daddy.”

Seohyun steps up, leans in to Soohyun and whispers something. Luhan looks at them in confusion before the kid starts staring at him, then to Seohyun, who nods at her son, back to him.

“Daddy?”

Luhan grins and nods enthusiastically at his son. Tears threaten to fall in his eyes when the kid suddenly puts his tiny arms around his neck, hugging him so tight. Seohyun isn’t able to hold back and cries. Hyoyeon rushes over to her best friend and gives her a tight hug. After a few seconds, Hyoyeon breaks the hug and walks towards her husband.

“It’s now the time for the bride to toss the bouquet and have the beautiful ladies here fight over it!” The MC chuckles at his own joke. “Ladies, please gather around.”

All the single ladies walk forward and giggle among themselves, wondering who the lucky lady might be. Yoona and Soohyun grab both Seohyun’s arms and drag her towards the front. Seohyun might have imagine it but she sees Hyoyeon winking at her before the latter turns around, counts to three and finally tosses the bouquet over her head.

The bouquet lands on Seohyun’s arms, making her eyes widen. While the ladies gather around her and congratulate her for being so lucky, Minseok put his arm around Luhan’s shoulders.

“I guess we’ll be attending another wedding soon, huh?” Minseok says, making Junmyeon, Kyungsoo and Sehun look at Luhan with teasing stares.

Luhan just smiles and continues feeding his son, who’s comfortably sitting at his lap.

 

###

 

Seohyun and Soohyun end up staying in Luhan’s condo after the wedding. It didn’t take a lot of persuasion from Luhan. A mere ‘I want to spend some time with you and Soohyun, please?’ did the trick.  Seohyun can’t really deny him that.

The three of them spend the night watching Tom and Jerry on his bed with Soohyun between his parents. It’s apparently Soohyun’s favorite show. They continue watching until Luhan finally notices that Soohyun is already sleeping.

“He’s sleeping.” Luhan says with a low voice, afraid to wake up his son, but still loud enough for Seohyun to hear. She looks at their son and smiles. She always likes staring at Soohyun whenever the latter is sleeping. He reminds her so much of Luhan―that peaceful look his son wears whenever he’s sleeping is the same as his dad’s.

“He looks exactly just like you.” She whispers, caressing her son’s face gently.

“Oh yeah?” He grins. “He looks just as adorable as his dad.”

Seohyun glares playfully at Luhan. “Yeah. Five years and you still look like a kid.” She giggles when Luhan frowns at her. “Still handsome as ever, though.”

“He got your chubby cheeks.” He smiles at Seohyun.

“That’s the only thing he got from me.” Seohyun pouts. “Everything else, he got yours.”

“Then he’s going to be a handsome guy when he grows up.”

 “Still so full of yourself, I see.” She teases him.

“I know you can’t deny you miss me.” He teases her back.

“I won’t.” She smiles at him. “I missed you so much I could have died if not for Soohyun.”

“I’m sorry.” He whispers. She raises an eyebrow, not knowing why he’s apologizing. “All this time I only think about myself―how miserable I was when you left. I never realized you feel the same.”

“I could have saved the both of us from being miserable if I told you everything before.” She sighs.

“Yeah.” He chuckles. “But it doesn’t matter anymore. You’re here now, with me. That’s all that matters. That’s all I ever wanted. You. Only you.” He reaches over to her and caresses her face tenderly, careful not to wake Soohyun up and accidentally crush him. She closes her eyes, enjoying his gentle and warm touch she never thought she’ll feel again.

“If Soohyun isn’t here, I would have done so much more than this.” He sighs but smiles as his son suddenly hugs him. He suddenly feels like those five miserable years didn’t exist because of too much happiness he’s feeling that very moment. He doesn’t just get Seohyun back, he even has a son―a living proof that what he and Seohyun feels for each other is real. He can’t really ask for more but just one thing.

“Seohyun,” He says her name with so much love making Seohyun look at him with so much tenderness in her eyes. “I’m going to ask you to marry me soon.”

Seohyun is a bit surprise. When the bouquet fell into her arms earlier that day, she begins to wonder if she’s going to get married to the man she loves the most. Seems like she doesn’t need to wait for too long.

“Good.” She nods and smiles at him.

“Just good?” He raises an eyebrow.

“Very good.” She fakes a yawn and closes her eyes.

“Are you going to say yes?” He asks.

“I don’t know. You said you only want me. Soohyun and I are sort of a package deal. You can’t take only one.” She giggles.

“God, woman, you’re still as exasperating as ever.” He complains making her giggle more.

“Nothing much changed about me.”

“Yeah. You’re still the same woman I fell in love with.”

“Good.”

“Just good?”

She shakes her head. “I love you too.”

“I love you better.”

 


Because you guys deserve not to wait for too long. This will be the last seohan fic I'll ever write. Not because I already stop loving them. Never because of that. It has been three years since I started loving the idea of them together. I had fun. I can really say those are the best times in the whole span of my kpop addiction. I met a lot of friends through them. I was able to write stories because of them. I learned a lot. Probably more than what you guys might think. I'll never stop loving them. I wish you guys won't too.

Let me thank you guys for reading this and all my other fics. I had a great time writing them and I wish you enjoyed everyone of them. 

And so this is me, signing off