Stay

Only You

The day Seohyun broke up with Luhan, just a day before her flight to New York, the guy begged her not to end things with him. He didn’t know she’s leaving the next day. He didn’t know why she needed to leave. I don’t love you anymore. That’s the first and probably the biggest lie she had ever told him. So when he asked her for one more day, one more night to be with her, she agreed. That’s the last thing she can give him, after all.

She never expected Soohyun to come.

No one really knows about Soohyun except Seohyun’s parents and Hyoyeon. Seohyun had made her parents swore not to tell anyone about it that time her son was born. She isn’t just ready to tell the whole world she has a son. Soohyun’s also the reason why going to New York didn’t end like she wanted it to be. When she found out she’s pregnant, she lost her chance at Juilliard. She didn’t give up, though. After giving birth, she settled for another music school. She juggled between school and taking care of him.

Hyoyeon makes Jinki swore not to tell anyone, especially Luhan, about Soohyun until Seohyun’s ready.

“Seohyun, when are you going to tell Luhan?” Hyoyeon asks after Jinki bid his goodbye, saying he has an after lunch meeting with a client. Seohyun looks down. Her son’s growing up and he’s asking for his father. Seohyun feels so bad that her son’s first four years of living has been full of lies.

“I don’t know when I’ll get the courage to tell him, unnie.” Seohyun bits her lip. It’s not like she doesn’t want to tell Luhan about Soohyun. They both deserve to know each other but she knows Luhan will be so angry at her. He hates her a lot already and she doesn’t know if she can take more of it from him. It already breaks her heart seeing her with Chorong. How much more if he starts cursing at her?

“You know things will be different if you tell him. You guys might even get back together.” Hyoyeon says.

“He already has Chorong, unnie.” Seohyun’s lips starts trembling, her tears threatening to fall once again. “And if we’re going to get back together, I don’t want it to be because he feels obligated to be with me for the sake of Soohyun but because he loves me back.”

“Chorong is whatever. He doesn’t even love her. He basically ignored her yesterday after you left with Junmyeon.” Hyoyeon rolls her eyes. “You have to do something, Seohyun, if you really want him back.”

 

###

 

All Seohyun’s plans about talking to Luhan had incredibly failed. Most of time she was too afraid to even call his name. Minseok and Hyoyeon, even Sehun who doesn’t usually care, tried to help her but none of their plans work.

“Seohyun-ah! Stop thinking about him for now.” Hyoyeon yells. The older girl is obviously too drunk already. Hyoyeon is holding a party, two days before her wedding. To celebrate my last days of being single, she told Seohyun the night before. “Let’s get drunk!”

And Seohyun did. She got too drunk to the point she ends up sleeping at the couch in the private room where they held the simple party. Yoona, who didn’t really drink that much, sighs seeing Seohyun sleeping. She saw how the said girl tried so hard to talk to Luhan for the past week and how the said guy tried so hard not to look at her. The two are obviously still so in love with other. It’s been five years and their feelings haven’t changed at all. She thinks it’s sad that the two had to go through a lot of negative things. She feels sorry for them and if she can do anything to even just minimize the pain they’re going through, she’ll do it.

That’s when an idea strikes her mind. She grins naughtily before she gets her phone from her bag and makes a call.

“Hello, Kyungsoo?” Yoona smiles albeit the fact that the guy doesn’t see her. “You’re at Jinki oppa’s party, right?” The guys also decided to throw a party for Hyoyeon’s fiancée that night.

“Yes, why noona? Please tell me you have a favor. I want to get out of here. These guys are all so crazy!” Kyungsoo whines. Yoona laughs. She knows the younger guy hates parties but he had grown so close to Jinki to decline the invitation.

“Is Luhan there?” Yoona asks. “Is he drunk?”

“Yes, he’s here but no, he’s not drunk.” Kyungsoo answers. “Kind of surprising. Luhan hyung never declines a shot of tequila.”

Yoona raises an eyebrow. “Please do me a favor and tell him Seohyun needs a ride home.”

“Noona, you do know those two are in an awkward situation right now, right?” Kyungsoo can’t help but roll his eyes.

“That’s why I’m asking you this!” Yoona sighs. “Trust me, he’ll go here immediately.”

 

###

 

Kyungsoo nervously makes his way towards Luhan. The latter is just fiddling with his phone, not really minding everything that is happening around him.

“Hyung,” Kyungsoo sits beside the older guy. “Yoona noona called me just now.”

Luhan looks at him expectantly. “What did she tell you?”

“That Seohyun noona’s too drunk to go home alone.” Kyungsoo doesn’t really need to tell him that Yoona’s asking him to give Seohyun a ride home. Luhan just stands up and walks towards Jinki who’s laughing so hard at Sehun. Kyungsoo watches as Luhan whispers something to Jinki and the latter just nods at whatever Luhan is telling him. Before Luhan can really leave the room, Kyungsoo quickly walks towards him.

“Hyung, I know you still love her.” Kyungsoo says tentatively, assessing Luhan’s expression. “Stop making things hard for the both of you. I’ve seen how she tries to talk to you the past few days. I want both of you to be happy.”

Luhan sighs. Minseok has been telling him the exact words too. But they didn’t know what he knows. Seohyun’s already with someone else. He just gives Kyungsoo a smile before he finally leaves.

A lot of thoughts have been running inside Luhan’s mind ever since he met her again. That day when Minseok told him about the simple welcoming party for Seohyun, he knew he has to go even if he told Minseok he isn’t going. He was there, far enough from everyone to see. He saw her leaving the club and of course, he just had to follow her. When he saw that erted guy dragging Seohyun forcefully, his over-protectiveness about anything Seohyun just took over his whole body. It took a lot of self control from his part to not kill the guy. He still remembers Seohyun’s tear-stained face that night. It felt as if his heart is being ripped from his chest. He never liked seeing her cries. He wanted to hug her, tell her everything’s fine but his hatred towards her suddenly punched him back to reality. He hated how after all those years she left him alone, she’s still the only one who can make his whole being forget about everything else whenever she’s around―that she’s still the only one capable of hurting him, that she’s still the only one his heart holds most dear.

Luhan’s heart wants Seohyun back in his life. His mind? Not so much. So when Chorong presented herself to him the next day, confessing her love, he accepted. If only to hurt Seohyun. If only to make Seohyun feels what he felt all those years she’s gone. But he regretted the idea after seeing Junmyeon talking happily with Seohyun. In the end, he still ends up being the miserable one.

And then he heard about Soohyun. Luhan doesn’t know him. But hearing how the said guy is apparently Seohyun’s world, his own world crumbled down right in front of his very own eyes. Just when Luhan thought he knew how pain really feels, Seohyun came back and made him realize he can feel much, much more broken.

But he loves her. So, so much, he’d rather die than knowing he did nothing to get her back. So he gives himself one last try. One last try to make things right.

 

###

 

Yoona smiles when she sees Luhan. Everyone else stop what they are doing upon seeing him. Hyoyeon raises an eyebrow at Yoona who just shrugs.

“What are you doing here, Luhan?” Sooyoung asks. “You do know this party is only for girls, right?”

Luhan sighs before pointing at Seohyun who is still sleeping at the couch. “Yoona asked me to give her a ride home.”

Sooyoung squeals. She, then, walks towards Luhan and gives him a pat in the back. “You’re finally doing something right! Go get your girl, mister!”

Luhan just shakes his head before finally walking towards Seohyun. He examines her face. She still looks beautiful, the most beautiful woman he has ever laid his eyes upon.

Luhan gathers her up in his arms and carries her. He looks at Hyoyeon briefly who just smiles at him before he finally leaves. He takes her to his car and gently makes her sit in the passenger seat. He adjusts the seat so she can lie down a little. Just when he is about to start his car, his phone rings. Chorong. He sighs. He needs to end things with her. He doesn’t wish to hurt her any further by allowing her to think he feels the same way.

“Hello?” He answers.

“Hi, baby! Where are you?” Chorong asks. She sounds so happy on the other line that Luhan feels so guilty for using her. No one deserves something like that. He’ll understand if the girl will hate him forever.

“Chorong, listen.” He says seriously. “I’m sorry that I have to do this through a phone call but you need to know the truth.”

“What―what are you up to right now, Luhan?” She asks, nervousness evident on her voice.

“I’m not in love with you.” Luhan confesses. “I’ve never looked at you that way.”

He hears her gasp. “But why―why did you go out with me?” Chorong cries.

“Because I want to prove my friends I moved on.” He explains. “I want to prove myself I can move on. But I can’t, Chorong. I really can’t. I’m still deeply in love with the girl I fell for since eight years ago. And I’m sorry. I’m sorry I can’t love you back. You deserve someone so much better that I could ever be.”

There is a pause before Chorong finally ends the call. Luhan sighs.

 

###

 

It takes almost an hour to get Seohyun to bed. Thank Hyoyeon for calling him a little too late to tell him that he forgot to bring Seohyun’s bag with him and her apartment’s key is inside and that he should just bring her to his condo because the older girl won’t tolerate another male intrusion at her party.

Luhan takes her shoes off as she snuggles in the comfort of his blanket. He decides to change her clothes so she’ll be a lot more comfortable sleeping. He takes a clean white shirt and a pair of sweatpants in his closet before he tries waking her up so she can change.

“Seohyun,” He calls her name. “Wake up and change. I promise to let you sleep after.”

“Hmm…” Seohyun stirs and slowly opens her eyes. Her vision is a bit blurry. “Luhan?” She asks.

“Yes―yes, it’s me. Sit up.” He orders but helps her when she had a hard time sitting. “Can you change your clothes alone?” He asks. She just nods and starts ing her shirt. Luhan stands up and leaves the room to give her some privacy.

Luhan waits just outside the room when he hears a loud thud coming from inside. He quicky goes in and he sees Seohyun standing up from the floor―the sweatpants he gave her is lying on the floor. She’s only on his shirt and her underwear. He gulps and looks away. Now that they are no longer together, it doesn’t seem right for him to see her that way anymore. Seohyun stares at him.

“I―I can’t wear it. I feel so,” A hiccup. “…dizzy.”

Luhan sighs and helps her get on his bed. She closes her eyes as soon as her back meets the comforts of his bed. He tucks her in before he gets another shirt from his closet and shorts and goes to the bathroom. He needs a cold bath.

When he goes out of the bathroom in his room, he sees Seohyun staring at him.

“Are you okay?” He asks. Seohyun doesn’t answer, instead she suddenly looks like she is about to cry. Luhan rushes over to her.

“What’s wrong?” He asks again.

Seohyun shakes her head.

A pause.

“Will you―Can you stay―?” She whispers. “Beside me.”

Luhan looks at her straight in the eyes.

“I will.”

 


Just so you guys know, this is only a five-chaptered fic. Comments are love. ^^