Chapter 5

Love so Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

EVENING

 

"Jihyo-ah it's time to eat" Byun Yo Han calls Jihyo 

 

It's seemed like Jihyo didn't hear her cousin calling him..that's why Byun-seonsaeng goes to Jihyo's room whose not answering.

 

When he enters the room, Jihyo is reading the tons of Mendel's book. Byun-seonsaeng approaches her and asked...

 

"You're reading Mendel's book. Did something bad happened in your lessons?"

 

"None, I just.... want to read it." she excused and looked in the trash can where she threw the gift.

 

"Okay, do that later, let's eat first". 

 

==================================================================

 

MONDAY MORNING

 

PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE

 

*knock* *knock* 

 

"Sir, you called me?" Kim-seonsaeng enters the office.

 

"Ohh, Kim-seonsaeng..." principal greeted the teacher.

 

"Actually, I called you because.. Byun Yo han-seonsaeng, JIhyo-hagsaeng guardian made a demand to end the Englsih extra lessons". He explained to the English teacher.

 

"Her guardian?" Teacher Kim asked and looked to Byun-seonsaeng.

 

"The truth is, Jihyo-hagsaeng's parents are working in abroad.... and here Byun-seonsaeng stands as her guardian." the Vice Principal said.

 

"Ever since, the lessons started.. she has been acting erratically..and this weekend was especially bad. She spent the weekends in her room reading Mendel's book."

 

"Mendel?" Teacher Kim asked.

 

"He is a professor of genetic engineering at University of California"

 

"When something is really bothering her, she has the habit of going to her room and reading his books." The Byun-seonsaeng added.

 

"Did she said anything?" asked the English teacher.

 

"No, she didn't. She isn't the type of girl who will tell what's bothering her"

 

"If you are her guardian, shouldn't you check her? I have nothing to feel guilty for this." Kim-seonsaeng said and look the principal.

 

"Eyy.. Teacher Kim..we're not saying you've done anything to her..Anyway, Jihyo's English's grade have gone up." vice-principal explained.

 

" SHe can do better, plus---" Kim-seonsaeng defended.

 

"Stop it Teacher Kim. With her current scores and our recommendation letter.. she can enter any university she wants. So SOng Jihyo- hagsaeng English extra lessons, from today it's over. Understand?" interfered of the principal. 

 

The English teacher is helpless on the situation and just nodded to end the heating discussion in the office.

 

======================

 

3rd floor corridor

 

"JIhyo-ah." Byun-seonsaeng calls and patted Jihyo's shoulder.

 

"Ahmm.. Jihyo-ah you don't need to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter