Love-3

Three Kinds of Love (With Three Kinds of Boys)

            At the age of 21, I feel like I was pretty successful. I was in the university of my choice, learning something I was genuinely interested in. But I don’t think that’s what everyone is curious about. What about my love life?

            Well, long story short, yes I’ve dated, no, none of those relationships really worked out well. Thankfully, none of the breakups were too horrible, I wasn’t one to cry for days or turn into a crazy ex-girlfriend psychopath (although there was that one time I caught one of my past boyfriends flirting with Kai Xin. She almost killed him, no joke.)

            But one summer day, everything was going to change.

* * *

            Looking outside I felt like it would be a waste to stay inside on such a gorgeous day, the sun was bright and looking at the weather report it wasn’t dreadfully humid. So as I pulled on my sneakers, I decided I was going on a walk in the nearby park.

            As I was walking down the sidewalk, an ice cream truck caught my eye. There was nothing better than ice cream on a hot day, and so I made my way to it. Upon getting my ice cream cone, I happily continued on my way while eating my ice cream. I felt like a child all over again.

            But because I was so pre-occupied by the way the sun shone through the leaves, the pretty play of lights that I didn’t realize that there was a ledge on the road. I stumbled; about to fall as the ice cream cone flew out of my hand. I took a huge step in order to regain my balance and felt like a ninja when I didn’t fall. But when I looked up, horror filled my body.

            A man had my ice cream cone in his hand, offering it to me, with ice cream all over his face, neck, and shirt. His expression was alarmingly calm.

            “I believe this is yours,” he spoke, raising an eyebrow, “Although there isn’t much left.”

            Did I mention how attractive this guy was? Even with ice cream all over his face, he still looked ridiculously perfect. Great, as if this couldn’t get worse.

            “Wow, I’m so sorry,” I apologized fervently, reaching into my bag for tissues, “I wasn’t looking where I was going, I’m really sorry.”

            He reached to take the tissues, and after wiping his face and neck replied, “It was getting hot anyway,” he smiled, “Although you now owe me.”

            I looked at him surprised, “I owe you?”

            He nodded, a grin on his face, “Yes. You owe me.”

            “What exactly do I owe you?” I looked at him suspicious, not liking what he was saying.

            He smiled wider, “It’s nothing like you’re thinking, completely innocent.”

            “Okay,” I paused still unsure what to make of the situation, “What do you want?”

           “Nothing much, you’re going to be buying me ice cream,” he laughed looking at my expression, “But later, although I do like ice cream, I feel uncomfortably sticky.”

            “Sure,” I agreed, “Where?”

            “Pass your phone,” he replied, ignoring my question.

            “Uh,” I paused, unsure, “Why?”

            “I don’t know how long it’s going to take for me to wash,” he said matter-of-factly, “I’ll text you the time and place, pass your phone.”

            I passed it silently, warily looking at him.

            “Here you go,” he smiled at me, handing my phone back, “I’ll see you later.”

            When he smiled, I felt my pulse speed up, and I was left in a daze as he walked away, saluting me with two fingers.

            After a moment had passed, I shake my head quickly.

            ‘Oh no. Not again.’

* * *

            When I had made my way back home, I still couldn’t believe what happened. I plopped down onto my favourite couch (when I moved into the apartment, I brought my couch with me), and sighed.

            ‘What have I gotten myself into this time?’ I think as I eat some goldfish crackers, looking for something to watch on T.V.

            After more than half an hour of idle channel flipping, a sudden ding startled me, I look to see the screen of my phone lit up and was surprised by how excited I was.

            I hopped over to my phone looking at the new text from…Luhan? I ran my fingers through my hair, that isn’t a Korean name.

            It’s the guy who you owe an ice cream to. Meet me at 3 at The Chocolateria.

            I checked the time to see that it was two thirty, and rushed to get the directions to the shop. Upon googling it, I discovered this chocolate and ice cream shop is only a 10 minute walk from my apartment.

            I slung my purse over my body, grabbed my cap and put it haphazardly onto my head as I looked at myself in the mirror. My cheeks were flushed and my eyes seemed to be bright with excitement, and I could feel my heart was doing some stupid tap dance in my chest. ‘No. Hana, stop being an idiot. A man with a face like that is way outta your league.’

            After taking a deep breath to calm my (stupid) nerves, I left my apartment.

* * *

            I walked into the shop, slightly nervous. A blast of cold air welcomed me as soon as I stepped in, and I looked around taking in the calm, leisurely atmosphere.

            Not seeing Luhan, I take this time to look at the large variety of chocolate treats available, and looking at the truffles, saliva floods my mouth. I give in to my chocolate cravings and buy a box; I curse Luhan in my head as eat one, I was going to break out tomorrow and it’s all because he made me come to a chocolate shop.

            I had just sat down at the table closest to the window and stuffed a truffle in my mouth, when the door jingled signaling a new customer had entered. I turn to see Luhan enter in all his glory, looking heart-stoppingly gorgeous.

            His eyes swept the shop, focusing on me before chuckling and waving at me. I wondered why he laughed when I realized I probably looked like a gluttonous gorilla with the huge truffle I had stuffed into my mouth. I turn away in embarrassment, and hurriedly chew and swallow the delicious chocolate cursing Luhan for his timing (I wanted to enjoy it too, *sighs*). I cap my box and tuck it under my arm as I quickly made my way to him, “So what would you like?” I ask rubbing the corner of my lips, making sure no chocolate had found its way there.

            Luhan’s eyes sparkled in the light flooding the shop, “It’s okay, go enjoy your chocolate, don’t let me get in the way of you and your truffles.”

            I could feel my cheeks heat up, and although I don’t blush, it felt like my face was burning, “Sorry, about that.”

            “Their truffles are to die for, I know,” Luhan laughs, “You have good taste.”

            I swore my heart skipped a beat when he laughed, and tried to push away the feeling of inadequacy as I looked at Luhan. He looked nothing short of an angel, soft golden hair just short of falling into a pair of kind, twinkling eyes.

            I shake myself from the trance that I always seemed find myself in whenever Luhan is around, “It’s okay,” I shrug nonchalantly, trying to act casual, “I can always eat them later, what kind of ice cream would you like?”

            "You'll know when you pay for it," Luhan says with a cheeky grin.

            I only roll my eyes as I follow him to the register, but when we got there, something unexpected happened. When the cashier saw us, or rather Luhan, he smiled so widely I thought his face would split in two.

            "Hey pretty boy!" He yelled, while reaching up to ruffle Luhan's hair, "Wow, you got tall."

            "Yup, short now are we now?" Luhan teases before flicking the other boy's forehead.

            "Ow," the cashier mumbled rubbing his forehead, before he saw me awkwardly standing there silently judging them, "Who's the pretty lady? Still the way you are with girls eh?"

              Still the way you are with girls eh? The words echoed in my head before I grasped the implication. Luhan is loose with his affection, and I should remember that.

            Luhan just flicked the boy again, "Shut up Chen. I see Xiumin still doesn't trust you with making anything."

            I cleared my throat, "If you two don't mind, I still owe him," I gestured to Luhan, "Ice cream, and I have other things to do today." (Okay, so the last part was a lie, I probably would go home and flop around the house until dinner.)

            "Well then," Chen nodded, grin still on his face, "Don't want to get in between you two lovebirds."

            Embarrassment came and hit me like a brick wall, "No, no, no," I shake my head vigorously, "It's not like that," I say sounding like I was being strangled, "We aren't like that. Besides, I don't think Luhan even knows my name."

            Luhan thought for a second, "Hm. You're right. What's your name then?"

            "Yan Hana, nice to meet you," I say albeit a little bit sarcastically, while sticking my hand out for  him to shake, "Who would appreciate it if you would order your ice cream."

            "Luhan, nice to meet you too," and when he shakes my hand, I have to refrain from swearing (does crap count?). Because, there are effing tingles.

            "Alright," Chen, who had been watching our entire exchange, spoke up, "Let's get that ice cream shall we?"

            "So, Luhan," Chen starts with a sort of sneaky smile on his face, "What would you like?"

            "Do you even need to ask?" Luhan says, a matter-of-factly, "Only, make it large."

            Chen raised his eyebrows, “Sure, coming right up.”

            “Wait,” I stopped Chen from starting to make the order, “You forgot to charge the money.”

            “Forgot?” Chen snorted, “Xiumin would have my hide if I charged pretty boy.”

            “But you aren’t charging him, you’re charging me,” I say, trying to explain.         

            “But Luhan’s eating it right?” Chen retorts, “Seriously, if Xiumin found out he would stop my supply of orange truffles,” Chen shuddered, “Trust me.”

            “I have to pay though,” I say frustrated, “Or else I still owe Luhan,” I whispered the second part with a grimace.

            At this a sort of strange expression came over his face, before a sneaky smile made its way onto his face, “Alright, but I can’t let you pay sorry. Maybe Luhan wants something else?” Chen winks.

            “Ahem,” Luhan says to get the attention of Chen and I, “I believe we are holding up a line.”

            I look to see a line of six people waiting for their turn at the register; some were craning their necks to see what was causing the hold up.

            “Don’t worry about it Hana,” Chen says winking again, “I’m sure Luhan will have something else you can help him with.”

            Chen put so much emphasis on something that it kind of scared me, but before I could demand what he meant he turned and started putting together the ice cream.

            “Come on,” Luhan tells me, as he wraps his hand around my arm and pulls me to the table I had sat at earlier. And there it was again, effing tingles.

            After we had taken our respective seats across from each other, I realized something, “You knew Chen wasn’t going to charge you!” I accuse, not amused, “Why did you ask for me to buy ice cream for you then?”

            “Is it wrong for me to ask a pretty girl to buy me some ice cream?” Luhan then has the audacity to wink at me.

            It’s safe to say that I melted and turned into a puddle. (OF FRIGGIN FEELZZZZ ~author is sorry but not sorry.)

            ‘He probably says that to every girl,’ I tell myself trying to convince the butterflies, no forget butterflies, there are blue whales floundering around in my stomach, to stop.

            “And how many girls have you said that to, pretty boy?” I retort, trying to cover the effect he had on me.

            Luhan made a face, “Ugh, don’t call me that.”

            “Call you what, pretty boy?” I say innocently, teasing him.

            Luhan then pouts and I have to resist the temptation on pinching his cheeks, “Fine then, if you call me pretty boy, then I’ll call you,” Luhan pauses thinking, “Kitchen Sink girl!”

            I look at him appalled, “Kitchen sink girl? That has nothing to do with me!”

            Suddenly there was a mischievous look on Luhan’s face, “Oh? So you think I’m pretty then?”

            I splutter, before rolling my eyes and quip, “Yeah, you’re pretty. Pretty ugly that is.”

            Luhan pulls the saddest (and most adorable asdfghjkl) kicked puppy face and I regret saying that for a second before he laughs.

            “I think you mispronounced manly there,” Luhan grins, “I agree, I am pretty manly.”

            I take this chance to admire his features that belong on a porcelain doll, and disagree, “Nope, not manly. Sorry pretty boy.”

            He was just about to respond when Chen walked over with a massive order of ice cream, “One Kitchen Sink for pretty boy and Kitchen Sink girl. Already on a nickname basis I see,” Chen pauses, smiling slyly, “Although Hana, I suggest you give Luhan another nickname. Too many people call him that.”

            “And who might these people be?” I ask although I had a pretty good idea who.

            Chen leans in and whispers loudly, “HIS SEA OF FANGIRLS.

            I feel a little sting in my chest, knowing there were so many girls wanting his affection and attention. Why would he need another?

            Luhan makes a face before saying, “Oh, shut up Chen.”

            I push away the irrational feeling of disappointment, “So you aren’t denying it, are you?”

            Luhan throws his hands up in the air in defeat, “I give up. You guys win.”

            Chen laughs before saying, “Take your ice cream and eat it before it melts,” Chen places the ice cream on the table before returning to the counter.

            Upon closer inspection I counted at least five scoops of ice cream, all laying on a bed truffles, chocolate shavings, chunks, pretzels and everything else you could find in the shop.

            "Kitchen Sink?" I look curiously at the mountain of ice cream and chocolate in front of me, "Why would someone name this 'Kitchen Sink'?"

            I hear a snicker from the register before Luhan raises his hand and says, "Guilty."

            "Huh?" I my head to the side. "You named this?"

            "Well, I used to work here in my teenage years," Luhan starts, "Xiumin said we, the employees were to each create our own ice cream dish to sell to the customers, whoever sells the most of his or her ice cream gets to put their ice cream onto the menu."

            "And you won," I say stating the obvious, "But that still doesn't explain the name."

            "Since it has everything the shop has to offer in it and you know how all food ends up in kitchen sinks? So that's how it was named."

            "It was rigged," Chen yells while making ice cream for another customer.

            Luhan rolls his eyes, "Chen thinks the only reason I won was because of my 'sea of fangirls'" Luhan quotes with his fingers, "He just doesn't want to admit that I have better ideas."

            I could feel Chen rolling his eyes, "At least I don't walk into here with a different girl on my arm every single time."

            ‘Hana this is exactly why you shouldn't get too attached,’ but that still doesn’t stop my attraction to him, I sigh defeated.

            “Huh?” Luhan looks at me concerned, “Is something wrong?”

            Looking into his eyes, I felt my throat close up and shake my head, “No, it’s nothing,” I look for else to talk about before my gaze settles on the ice cream, “Are looking to be obese?”

            Luhan looks unsure whether or not to change the topic before he grins, “I have a fast metabolism, a little bit of sweets won’t do anything.”

            I look at him incredulously, “A little?

            “Okay, maybe it’s a bit more than a little,” Luhan hands me a spoon, “That’s why you will be eating with me.”

            As we ate the mountain of ice cream, I learned a lot about Luhan. His childhood dream was to be an idol but his major is business. Even though he had wanted to be an idol he had accepted that he would most likely manage a part of his family’s business. But Luhan loved singing too much; hence it is his second major. Likewise he also learned a lot about me, my major (math), and what job I wanted (an actuary).

            The ice cream had long turned into a pool in which pieces of pretzels were swimming about in, but we continued to talk. I found it was easy talking with Luhan, we had a lot in common, yet there were so many things that we didn’t agree on.

            I only realized how late it was when I noticed Luhan was bathed in orange light; I looked out the window and saw the sun was starting to set. I check my phone to see it was close to eight.

            Luhan had also seen the setting sun and stood up, I followed suit and stretched. Sitting in a chair for more than four hours can really cramp your muscles, even though the time I had spent with Luhan seemed to fly by.

            “That was very fun,” Luhan comments as he makes his way to my side of the table, “You are very good company.”

            “You as well,” I reply feeling a slightly timid at his proximity.

            “We should do this again sometime,” he suggests and I have to remind myself not to over think his words.

            “We’ll see,” I smile, not wanting to set myself for disappointment. He’s a player. I admonish, remember Baekhyun? Remember how that turned out?

            “You should probably get going,” Luhan says smiling, “I wouldn’t want to keep you from your dinner.”

            I tilt my head to the side, “What about you?”

            Luhan looks over at Chen who was currently wiping the tables, “Me and Chen have some catching up to do.”

            “Well, it was nice to meet you,” as I turn to leave, “I’ll see you around.”

            Luhan then proceeds to put a ‘hand phone’ by his ear and mouths, ‘Call me’ as I wave to him.

            Just as I was about to step out the door Luhan hollers, “Hana, wait!”

            When I spin around, he had already reached where I was standing. And he was close, very close. My breath hitched in my throat.

            “You know how you still owe me?” Luhan asks softly, a little smirk playing on his lips.

            I nod, unable to form a coherent sentence.

            “Well,” Luhan’s little smirk turns into a huge evil grin, “Not anymore.”

            Then he dumps the lukewarm melted ice cream over my head, (I am pretty sure I squeaked), pieces of chocolate and soggy pretzels are trapped in my hair as the fluid runs down my shirt. (Thank goodness I didn’t wear white.)

            I stare at him aghast, “LUHAN!”

            All he does is give me a cocky wink, before saying, “Now we’re even.”

            “You are evil,” I respond before stomping out of the Chocolateria without looking back.

            I must have looked somewhere in between an idiot and a lunatic with a huge stupid grin on my face with various sweets plastered to my hair and clothes, and let’s not forget the fact I was drenched in melted ice cream.

            What I didn’t know was that Luhan was staring at my fading figure with the same stupid grin on his face.

* * *

            It had been a month since I had ice cream with Luhan, and I still couldn’t get him out of my head.

            It was so ridiculous; here I was pining for a guy that I met once. Once for heaven’s sake.

            Not to mention he had probably forgotten my existence by this point.

            I will be honest and say that I stalked him on every social media platform there was, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Weibo. He was very successful; he had a huge following, and of course, was mostly female.

            I guess he is kind of a celebrity, and celebrities never stay around.

            And Chen had said Luhan is a bit of a player, so that just made it all the more hopeless.

            I need to get back into the dating pool.

            Curse Luhan, now every time I think about dating, his face keeps popping up. It’s just that much harder to forget about him. No matter how I try, he never seems to disappear.

            My phone dings.

                                                           You have half an hour to get your to Baekhyun’s place. So hurry up.

                                                                                                                                                                  ~Sent from Chanyeol

            I jolt in surprise, it was Baekhyun’s birthday party today and I haven’t even picked up the cake yet.

            And so I rush out of my apartment, throwing on what I deem ‘acceptable’ clothes and run to the bakery that is conveniently at the bottom of my apartment building.

            Even though I tried making it there on time, I still ended up being ten minutes late (there was a slight mix up with the orders at the bakery).

            When I entered, the party was already in full swing. I had just seen Tao when a huge giant blocks my line of vision.

            “You are late,” Chanyeol states, arms crossed over his chest, trying to look severe, but failing.

            “There was a mix up at the bakery though!” I defend myself, even though I didn’t really have to, I just like bickering with Chanyeol.

            Chanyeol tutts, “No excuses.”

            I roll my eyes, “Get out of the way you great lump, the cake needs to be in the fridge.”

            I shove past Chanyeol and make my way to the kitchen, I could hear Chanyeol yelling, “HANA! Come back here you little twerp, I haven’t finished lecturing you!”

            I shot back, “Well, you can shove it, Bigfoot.”

            When I stuck the cake into the fridge, I turn around to see Chanyeol holding his arms out.

            “I just wanted an excuse to talk to you,” Chanyeol pouted, “We haven’t talked in for-e-ver!”

            I rolled my eyes, “Yeah, because I didn’t have tea with you two days ago.”

            “C’mon,” Chanyeol grins, “Give me a hug, my arms are getting numb.”

            And I pretty much tackle him. Sure we had tea together two days ago, no matter what I say; I missed him and his craziness. We haven’t been seeing each other as much because we aren’t in the same university, but our bond is still as strong as ever.

            I snuggle myself into his comforting embrace, before saying, “I missed you and your ugly face too.”

            “Hey!” Chanyeol detangles himself from my arms, and flicks his hair to the side before sending me an exaggerated wink, “You know you want a piece of this.”

            I gag.

            “Where’s the birthday boy?” I ask, I haven’t seen Baekhyun when I had entered.

            Chanyeol smirks, “Sulking in his room, I might have told him that you might not be coming.”

            “Chanyeol!” I scold, “You know how sensitive he is about birthdays.”

            I hurried to Baekhyun’s room before opening the door.

            “How’s my favourite beagle?” I say as a greeting.

             Baekhyun who was sitting despondently on his bed, immediately jumped up and tackled me with a bear hug.

             “You came!” Baekhyun clapped happily, he reminded me of an over-excited puppy.

             “Of course I did you dimwit,” I laugh, “Since when do you trust what Chanyeol says?”

             Chanyeol pops his head into the room, “You guys can cuddle later. Baekhyun it’s your birthday, shouldn’t you be out there?”

             “Don’t be jealous,” I tease, “Just admit Baekhyun cuddles better than you.”

             Chanyeol huffs, “No one cuddles better than me.”

             “Hey!” Baekhyun lights up (pun intended), “Have you met my roommate?”

             “Obviously I haven’t,” I say, “I’ve been here for less than five minutes and the only people I have talked to are you two.”

             “I think you’ll like him,” Baekhyun chuckles, “I think he still might be talking to Tao and Kai Xin, he’s from China so they started talking in rapid fire Mandarin and I bowed out gracefully.”

             “Right,” I nod, “That’s why you are still in your room.”

             “Come on,” Chanyeol interrupts before grabbing our arms and dragging Baekhyun and I out of the room.

             When I see the packed living room, I can recognize some faces but there were a lot of unfamiliar faces as well. The living room wasn’t big, so there were around ten people chatting and mingling.

             A cheer goes up around the room as the guests realize we had finally gotten Baekhyun out of his room. Everyone had turned around and was wishing Baekhyun happy birthday at the same time. But as I was looking for Kai Xin and Tao, I see him.

             Luhan.

             What was he doing here? And I could see similar surprise in his eyes when he saw me.

             And the blue whales are back.

             When the excitement had died down and everyone was back to talking, now with Baekhyun in the mix, Luhan strode up to me.

             “Well,” Luhan smiles, a little bit cautiously, “Fancy meeting you here.”

             “Same to you,” I look at him, “You’re friends with Baekhyun?”

             “Yeah,” he nods, “I’m his roommate actually.”

             “Oh! So you were the one he was talking about,” I say surprised, “It’s a small world after all.”

                                                               * * *

            “I wanted to bring you guys to the Chocolateria and introduce Chen to everyone,” Luhan asked as we were cleaning up after the party, “I think y’all will get along swimmingly.”

            “Who’s ‘you guys’?” I ask, while wiping down the table.

            “Kai Xin, Tao, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol was going to come, but he’s busy tomorrow,” Luhan shrugs, “It would be nice if you could make it.”

            I think about it for a moment, “Alright. When?”

            “One in the afternoon,” Luhan beams, “I’ll see you then.”

* * *

            It turned out that Kai Xin mysteriously needed to get something done and Tao had to babysit (even though Tao would never babysit, he’s a child himself).

            So with that time, Luhan had somehow made me fall headfirst for him, and it only got worse.

            I didn’t realize at first, we would all agree to go out and everyone would cancel so it was just Luhan and I. I didn’t consider them ‘dates’ though, he probably needed someone to talk to. But every time we met up, I would fall more foolishly in love.

            After two months of this, I was doing my work when Chanyeol barges into my apartment.

            I had given him my keys ever since I started living here, and I also had his.

            “HANA!” Chanyeol yells, his loud voice echoing through the hall.

            “What?” I ask completely immersed in what I was doing.

            Chanyeol burst into my room, “Are you cheating on me?”

            I swivel around before launching my pencil onto his head, “First of all, no. And second of all, I don’t have crap taste in men.”

            “Well,” Chanyeol mumbles, “You do have a taste for men that are called Luhan.”

            “W-what?” I stutter, caught off guard, “What are you talking about?”

            “Oh come on,” Chanyeol sighs, “I know you better than you think. You get all flutter-y whenever Luhan is mentioned, not forgetting the fact that you have been going on dates with him practically every week for the past month. Seriously, and I bet if I check your phone, you have texted him in the last 5 hours.”

            “Dates?” I looked at him skeptically, “They aren’t dates, and he just wants someone to talk to.”

            “Yeah,” Chanyeol grumbles, “That someone being exclusively you.”

            I look at his dejected face, and realize what’s going on, “Are you jealous?”

            He hurrumphs, “Yes, you have been ignoring me ever since you and Luhan have been hanging out.”

            I ignore his emphasis on the last phrase and stand up, “Chanyeol you are my best friend. Luhan isn’t going to take away my affection for you, no one can,” I give him a hug, “Let’s go have some tea shall we?”

            Chanyeol then proceeds to crush my ribs, “Yes, we shall,” he then leans and whispers into my ear, “I’m not stupid you know, I know how you feel about Luhan.”

            Ugh, Chanyeol’s right. Just the thought of him causes the blue whales in my stomach to start a disco party.

            I shrug offhandedly, “It doesn’t matter,” I breathe deeply, “It’s not like he feels the same way.”

            Chanyeol stared at me for a second before shaking his head and saying something along the lines of, “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

* * *

           A couple of days after the confrontation with Chanyeol, I receive a cryptic text from Tao.

            Meet me at the front of the library…I have something special for you!

            I scratch my head in confusion, as far as I knew today wasn’t a holiday or anything. But I wrap my scarf around my neck and head outside.

            When I had reached the library, I could see Tao standing there waiting for me.

            “So,” I startle him, “What’s that something special you have for me?”

            Tao holds out a gorgeous leather-bound book with an image of a glass slipper on the cover, “I was told to give you this.”

            I look in awe at the book, Cinderella was my favourite childhood princess and I had always wanted this particular edition of the story. But because of the fact it was of limited quantity I wasn’t able to get it.

            I brush my hands over the book and look at Tao gratefully, “Wow, thank you. I don’t even know what to say!”

            Tao’s response is a laugh, “It’s not from me silly! I didn’t even know you had a thing for Cinderella.”

            “Oh,” I say confused, “Who’s it from then?”

            “Go to the nearest café,” Tao ignores my question, “Something else awaits for you there.”

* * *

            I know which café Tao is referring to, but am still puzzled over what was going on. It seemed like someone was sending me on a wild goose chase.

            When I stepped into the little shop the sweet aroma of sugar hit me, along with a blast of warm air. I sweep around the café before seeing Kai Xin sitting in a booth waving enthusiastically at me.

            “Hello,” she greets, a wide grin on her face, it looked too sneaky for my liking, “Have some hot chocolate.”

            I sit down across from her and see a hot mug with steam rising from it; I look in to see four melted marshmallows floating about.

            “How did you know I liked four marshmallows in my hot cocoa?” I asked taking a tentative sip of the hot chocolate, “I don’t remember ever mentioning it.”

            “Clearly someone was paying attention,” Kai Xin raises an eyebrow at me.

            “And it isn’t you.”

            She laughs, “No, sorry babe,” she winks, “Don’t swing that way. But I do believe it is time for you cross the road. Something is waiting, probably impatiently too.”

            When I was about to leave the booth Kai Xin stops me, “He’s a keeper, don’t let him get away.”

            But before I could ask what she meant, she also gets up and exits the shop before I could even utter a word.

            By the time I was outside, Kai Xin was a long way off and skipping away. I look across the road like she told me to and see a familiar short silhouette.

* * *

            “Hey Hana,” Baekhyun nodded, “A little birdie told me to give this to you.”

            I look at the ice cream in his hand and look back to his face, “You seem very quiet. That isn’t like you.”

            “Don’t forget about me okay?” He asks, looking surprisingly vulnerable, “Promise?”

            I look at him concerned, wondering what had brought it on when he changes his demeanor completely, giving me a smile.

            “Take it,” Baekhyun hands me the ice cream, “Although I don’t suggest eating it in this weather. How did that bugger get ice cream in this time of year anyway?”

            “Thanks,” I accept it, “And I won’t forget you. You’re one of my best friends, nothing will change that.”

            “Go on,” Baekhyun replied, “Someone is waiting at the Chocolateria.”

* * *

            When I got there, I didn’t know what to expect. What I didn’t expect was Chanyeol standing there with a box of truffles in his hands.

            “Didn’t expect to see you here,” Chanyeol said jokingly, “But here, something for you.”

            “Wow,” I look at him a little bit confused, “Did you do this?”

            “Make you do some much needed exercise?”

            “No!” I slapped him.

            “Geez woman,” he complains, “But no. It wasn’t my planning.”

            “Huh?”

            “Is your hearing impaired?”

            “No,” I roll my eyes, “Just confused over who would do this.”

            “Well,” he dragged out, before looking me seriously, eyes staring into mine, “But whoever did, he’s going to treat you like a princess. And don’t doubt it, because you deserve it.”

            Chanyeol loops his arm around mine and pulls me into his car.

            “Where are we going?”

            “When are we going to stop?”

            “Where are you taking me?”

            He just ignored me.

* * *

            Chanyeol dropped me off at the side of the park and told me to just walk straight, before giving me a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek. He left immediately after.

           I was hit with a sense of déjàvu as I walked on the gravel road, holding the cold ice cream cone. (The truffles and the book were tucked safely in my bag.)

            And then I saw him.

            He looked like an angel; all that was missing was a pair of wings. The sun was shining on his hair, bright golds mixed with soft yellow. No matter how many times I had seen his face, it never fails to take my breath away. Large and expressive eyes, a sharp nose, and full lips.

            As I walked closer, a heart-stopping grin appeared on his face and he held out a hand to me.

            Even though I have held his hand a couple times already, the soft, warm tingles were still there. Travelling up my arm and spreading throughout my body.

            We sit down on a park bench, angling our bodies so that we more or less facing each other.

            “So,” Luhan smiles, a little bit unsure of himself, “You’re probably wondering what’s going on.”

            “Yes,” I manage to say, getting my feelings under control.

            “The thing is,” he pauses and his lips, “The thing is, I like you. A lot.”

            I think my heart stopped. This isn’t happening.

            Luhan continued, looking anywhere but at me, “Ever since the first time I met you, I couldn’t get you out of my head. You were different from every single girl I’ve ever met, and no one else could compare.”

            I wait for him to meet my eyes, “Luhan, what do you see in me? I mean, look at you! You have girls, and even boys, falling for you left and right. And…” I swallow hard, “I’m just me.”

            Luhan seemed shocked at my question, and a sweet smile appears on his face, “There are so many things I admire about you, the way you don’t back down for what you believe in, the way you are loyal to your friends, and everything else that makes you, you. And of all the people I’ve encountered, you’re the one that understands me the most.”

            He reaches over to me and touches my cheek, and for a moment I could feel the tender warmth in his gaze, “Will you give me a chance? Be my girlfriend?” He asks, looking straight into my eyes.

            When I could convince my brain to function again, the thing that comes out is, “Since you bought me truffles, I can’t say no, can I?”

            (When we told everyone we were dating, they only sighed and replied, “It was about time.”)

* * *

           One week later he asked me out on the first ‘official’ date.  

            I think we were both nervous in the beginning, but we found our pace. Luhan had prepared a picnic for us, and he made a killer ham and cheese sandwich. As we talked and teased each other, I felt warmth wash over me.

            With our backs leaning against a tall maple tree, leaves swirling through the air, Luhan turns and as if asking for permission, pauses. I laugh knowing what he was asking and nod; I could see a sliver of a grin on his face as he leans in. When we were a breath apart, I close the distance, and I could feel his soft full lips against mine. I didn’t feel fireworks or explosions, but I felt this sweet ache. Starting and radiating from my chest, it reaches my fingertips and toes, I couldn’t move, I was ensnared in a trap. Luhan reached his hand to the back of my head and gently pulled me closer. The feeling within me was something I had never felt before; it felt like magic that was thrumming in my veins. It was a feeling I wouldn’t give for anything in the world.

            When we pulled apart, Luhan rested his forehead on mine whispered breathlessly, “Wow.”

* * *

            It was two in the morning and I couldn’t sleep. For an inexplicable reason, I had been lying in bed for three hours and yet I was still wide awake. Suddenly my phone buzzes.

                                                                Are you awake? If you see this in the morning then ignore it.

                                                                                                                                                        ~Luhan

            We found ourselves on a hill in the park. The sky was clear tonight, stars were twinkling splendidly in the sky, and the full moon lit the night brightly.

            I was resting my head in Luhan’s lap, while he was gently running his fingers through my hair. Personally I think it calmed him more than me.

            We were quiet; the only sound in the tranquil night was our breaths. After a little while I finally felt peace and I could slowly feel myself falling into sleep.

            And as I looked into Luhan’s eyes, I thought I was seeing a reflection of my own, filled with love. I realized then, that yes, I love him.

            “I love you,” I murmur, half-asleep but meaning every word.

            Right before I fell asleep I could feel Luhan brush his lips over my forehead and replying, “I love you more, now go to sleep, my angel.”

* * *

            After one year of dating, we decide to move in together. At first it was intimidating, but we got to know each other on another level.

            While living together, it wasn’t perfect. We bickered, argued, and fought. But there were more times which we cared for and loved each other.

* * *

            One month after Luhan moved in with me, I took him to meet my parents. It was an absolute disaster. My father didn’t like Luhan, because of something along the lines of Luhan not being able to protect me. And he said it to Luhan’s face too.

            Luhan hated the fact that he was pretty. People rarely called him handsome, and sometimes it made him very self conscious. My father’s words to him really hit him where it hurt the most.

            We almost broke up, but when Luhan realized that I loved him for who he was, flaws and all, just as he loved me, he understood that I would stand by him through anything.

* * *

            After five years, Luhan asked me to marry him.

            I said yes.

            And walking down the aisle, looking into the eyes of my husband, I knew that I belong with him. By his side forever.

            Because it didn’t matter where I was, as long I was with him, that was where home was.

            So we lived (mostly) happily ever after.

           

OMG IT"S MAH TYME 2 SHINe(e)

So I would firstly like to apologize for the cruddy ending that probably seems rushed. But this chapter/ shot was long enough ias it was. (7K what?) 

UGH Luhan. Why did you make me write so much?

Also, sorry it was late. I did not plan for it to be this long. At all.

So this is the end (obviously) I would like to thank everyone who spent time reading my word vomit.

uniquesnowflakes, you are very welcome.

I think that's it. 

(also I would like to make it clear I have never kissed, nor had a relationship with anyone, so I have no idea what I'm talking about.)

(Try not to drown in cheese, but it's like 7K of cheese. So good luck.)

HappyPistachio is out!