Love-1

Three Kinds of Love (With Three Kinds of Boys)

            I was the mighty age of seven when I met my best friend. Those were the days of pure bliss, innocence. But then again in the eyes of children, everything is beautiful.

            Perhaps I should explain about my best friend, if I could sum him up in one word it would be crazy. Nuttier than Nutella.  And I love him for that.

 

* * *

 

 

            I was scrawling a picture onto a sheet of scratch paper, my fingers gripping the brown crayon tightly as I coloured meticulously. It had to be perfect of course, it was for my mom.

 

            All of a sudden a loud beep of a truck blared from outside, surprised, my crayon skidded from the inside of the puppy I was filling in and into the white of the paper. I looked in horror at the brown line marring my creation, to say I was upset was an understatement. But unlike others, I didn't burst into tears, I wasn't sad, more like livid; picking up my ruined artwork and pocketing the brown crayon I stomped my way outside, while my mom called after me, asking where I was going.

            When I stormed out of my house, I spotted a boy standing in front of the truck and made my way over. The boy was shorter than I was, I realized as I walked (but it was probably looked more like I was trying to trample the grass to death) closer to him.

            "Hey," I growled (PUN) poking his skinny shoulder, "What are you doing here?"

            "Huh?" He turned to face me, surprised and not intimidated like I was hoping, "I live here now."

            "What?"

            "Yeah," he gestured to the house next to mine, "We live there now."

            I was being distracted, I must avenge my drawing, and I am not going to be sidetracked, "You are so not cool," I dished out my insult.

            "What?" He asked confused and hurt, "What did I do?"

            I waved my picture in his face, "Look at my puppy,” I exclaimed, gesturing to the stray line of brown, "He's ruined because of you and your dumb truck!"

            As soon as I finished yelling, I clapped my hands over my mouth. I can't believe I just said a bad word, I've never said a bad word before. My drawing fell to the ground forgotten and I fell down with it, crying. From the corner of my eye I could see the boy picking up the paper, wrinkled from my hands and studying it. Then he sat down beside me, still staring intently at it.

            "Do you have a crayon?" He asked looking at me, eyes thoughtful.

            "Yeah," I hiccupped reaching into my pocket for it, "I'm sorry I called your truck a bad word."

            The boy answered while reaching for the offered crayon, "I forgive you, and I don't like this truck either."

            That was when I realized that the boy's eyes were red, and that he looked sad, but the expression turned into one of concentration as he lightly drew something onto my paper.

            "What are you doing?" I asked my voice still a little bit shaky, "Are you adding something?"

            He turned to me and grinned, "Yup, I'm trying to fix it since the truck did ruin it."

            I tilted my head to the side, "That's not your truck?"

            He turned back to the drawing when he replied, "Not really, it has our stuff in it, but it's not ours, it'll leave after today."

            "Oh," I nodded, while staring up into the sky.

            "Here!" The boy's exclamation startled me from my thoughts, "Look at it now!"

            He passed the drawing to me and I took it studying it, before my face broke into a huge smile, "You are amazing!"

            The boy blushed, embarrassed, "It's nothing; I just added a leash, that's all."

            "Yeah, now it's perfect!" I praised, clapping as well as I could with a piece of paper in my hand.

            "Thanks,” he said shyly.

            "I take back what I said before, you are the coolest," I laughed, looking at his increasingly red face.

            "Who are you going to give the picture to?" he asked, curious.

            "Well,” I paused thinking," I was going to give it to my mom, but I'm giving it to you now!"

            "Really?" He beamed.

            "Uh huh,” I nodded, "It's a gift; keep it," I said as I gave the picture to him.

            "Thank you."

            "Wait. What's your name?" I asked, realizing I still didn't know the boy's name.

            "Huh? Why?" He asked bewildered.

            I rolled my eyes, "I have to write your name on the picture, duh. My name's Hana by the way."

            "Chanyeol, my name’s Chanyeol," my soon-to-be best friend said before flashing me a smile.

           

            And that was the start of a lifelong friendship. (Although we avoided touching each other until the age of 11 in fear of cooties.)

 

* * *

 

            "OPEN UP," I yelled as I pounded on the door of my best friend's room, "YOU IDIOTIC EGG HEAD."

           Okay, I should probably explain why I was pounding on Chanyeol's door so upset. Let me paint the picture for you shall I? After an exhausting day at school I drag myself to my locker to get my jacket which I stored inside. But when I get to my locker, and interesting sight greets me. My lock, was completly covered, no smothered in glitter glue. There was no way I was going to open my locker now, and I realize on closer inspection, there was a little note stuck right be side my glitter-covered lock.

              'Love, Chanyeol'

              Is this kid looking to get beat up? Augh, why oh why did I decide this guy was going to my best friend? I take a deep breath, it wasn't too bad think optimistically, I mean he has done worse, and it shouldn't be very cold outside. I hike my backpack up my shoulders and make my way to the main exit before something stops me short. 'Chanyeol, you are getting killed today, by who? By me.' I think as I look at the steady downpour of rain outdoors. 'Sometimes, I really hate you.' 

            And now you know why I am acting like a complete lunatic. Back to me pounding on the door.

             "IS THERE NO PRIVACY?!" He hollered from the safety of his room, he knew why I was mad and was hiding in fear.

            "YOU CAN HAVE YOUR PRIVACY WHEN YOU HAVE PAYED FOR YOU WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!" I shout, all the while hammering the door with my fist, "OPEN THE FRIGGIN' DOOR."

            Just then megaphone blared with the voice of Chanyeol's mother, "Chanyeol you better open that door, or else Hana is going to have back-up, and by back-up I mean me."

            I stopped abusing the door and a smug expression was already on my face as I waited for him to open it, I could hear him dragging his feet to the door.

            Chanyeol cracked the door open slightly, “Okay, what do you want?”

            I stuck a foot into the crack before slamming my hand on it, causing the door to open completely. I strode up to him and started repeatedly whacking him with the binder I had in hand, still wet from the rain.

            “Ow. *whack* OW. *whack* OW!” He repeatedly yelped, as I continually assaulted him with my binder, “OKAY. I get it! STOP. *whack* STOP!” He yelled for last time before grabbing the binder I was beating him with and ripping it out of my hand, but that didn’t stop me, I went on and started thwack him with my sopping wet uniform blazer.

            “I SURRENDER!” He yelled, waving the white flag he had made for situations like these.

            I huffed, satisfied with his white flag making an appearance, “So. What do you have to say for yourself?”

            “It was a dare!” He admitted fearfully, hands still clutching the white flag for dear life.

            “Right,” I raised an eyebrow, while pushing my soaked hair away from my face, “It was a dare. Do you honestly expect me to believe that?”

             “Well…” He scratched the back of his neck guiltily, “No, you would never believe me,” he laughed awkwardly.

            I nodded, “And why wouldn’t I believe you?”

            Chanyeol lifted his eyes to stare right into mine, “Because I’m a really y best friend sometimes. But,” he grinned, “You love me anyway.”

            “Augh,” I grunted, “You make it so hard, I can't believe I put up with this on a daily basis,” I gestured to my soaked uniform.

            “In my defense I didn’t know it was going to rain!” He tried to explain.

            But I was having none of it, “You owe me. Seriously, I am going to be sick after what you did. You know I don’t deal well with the cold,” I paused, feeling a sneeze manifesting, “ACHOO!”

            “I’m sorry, I know,” Chanyeol apologized, “I’ll replace the lock for your locker, I promise. I think you could use a hot shower.”

            “Yeah,” I rubbed my hands together, “No duh.”

            “Don’t use all the hot water,” he yelled as I made my way to the bathroom, grabbing the extra clothes I always brought in my backpack.

            I just pulled a face at him and went into the bathroom.

* * *

            After warming up after the hot shower, I went downstairs to the basement, where the theatre is, knowing Chanyeol would be there. He always watched my favourite movie with me, in order to atone for what torture he had put me through and made popcorn with butter. Lots of butter.

           I hopped onto the couch and snuggled into Chanyeol’s side as he threw a blanket over our legs.

            “Sometimes, you’re a really cruddy best friend you know,” I said softly as Inception started, Chanyeol wrapping his arm around me.

            “I know,” he replied gazing at the screen before turning to me and laughed, “But you’re the only one that can endure my 'cruddiness', so you’re stuck with me.”

            “Then again, you’re probably the only person willing to be friends with me,” I smirked, already knowing what I would be doing tomorrow.

* * *

            “HANA I SWEAR,” Chanyeol yelled, clobbering my door with a closed fist, “OPEN THE DOOR, AND EXPLAIN THIS!”

            I sighed, “Yup, this is why we are best friends,” before walking to the door and letting in a Chanyeol I knew would be red in the face from embarrassment and anger because of me.

            At the age of 14, this was our friendship in a nutshell. (Maybe not every day, but this happened too often to count. We were too alike for our own good.)

 

* * *

 

 

            But then, one night something hit me. It came out of nowhere, it was a usual night,  Chanyeol and I were once again watching a movie. When I turned to ask for some popcorn (since he was hogging the bowl) I was struck with a side profile of Chanyeol’s face. I don’t know why it froze me like it did, but what really shocked me was what I thought.

 

            I realized that this boy was very cute, and knew me like no one else, and vice versa. Besides my family, this boy who I met when I was seven was the closest person I had.

            Then I wondered, could he be the one for me? This ridiculous, fun loving idiot, was he destined for me like those cheesy romance stories? I mean, he is my best friend after all, and things like this happened all the time.

            It could be an easy relationship, comfortable, nice.

            But then I realized that even though we were as tight as two people could be, his arm around my shoulders, my head settled on his shoulders, we weren’t meant to be the way I was wondering. The feeling I have with Chanyeol is love, but love like siblings, best friends, family. The way he ruffled my hair showed that, the way I ‘verbally abused’ (direct quote from Chanyeol by the way) him showed that, we were too similar. He just wasn’t the one for me, and I wasn’t the one for him.

            That’s when I turned back to the T.V and sighed happily, thankful to have someone like Chanyeol by my side. For better, for worse I knew he always had my back, and I always had his (no matter how many times I threatened to cut his head off.)

 

                 Now for the my spotlight! *drumroll* Welcome the the A/N corner, where I will be ranting, just for a heads up! (Hence the tiny text) I hope you guys enjoyed this first chapter, if anything is confusing, go drop a comment. I slapped this together in one day, and yeah. I hope you had your lovely dosage of Chanyeol feels (uhghughtuguhguhguh) and have a loveLay dae! Oh (Sehun) I will hopefully update soon. (No guarentees sorry.) HUEHUEHUE