Buddies

If Loving is Getting into His League

Sulli and Kai love story continues through distance. Can they make it? Is LOVE enough for them to keep going? or Can a simple mistake take them down?

Meet Sulli's best buddy since highschool, a nonstop dancer, an irritable jerk, and well, sometimes, a genius. 

ASIANFANFICS

IF LOVING IS GETTING INTO HIS LEAGUE

presents

CHOI MINHO

 

#Minho #Sulli #OTP #Minsul #BestBuddies #IfLovingisGettingintohisLeague

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Part 6. Buddies

 

“Hey!” somebody snapped my thoughts. It’s Minho—my classmate and currently working on with his dance crew. We were classmates since high school. Back then, he was this plain, douche-mannered, always-absent, yet-still-hot guy but now, I don’t know, since he recovered from his minor lung problem he just can’t stop dancing.

 

 

Well, together, we entered this scholarship and become one of my best buddies.

 

 

Jiyoung was from another school back home so we just met her when we arrived this country. She was already annoying back then.

 

I rolled my eyes. But still was my good friend.

 

 

“Are you really serious about that Kai guy?” He asked. It’s the afternoon break of the class.

 

I nod looking at him blankly with my curly lips with goofy smile. He flicked a finger on my forehead.

 

“Ouch!” I exclaimed.

 

“Don’t you look at the mirror? Your eye bags are hideous.” He growled. “And come on! For goodness’ sake, you don’t even go out anymore.”

 

“There’s no need to get out, genius. I have a boyfriend now.” I said annoyingly.

 

“Relationship with your computer, more like it.” He grunted. “It’s disgusting imagining you making out with your webcam.”

 

“Oh! You’re just jealous, Minho.” I responded sarcastically rolling my eyes.

 

“Me?! Jealous?” He chuckled. “Oh please! I’m just saying he’s also a guy.”

 

“And??” I trailed.

 

“And he couldn’t stand locked in his bedroom all the time talking to you. He’s got some friends, parties, and planes to fly. He couldn’t be like this all the time. He’ll get tired.”

 

I was about to confront him but the drum rolled. Break is over.

 

I couldn’t focus on my lecture today. The things Minho said are true; I just don’t want to admit it to myself. How long is it going to be like this?

 

I took my phone out of my pocket and typed carefully under my desk so my professor wouldn’t see.

 

 

 

 

Very soon, he replied.

 

 

 

Thanks?! Is that it?

 

 

He never gets up this early. But really?? or maybe I'm overthinking it way too much.

 

 

 

 

Oh come on! Drunk? Really?! Now that is not overthinking. My eyebrow creased at anger and doubt. I typed hard.

 

 

Ugh! I’m so pissed right now. How on earth didn’t I think about this? How many times did he do this to me? And duh?! For goodness’ sake, it’s like 8 am in London.

 

I checked my messages and voila! 

 

 

Seen?! Are you kidding me? That is crazy!

 

“Ms. Sulli Choi would you like to share us whatever you’re up to?”

 

Oh !

 

I cleared my throat and tried to act normally. “It’s nothing really Sir. Just... ahh... just checking scholarship offers.”

 

“Not in my subject, Ms. Choi.” he snaps. “You’re lucky it’s the last hour otherwise I’m going to ask you to leave. Understand?”

 

“Ye...Yes sir.” I stutter.

 

 

Mr. Heechul is seriously the most terror teacher I’ve ever had. He’s the type of someone who’ll kick you out of class by forgetting to bring a pen or a book. I understand book, but pen? He likes to cook students on their seats to humiliate. He says that’s his way of disciplining them.

 

 

“But before you seat...” he added. “Would you mind answering the question I just read?

 

“Oh...” I gulped. Oh my God! What am I going to do? My blood is rising to my face, I’m starting to panic but suddenly,

 

“Book! Page 89 number 3.” It was Minho sitting behind me. He whispered carefully.

 

“Think as an environmentalist,” I read the question. “Give an environmental effort existing today and point out in your own perception, what’s lacking in the idea.”

 

Goodness! I whispered to myself. I think I’m having a nervous breakdown.

 

“Calm down! For God’s sake!” Minho hissed again.

 

“Diversity?” I let out.

 

Mr. Heechul seemed surprise. “Okay, what do you think is lacking by diversity?”

 

“Us? I mean, of all people we should know, diversity is always the priority.” I breathe out. Everyone’s staring at me; looking curious. What’s really wrong about applying diversity?

 

 

“What’s really wrong about applying diversity? There’s nothing wrong of course. Diversity is the key to save the earth but it doesn’t only mean to grow and breed as many species as possible. It is also the need of open contribution of human-diversified ideas that tells us we got to be diverse as ourselves to grow. That’s why they say to step out of the box and think out of the line...

 

—wait, that’s wrong,”

 

 

 I saw him wrinkled his forehead. “...that should be step out of the line and think out of the box.”

 

 

I sat down. The room went quiet. “Did I say something wrong?” I hissed to my back.

 

 

“I don’t even know what you were talking about.” He replied.

 

 

Even though I can’t see him, I can imagine him shaking his head but his face still emotionless. This is Minho’s way of saying “you’re so dumb and I can’t even tell this because you’re my friend.”

 

 

The familiar “boom boom!” of the drum banged again. The class is dismissed.

 

 

“Sulli, are you okay?” It’s Minho again. “You don’t seem fine after I confronted you. I’m sorry.”

 

“No, it’s fine. I just really need to go home.”

 

“Yeah, I’ll head to the studio. But you wanna come? It’s been way so long since you step a foot there.”

 

“Not really interested this time Minho. See you!”

 

 

I walk the main road alone but I’m deep in thought. It’s only once isn’t it? Surely he’s got some explanation.

 

I sigh.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hi guys! Are you still with me?

I hope you like our new character. More of him will be seen in the next chapters!

And of course! More of your favorite idols will soon show up

so please, stay with me :))

 

Comment and subscribe to get tuned!

 

Love you guys!

 

-Kai Mai