We Met

If Loving is Getting into His League

Chapter 3. We Met

 

“What the hell?!” I grunted in exasperation while withdrawing myself from the tight embrace of this guy.

My frustration reminded me of the bad things that happened since Jiyoung. I thought of screaming for help but the guy frantically stopped me.

“Hey hey! I’m not trying to rob you.” He smirks handing the phone back. In my surprise, it’s the guy from the sketch wearing the same grin, the same tousled hair, and his adam’s apple moving producing a husky manly voice.

But I was terrified and my hands are still shaking.

“Yeah? Not to mention you almost choke me with your arms. I thought it was a holdup.”

I heard him chuckle. “Me? A hold upper? Oh please. Pardon me for saving you from your embarrassing attempt to take a selfie.”

Ugh. I suddenly felt really embarrass that seems to be shrinking my confidence to the deepest part of my body. “Who the hell are you anyway?”

I already knew him from the sketch but I was meaning to ask his name. Right now, I’m only playing annoyed.

“So many people today, huh?” He shrugged then he looked around. “I’m Kai. You?”

“Sulli” I realized there’s no point of changing my name into other else. He looks clean and well enough to be a criminal. Well, he’s actually really handsome at this close. He’s maybe a feet higher than me, I can’t decide if his eyes are brown or grey. It’s like a light brown with tinge of grey. He has thick eyebrows and his tousled dark hair.  His really defined perfect jaw line is hot too.

“Is that your real name? Or your real nickname because you’re still thinking I’m a criminal?” He smirks sarcastically while looking directly at me. “Besides, you’ve already seen me right? I remember you looking pretty awe in the sketch.” He’s so dashing that I’m in danger of either getting completely dazed or jump into imagination of him kissing me. But I gotta act cool.

“The complete opposite of the second thing you said.” I recovered. He’s still staring at me. “Sulli. That’s my real name, Kai.” I emphasized his name trying to make it sound as endearment.

“Well, are you alone Sulli?” He emphasized back my name. I can’t help but to let out the smile I was keeping. I replied. “And yes, I’m alone Kai.”

Very suddenly, he grabbed my hand and gently dragged me beside him. As in beside him, meaning there is almost no space between us except for our hands entwined together.

“Hey what are you doing?” But I can’t keep feeling so giddy. I realized myself smiling towards my ears and in my surprise, so was he.

“You’re a Filipino, aren’t you?” he asked looking briefly at me, still keeping his wide grin.

“And I see you aren’t.” I come back.

He winked. “A bit.”

“What do you mean?”

“Oh, my grandpa is Spanish and he married a Filipina. So my mom is half and that makes me...” he trailed while thinking. “what... ¼ or 1/3. I don’t know.”

We both chuckled in unison.

“Well, that explains the cheesy manner.” I winked back with a slight shrug.

 “Why are you alone in this place?”

“Hmm...” the thought of the bad things came back again so I blew it away. I won’t let Jiyoung screw my cheesy moment. “Nothing really, just keeping my thoughts away from a bastard and a... let’s say... screwy .”

“Ohh... let me guess, your best friend and your ex right?”

“Old story, huh?” I shrugged. “I don’t really want to talk about it.”

At this point of time, I can feel my palm getting sweaty and I’m on this edge of my thought if it is okay to grab it away or not. Of course, I don’t want him to let go of me and he doesn’t seem to care so maybe I should let it? But gross. My hands are all sweaty and sticky. Okay...

“Ahmm, Kai?”

“Yes?”

“Why are you holding my hand?” I asked with my heart rising into maximum heart beat.

“Oh, my bad. Do you want it back? Because I could let go anytime—”

“No no!” I interrupted. “I kinda like it too but it’s so sweaty now and... don’t you think it’s time for me to wipe it?”

I’m on my edge of laughing and crying—crying because this is so embarrassing.

“Haha! Come on...” we sat on one of the benches of the lake. “Here...” He let go of my hand but he didn’t actually give it back. He took off a scarf out of his pocket and used it to wipe my hand.

“Better?” he smiled with his striking stare again. I just nod.

“Why are you doing this? Where are your parents?”

“You really look so cute grinning over the sketch. I’m guessing you also caught the artist’s humor. And you trying to take a selfie back there was just really adorable.” He didn’t take off his smile instead, he held my hand again but I grab it immediately. He seemed surprise.

“So I’m a kid to you?” I asked stupidly. I shouldn’t be throwing tantrums like this. “Addressing me as cute and adorable.” I continued anyway.

“Hey, don’t get me wrong.” He says worriedly. “Some girls are just too covered up with make-ups and somehow, it makes their personality look unreal. But you...” he sighed.

Holy! This is too cheesy.

“... you seem so real—so happy yet so sad. It’s really striking for us men, you know.”

I don’t know what to say but my heart is melting so I diverted the topic. “Where are your parents?”

 “They aren’t here anymore. They flew back to Saigon.”

I was surprised, whose parents would let their children stroll around another country alone. My parent, I guess? I mean they let me stay here for 3 years already.

“But why are you still here?” I asked again.

He pointed at the camera hanging on his neck. “I want to explore this city more. My parents are so busy. Apparently, we spent their only free time with that sketch.” He breathes. “And I could only be with you once.”

Really, this moment is perfect. But we have just met, why is he saying this? For all I know, he could be a mad photographer recruiting girls for photography.

“Seriously? Could you please stop being so cheesy? I understand guys with Filipino blood are sweet but this way? You sound creepy.”

Sitting on that bench, resting our backs in that seat, I didn’t notice his arms resting just above my shoulder. Easily and gently, he grabbed my head and kissed my forehead.

“Do I?” he whispered.

________________________________________________________

Hi again! I hope you're enjoying this so far because I am. Keke~

Anyway, I should ask you, do you prefer using their true name or the character names I use? Please comment below and don't forget to subscribe. More is coming!! Stay with me until the end. :)

Help me spread this love. 

 

-Kai Mai